Check your account email address ×

Stimulus Checks sen to dead people

Federal Reserve - Spends trillion funneling money into junk assets to save rich people......Racer says Derrrrrrrr

Fed Govt - Send a few millions dollars worth of checks to dead people accidentally..... Racer says ZOMG THIS IS HORRIBLE FRAUD DERRRR PEOPLE MIGHT SPEND THIS MONEY DERRRR

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Federal Reserve - Spends trillion funneling money into junk assets to save rich people......Racer says Derrrrrrrr

Fed Govt - Send a few millions dollars worth of checks to dead people accidentally..... Racer says ZOMG THIS IS HORRIBLE FRAUD DERRRR PEOPLE MIGHT SPEND THIS MONEY DERRRR

So fucking true. :lol: 

Yup. My father passed away 2 yrs ago in March. Tuesday I got a check in the mail with his name and decd after it as well as my name and per rep as I was the personal representative for his estate. So they knew he was deceased and still sent him a check. I have to admit I scratched my head and thought how is this going to work? In the end I did a little research and found there is a box on the front of the envelope that states "check here if recipient is deceased and drop in mailbox". Totally missed it.  So it's going back to the Dept of Treasury. SMH.....

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Exactly where did you come up with this?   Do you have any idea if the absentee ballots sent to dead people will be counted, or will they just ask for them back.  Dipshit.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

So fucking true. :lol: 

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Exactly where did you come up with this?   Do you have any idea if the absentee ballots sent to dead people will be counted, or will they just ask for them back.  Dipshit.

Derrrrr de derrrrrrr der derp derp derp!!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skidude600 said:

Yup. My father passed away 2 yrs ago in March. Tuesday I got a check in the mail with his name and decd after it as well as my name and per rep as I was the personal representative for his estate. So they knew he was deceased and still sent him a check. I have to admit I scratched my head and thought how is this going to work? In the end I did a little research and found there is a box on the front of the envelope that states "check here if recipient is deceased and drop in mailbox". Totally missed it.  So it's going back to the Dept of Treasury. SMH.....

Same here. My MIL passed in Feb. 2018 and my wife just went to close the estate account and there is a 1,200.00 deposit.

It will be returned but it’s a little more difficult because it was a direct deposit.

So just yesterday I heard on the radio how family members wanted to keep checks sent to their deceased relatives and the govt said no they cannot. Thread fail. 

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

So just yesterday I heard on the radio how family members wanted to keep checks sent to their deceased relatives and the govt said no they cannot. Thread fail. 

I have to admit I thought about it for a split second, but considering everything I thought I would have to change, in the end it would have been a pain in the ass. Besides I don't need the feds on my doorstep and ultimately it was the right thing to do.

7 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

I have to admit I thought about it for a split second, but considering everything I thought I would have to change, in the end it would have been a pain in the ass. Besides I don't need the feds on my doorstep and ultimately it was the right thing to do.

You coulda cashed it at the currency exchange and played dumb. :bc:

11 hours ago, Anler said:

I guarantee there are people out there that will do this.   So, if they know the recipient was decd, why did they send the check?  If they will do something like this, how many absentee ballots are going to be sent to deceased people?

Just now, racer254 said:

I guarantee there are people out there that will do this.   So, if they know the recipient was decd, why did they send the check?  If they will do something like this, how many absentee ballots are going to be sent to deceased people?

Hopefully trillions!

35 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It was based on your 2018 return.

12 hours ago, Anler said:

We've had checks (receivables) cashed that mistakenly went to neighboring companies.  A few times.  WTF??

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It was based on your 2018 return.

DECEASED!!!, the irs knew the checks were going to DECEASED people.  Why would you send a check to a deceased person.  Do they send SS checks to deceased people?

Edited by racer254

28 minutes ago, racer254 said:

DECEASED!!!, the irs knew the checks were going to DECEASED people.  Why would you send a check to a deceased person.  Do they send SS checks to deceased people?

Email your rep in Congress or run for office and change the world.