Check your account email address ×

What states require coronavirus face masks in public?

1 hour ago, Snake said:

When I joined the Army, I made an oath to obey the orders of those appointed over me.

Were I still there, I would wear one if mandated.

I got 2 pieces of paper that absolves me of any and all orders.... one is an honorable discharge and the other is the Bill of Rights.

Oh, I really like this...and truth!!!  

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, ckf said:

The reason for the mask is to keep the person wearing the mask from spreading the virus. You aren't wearing it to protect yourself.  The reason you get eyeball fucked for not wearing one is because you are saying that you don't give a fuck about others.

Yeah, that's actually kind of the way I feel now when I see someone without it in a store. It is very rare to see anyone without one here..... But I don't really frown Upon them too badly.  Some people are just soured about the whole mask idea because we were sold a bill of goods originally when they were saying to donate them because it didn't help the General Public. Anyway...... So many people just don't know what to believe anymore on their effectiveness of protecting  themselves or others

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Pandemics no different than war do not override the constitution.   

Much of what is going on should not be mandatory.   A store can choose to not serve customers if they are not wearing a mask the govt should not be able to make it mandatory.

A state or county can choose to close a park....they do it all the time for other reasons.

They cannot and should not be able to make a law stating I cannot go visit my mother.

I do not think they should be able to widespread close business' down when others like liq stores and pot dispensaries are kept open. 

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Pandemics no different than war do not override the constitution.   

Much of what is going on should not be mandatory.   A store can choose to not serve customers if they are not wearing a mask the govt should not be able to make it mandatory.

A state or county can choose to close a park....they do it all the time for other reasons.

They cannot and should not be able to make a law stating I cannot go visit my mother.

I do not think they should be able to widespread close business' down when others like liq stores and pot dispensaries are kept open. 

Agreed on some states taking it to far. Our boat ramps are open and we can go visit family.  The state AG has said that law enforcement will not arrest or ticket anyone found breaking one of the orders.  They will be given a good talking to.  :lol:

Ilanoid only requires them if you can’t stay 6” apart. If a store requires one,you have a choice to put one on or go elsewhere. Some job sites and buildings are requiring them because of elevators.  Only about 50% of the people I see are wearing them in Chicago and less than that out were I live. I only wear one if the job site requires it.  I just scored a box of 25 surgical masks. 

11 hours ago, Anler said:

Apparently we dont really need masks, we can just drink sunshine and bleach. 

Isopropyl dude, that guy from Homeland Security who got Trump all excited said the Iso kills it in 30 seconds versus 5 minutes for the bleach.

28 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Ilanoid only requires them if you can’t stay 6” apart. If a store requires one,you have a choice to put one on or go elsewhere. Some job sites and buildings are requiring them because of elevators.  Only about 50% of the people I see are wearing them in Chicago and less than that out were I live. I only wear one if the job site requires it.  I just scored a box of 25 surgical masks. 

We have another 1,000 coming Monday, all the field folks have been wearing masks for the last 5 weeks and have been appreciative that we have worked our asses off to secure it, we also got face sheilds this week that work great with hard hats. Everyone is smart enough to realize that if they get the Covid that they might infect a fellow employee and also cause a complete jobsite to get shutdown with a lot of people having to sit home in self quarantine.

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Isopropyl dude, that guy from Homeland Security who got Trump all excited said the Iso kills it in 30 seconds versus 5 minutes for the bleach.

We have another 1,000 coming Monday, all the field folks have been wearing masks for the last 5 weeks and have been appreciative that we have worked our asses off to secure it, we also got face sheilds this week that work great with hard hats. Everyone is smart enough to realize that if they get the Covid that they might infect a fellow employee and also cause a complete jobsite to get shutdown with a lot of people having to sit home in self quarantine.

I’ve been doing service alone in mechanical rooms. If we are working together or in groups, masks gloves and safety glasses. Hospital jobs,full head to toe ppe. It all depends on conditions and environment. I’ve been lucky to be in a empty class A office building,that only has a 100 or so people in it. it’s being cleaned from top to bottom,air purge ECT.

12 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Good luck tryna find some isopropyl

Just now, Woodtick said:

I’ve been doing service alone in mechanical rooms. If we are working together or in groups, masks gloves and safety glasses. Hospital jobs,full head to toe ppe. It all depends on conditions and environment. I’ve been lucky to be in a empty class A office building,that only has a 100 or so people in it. it’s being cleaned from top to bottom,air purge ECT.

We've been purchasing gallons of sanitizer for the projects that have no water, we got this stuff that's a gelatious iso based cleaner that is like 80+% alcohol, if you get ill I will inject you with some......you could be like a case study.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

We've been purchasing gallons of sanitizer for the projects that have no water, we got this stuff that's a gelatious iso based cleaner that is like 80+% alcohol, if you get ill I will inject you with some......you could be like a case study.

I’m good,been huffing Lysol in a paper bag for weeks. :lol:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Our shop has everything,just haven’t been there in 3 weeks.

35 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The auto parts store has heat. Drink it in your coffee.

Vince is buying it by the bucket. He must be cooking meth or something. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Vince is buying it by the bucket. He must be cooking meth or something. 

The building im working in had a skid of it delivered today. I don’t think people know that they can wash their hands. They should start telling people to wash their hands.