Check your account email address ×

China implements use of digital currency

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

fuck that . the ultimate forum of govenment control . you watch if they do this they will soon be banning owning gold and silver.  guaranteed 

It will greatly enable convertibility of currency. Which can facilitate trade in seconds instead of days or longer. Imagine if they start trading commodities such as I don't know oil in digital yuan's instead of dollars? That won't be good

Also the treasury Dept hired one of the guys behind coinbase, a crypto currency trading application. Why do you suppose they would do that?... 

3 hours ago, Anler said:

It will greatly enable convertibility of currency. Which can facilitate trade in seconds instead of days or longer. Imagine if they start trading commodities such as I don't know oil in digital yuan's instead of dollars? That won't be good

Also the treasury Dept hired one of the guys behind coinbase, a crypto currency trading application. Why do you suppose they would do that?... 

I have zero doubt the govenment has wanted to go cashless for a long time . like I said just another  way to control your people is take away there ability to buy and sell with out being tracked 

1 hour ago, $poorsledder$ said:

So would the government question  all private transactions over a certain dollar amount for tax reasons or say unemployment claims?  

in other words the main reason they want to do this and will ban all possession of precious metals will be along shortly after implementation . you think we can spend like we are and not tax every transaction ? 

2 hours ago, $poorsledder$ said:

So would the government question  all private transactions over a certain dollar amount for tax reasons or say unemployment claims?  

It would certainly provide them with more invasion of your privacy. 

50 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

in other words the main reason they want to do this and will ban all possession of precious metals will be along shortly after implementation . you think we can spend like we are and not tax every transaction ? 

With China starting this it puts the heat on the US, they can't let China make the Yuan a more usable global currency.  

• USA Contributing Member

So when little Johnny cuts my lawn and I give him a “digital” $20.00 is he going to get taxed at the end of the year?  If the Italian restaurant gives the 2 under the table workers each $60.00 a week through the summer I’m sure this will add up as well. Cash tips are now documented..... there’s a lot of new taxes to be taken in.

1 hour ago, $poorsledder$ said:

So when little Johnny cuts my lawn and I give him a “digital” $20.00 is he going to get taxed at the end of the year?  If the Italian restaurant gives the 2 under the table workers each $60.00 a week through the summer I’m sure this will add up as well. Cash tips are now documented..... there’s a lot of new taxes to be taken in.

Little Johnny won’t be taxed because he ain’t cutting more than $3000 worth of lawns and won’t have to file taxes

• USA Contributing Member
49 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Little Johnny won’t be taxed because he ain’t cutting more than $3000 worth of lawns and won’t have to file taxes

Some of these Little Johnnys might hit the limit over a long summer.  It ain’t a little $20 in most cases to cut grass or shovel snow anymore. 

What are all the potheads going to barter with? How are congressmen going to pay the Washington prostitutes?  I guess you could title them as interns.

A lot of cash transactions going on out there that can now be traced, taxes, and used against you.

Just think of your insurance company upping your rates when they see you purchasing all that shit coors lite and McDonald’s fast food. 

2 hours ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Who knows. That's why I am a big fan of decentralized currencies like Bitcoin. Your business stays your business. :bc:

• Gold Member

Updated on 3/24/20 at 11:45 AM: The final version of the economic stimulus package offered by Speaker Pelosi for the House Democrats no longer includes the U.S. Digital Dollar proposal; however, the language as proposed by Chairwoman Waters of the House Financial Services Committee still contains this language. Links to the original and updated stimulus bills with the latest language are at the end of the story.

13 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Updated on 3/24/20 at 11:45 AM: The final version of the economic stimulus package offered by Speaker Pelosi for the House Democrats no longer includes the U.S. Digital Dollar proposal; however, the language as proposed by Chairwoman Waters of the House Financial Services Committee still contains this language. Links to the original and updated stimulus bills with the latest language are at the end of the story.

Sorry bad source.

Under the ABC Act, Congress would authorize the Federal Reserve to create “FedAccounts,” meaning “Digital Dollar Account Wallets,” which would allow U.S. residents, citizens and businesses located in the country to access financial services.

“No later than January 1, 2021, the Secretary shall offer all recipients of BOOST payments the option to receive their payments in digital dollar wallets,” Thursday’s bill read.

The bill was introduced in the wake of ongoing issues with issuing $1,200 stimulus payments authorized under the CARES Act. The Internal Revenue Service has been sending payments to taxpayers, but glitches have prevented numerous individuals from receiving their funds – or even from being able to verify their payment status, the Washington Post reported Thursday.

https://www.coindesk.com/digital-dollar-reintroduced-by-us-lawmakers-in-latest-stimulus-bill

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

How much cash is actually handled right now with the way things operate?  

I’ll grab cash for a marketplace or Craigslist purchase. Otherwise it’s a credit card purchase. I hate cash. 

On 4/25/2020 at 12:03 PM, Anler said:

The United States will be next. Mnuchin has said they aren't considering it at the moment but he lied. We have no choice now after this move by China. 

It’s inevitable. It’ll be tough on the illicit drug industry.  

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

It’s inevitable. It’ll be tough on the illicit drug industry.  

Its gonna take a bit to get mainstream but I dont expect it to have any effect on illegal anything sales. 

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I pushed it for a while.  Big finance will never let it go through.

Neal

The way Big finance is going it will eventually implode on itself. Thats where decentralized currency is far superior. They have been fighting bitcoin since it was pennies and have been unsuccessful, outside of an outright ban its going to continue to grow. Blockchain technology is taking over everything right now. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
29 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’ll grab cash for a marketplace or Craigslist purchase. Otherwise it’s a credit card purchase. I hate cash. 

I'm talking about in our economy in general.   When you pay a bill by check or CC its not like the bank sends the company or person cash.