Check your account email address ×

Amash For President

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 4/28/2020 at 11:28 PM, DriftBusta said:

Well I'm fine with the job he's done and issues he's confronted.  Amash is just....who again?

On 4/28/2020 at 11:38 PM, SSFB said:

One of the few fiscal conservatives in DC :bc:

On 4/29/2020 at 7:40 AM, DriftBusta said:

So fucking vote for him you guys if you love him so much.  I can see that fascists is Bens new word this week.  :lol:  

10 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Trump fun boys pretend to care about all those things. 

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They only care about what Trump tells them to care about

Exhibit A

3 hours ago, SSFB said:

Yep, America is great in spite of it's Presidents, not because. 

You don't think we've had some great presidents that have guided the country through some turbulent times?  Thats a little more than the average level of cynicism.

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

Trump fun boys pretend to care about all those things. 

:golfclap:  We know how these deals end.  He'll end up with millions in campaign donations, write a book, get some talk show gigs, but not be president.  And I don't even think he's a bad guy, he just has no shot.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exhibit A

You been here all day, and are so triggered you have to dig up a post I made yesterday?  Poor fella.

49 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You don't think we've had some great presidents that have guided the country through some turbulent times?  Thats a little more than the average level of cynicism.

:golfclap:  We know how these deals end.  He'll end up with millions in campaign donations, write a book, get some talk show gigs, but not be president.  And I don't even think he's a bad guy, he just has no shot.

You been here all day, and are so triggered you have to dig up a post I made yesterday?  Poor fella.

I wouldn’t say he has no shot. The candidates right now aren’t very strong at all. At the very least he could alter the election by taking votes from both candidates. 

10 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I wouldn’t say he has no shot. The candidates right now aren’t very strong at all. At the very least he could alter the election by taking votes from both candidates. 

Just my gut, I don't think anyone has a shot at beating Trump.  And I've said that for a while.  We'll see.

Let's be real and stipulate the vote will be for VP.

The democrats need every neverTrump vote they can get. Amash will simply siphon those off.

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Sure, we've had some good Presidents but much the same as America is great in spite of it's Presidents, America can survive some shitty situations in spite of their Presidents. Obama didn't save America from the Great Recession for example. Anybody could have been President and the economy would have come back eventually.

I remember you losing your shit when people(not me) said Trump had no shot in 2016. Like I said at the time, every candidate has a shot, just to varying degrees. 

No, Amash isn't going to win but some places had Trump at what, 3% chance of winning? So hey, I guess Amash has a shot. :lol:

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

So the stupid shit you say has an expiration date...doesn't matter anyhow as you have been saying the same stupid shit for years.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

8 hours ago, SSFB said:

Sure, we've had some good Presidents but much the same as America is great in spite of it's Presidents, America can survive some shitty situations in spite of their Presidents. Obama didn't save America from the Great Recession for example. Anybody could have been President and the economy would have come back eventually.

I remember you losing your shit when people(not me) said Trump had no shot in 2016. Like I said at the time, every candidate has a shot, just to varying degrees. 

No, Amash isn't going to win but some places had Trump at what, 3% chance of winning? So hey, I guess Amash has a shot. :lol:

Losing my shit?  More like laughing my ass off.  And I'm still laughing my ass off at the guys who shit on him day in and day out.  I know the guys far from perfect, but in the big picture, he's the best president we've had in a long time.  I've also been consistent for several years that he'll be re elected easily, because I think there are enough people who get him, and whats wrong with Washington and the media.  I shudder to think what kind of world we'd be living in if Hillary got elected.  I pay zero attention to polls, the last election has proven them to be a farce as well.  Amash doesn't have the recognition, support or backing, and has no shot imo.

8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So the stupid shit you say has an expiration date...doesn't matter anyhow as you have been saying the same stupid shit for years.  :thumbsup:

Going through life as a miserable twat is no way to be Jim.  Seek help  :thumbsup: 

13 hours ago, Edmo said:

he has no shot,  no matter how weak the candidates are a third party candidate only can sway the election to the other big party.  Hell the best third party candidate ever just pushed the Clintons into office which looking back is both the best and worst thing that happened.  Worst because it gave us the Hillamonster,  best because of the last 30 yers of presidents he was the best.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Snake said:

Let's be real and stipulate the vote will be for VP.

The democrats need every neverTrump vote they can get. Amash will simply siphon those off.

This.

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

he has no shot,  no matter how weak the candidates are a third party candidate only can sway the election to the other big party.  

...and this.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

DD6DFF87-AE91-4721-8ACC-F20124406E33.jpeg.71f8278cb82898565445c7ab4d7b7f24.jpeg

In theory, I have zero problem with this idea but, I can sure see some serious problems cropping up with it.  I may go and read the fine points on it to see but, I’d sure guess some type of “hold harmless” agreement would have to be signed by the purchaser.

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Trump signs Collins’ IRS civil asset forfeiture bill

Updated: July 3, 2019, 4:55 p.m.

