Check your account email address ×

I have heard it all.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The maryjane topic on drug testing will end up in court.   Reality is if you are suspicious of someone being impaired at work you don't need a drug test to fire them or not hire them in the first place.  

I think they are going to at least reschedule cannabis federally. It's stupid when over half the states have medical and or recreational and aren't pursuing enforcement of federal laws. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

I think they are going to at least reschedule cannabis federally. It's stupid when over half the states have medical and or recreational and aren't pursuing enforcement of federal laws. 

Agreed. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

I only have one and they aren't requiring drug tests. 

My son that works in Colorado had to piss clean when he first hired because of federal contracts. The company he works for has to have a drug testing policy in order to bid Fed work. His boss told him he had the job but had to piss clean once. He gave him 2 weeks to go to the clinic.  After he passed the boss said you are good to go. If you are ever fucked up at work,you are gone.

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

Out of our 9 office staff 3 have been working from home full time (young children at home).   I've seen zero issues with it.   All three come in at some point of the week for a few hours to complete some tasks that have to be done here but even those other people here could be trained for.   

Corporate travel will tank for a few years bare minimum.   I don't understand why as much was done prior to all this with the ease of video meetings. 

It's been on the decline for decades already imo.

Once upon a time international trade shows were a much bigger deal than today.

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I remember during the recession of the late 80/s their was a high rise in Lowell Mass. Built for $60 million. SOld at acuction for $580 k plus 1.5 mill in back taxes . Dude that bought it sold it 2 yurs later for 40 mil

we were in there with a previous company.  Amazing the money that was lost and made on that place.  

8 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

yes,   we are looking at it.  Most efficient month ever in April with next to no one in their offices.  So we will give the option more and more for employees to choose to work from home. I would expect we will shed at least 1 building in our corporate campus plus put on hold a couple expansions we had looked at.   Unfortunately with the way licensing works it's hard for us to cut a deal with a wework or regus to meet our needs for transient sales people so the sales offices will stay.   

I just hope I get to release a few select people back to the job hunt before they can my sorry ass.