A bill introduced by U.S. Rep. Doug Collins, R-Gainesville, that aims to prevent abuse of civil asset forfeiture policies has been signed by President Donald Trump.

The Taxpayer First Act includes Collins’ RESPECT Act, which he reintroduced earlier this year. That bill was inspired in part by Andrew Clyde, an Athens gun shop owner. In 2013, the Internal Revenue Service took $950,000 from Clyde’s account. Clyde’s business had been doing well, and he told The Times in 2017 that at the time the money was taken, his store had almost sold out.

Civil asset forfeiture allows governments to seize property they believe someone obtained illegally.

Charges were never brought against Clyde, and he struggled to make ends meet with his business.

“I didn’t have any money for payroll,” Clyde said in 2018. “I had to go borrow $80,000 in order to make payroll and to pay some of the accounts payable of the stuff that had started to come in.”

Clyde eventually reached a settlement with the IRS and was able to get $900,000 back. He said that the bill signed by Trump Monday can prevent future misuse of civil asset forfeiture practices.

"In 2015, I and two others who are named in this bill testified in Congress against this abuse by the IRS," Clyde said in a statement. "The RESPECT Act, which passed unanimously this year in both the House and the Senate, is the response of the Congress to those abuses. … It should prevent any other law-abiding citizen from ever suffering the abuse that I suffered. I highly commend Congressman Collins and Congressman Lewis for their parts in helping to make this much needed legislation become law."

At the time his money was taken, Clyde had been accused of “structuring,” or setting up bank deposits in order to avoid reporting to the IRS. Under previous law, the IRS could seize money if individuals had routinely “structured” deposits or withdrawals of less than $10,000.

The RESPECT Act adjusts IRS rules to only allow forfeiture for “structuring” if the money comes from an illegal source or is used to hide illegal activity. Prosecutors will be required to demonstrate probable cause that the seized money was somehow used illegally.

“For too long, hardworking individuals and small business owners — like Andrew Clyde — have fallen victim as the IRS has abused civil asset forfeiture. With the RESPECT Act finally becoming law, law-abiding citizens can rest easy knowing they no longer have to fight the federal government just to prove their innocence,” Collins said in a statement.

The RESPECT Act was co-sponsored by U.S. Rep. John Lewis, a Democrat from Atlanta.  

https://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/trump-signs-collins-irs-civil-asset-forfeiture-bill/

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Trump signs Collins’ IRS civil asset forfeiture bill

Updated: July 3, 2019, 4:55 p.m.

A bill introduced by U.S. Rep. Doug Collins, R-Gainesville, that aims to prevent abuse of civil asset forfeiture policies has been signed by President Donald Trump.

The Taxpayer First Act includes Collins’ RESPECT Act, which he reintroduced earlier this year. That bill was inspired in part by Andrew Clyde, an Athens gun shop owner. In 2013, the Internal Revenue Service took $950,000 from Clyde’s account. Clyde’s business had been doing well, and he told The Times in 2017 that at the time the money was taken, his store had almost sold out.

Civil asset forfeiture allows governments to seize property they believe someone obtained illegally.

Charges were never brought against Clyde, and he struggled to make ends meet with his business.

“I didn’t have any money for payroll,” Clyde said in 2018. “I had to go borrow $80,000 in order to make payroll and to pay some of the accounts payable of the stuff that had started to come in.”

Clyde eventually reached a settlement with the IRS and was able to get $900,000 back. He said that the bill signed by Trump Monday can prevent future misuse of civil asset forfeiture practices.

"In 2015, I and two others who are named in this bill testified in Congress against this abuse by the IRS," Clyde said in a statement. "The RESPECT Act, which passed unanimously this year in both the House and the Senate, is the response of the Congress to those abuses. … It should prevent any other law-abiding citizen from ever suffering the abuse that I suffered. I highly commend Congressman Collins and Congressman Lewis for their parts in helping to make this much needed legislation become law."

At the time his money was taken, Clyde had been accused of “structuring,” or setting up bank deposits in order to avoid reporting to the IRS. Under previous law, the IRS could seize money if individuals had routinely “structured” deposits or withdrawals of less than $10,000.

The RESPECT Act adjusts IRS rules to only allow forfeiture for “structuring” if the money comes from an illegal source or is used to hide illegal activity. Prosecutors will be required to demonstrate probable cause that the seized money was somehow used illegally.

“For too long, hardworking individuals and small business owners — like Andrew Clyde — have fallen victim as the IRS has abused civil asset forfeiture. With the RESPECT Act finally becoming law, law-abiding citizens can rest easy knowing they no longer have to fight the federal government just to prove their innocence,” Collins said in a statement.

The RESPECT Act was co-sponsored by U.S. Rep. John Lewis, a Democrat from Atlanta.  

https://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/trump-signs-collins-irs-civil-asset-forfeiture-bill/

Have you ever heard of a few guys named Bill Barr and Brett Kavanaugh?

Edited by f7ben

37 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

:lol:   Led.

Right...as you pull that R lever year after year without a second thought...you say  you're a Conservative but that's a lie. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks