Check your account email address ×

Sweden resisted a lockdown, and its capital Stockholm is expected to reach 'herd immunity' in weeks

3 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Sweden is the same size as Michigan Population wise. Stockholm has 974K residents and a size of 72 square miles. Detroit has 672K an is 142 square miles in size almost double. There are 14200 confirmed cases of Covidwith over 1200 deaths in Detroit. Stockholm has 16000 cases and 1937 deaths. The numbers are about the same and Stockhold is half the size with 300 thousand more residents meaning the population is denser. Social distancing and lockdowns are fucking stupid. The people who died would've died had they gotten some other virus 

The population is not denser. 90% of Detroit is abandoned wasteland with nobody occupying it. Use your head man

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Just heard Sweden’s death count didn’t include nursing homes. Said it could add 50% more.

Sweden’s death figures are already several times higher than other Scandinavian countries. They fucked up bigly. 

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Sweden just reported an increase of positives today.

Their neighbors are more successful...

7BA2B71F-8D1A-4615-B303-BFB8EE844A6A.jpeg

that's the whole point! get it over with quick then smooth sailing! Do you not believe the science surrounding a virus we know next to nothing about!? 

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

that's the whole point! get it over with quick then smooth sailing! Do you not believe the science surrounding a virus we know next to nothing about!? 

Oh I see the old kill the consumers trick! Those Swedes are a cagey bunch.

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Sure have some dumb cunts in this place. Commerce is the difference. Michigan has 125 million people visit per year and Sweden has 29 million. Jesus fucking Christ. Sometimes the fucking stupid drips. 

it's mostly guys from MI and Manitoba.  It's like they have no schools there :dunno:  

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

it's mostly guys from MI and Manitoba.  It's like they have no schools there :dunno:  

Hey now....Dripper and JT live south of me by a decent amount...AMG too. 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

The population is not denser. 90% of Detroit is abandoned wasteland with nobody occupying it. Use your head man

I fucking live here i think I know. I work downtown and drive through it every day. People are spread out all over the place in detroit. It’s double the size of Stockholm with 400k less residents. 

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I fucking live here i think I know. I work downtown and drive through it every day. People are spread out all over the place in detroit. It’s double the size of Stockholm with 400k less residents. 

Pfffttt...you live there and people were dying in your backyard and you said it was overstated and much ado about nothing. I don't think you have a fucking clue what goes on around you. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

3 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

So you’re saying that Detroit proper doesn’t have massive abandoned areas?

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Large swaths of the city have become "urban prairie"....

https://faithandpubliclife.com/why-is-detroit-so-empty/

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No it doesn’t there are sections of homes scattered around the city. Whats mostly Abandon is the industrial parks and those areas are in the same areas. 

the bigger point is there are more people living here n a smaller area in Stockholm and they have roughly the same number infected and the same number of deaths and they didn’t social distance or lockdown.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Large swaths of the city have become "urban prairie"....

https://faithandpubliclife.com/why-is-detroit-so-empty/

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Exactly

Jimmy doesn’t know what hes fucking talking about and it’s a relevant anyways in that as I just stated there are more people living in Stockholm in a tighter area and when I say tighter I’m not talking like 10 miles tighter it’s half the fucking size of detroit 

4 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Jimmy doesn’t know what hes fucking talking about and it’s a relevant anyways in that as I just stated there are more people living in Stockholm in a tighter area and when I say tighter I’m not talking like 10 miles tighter it’s half the fucking size of detroit 

Dude.....Most of Detroit is uninhabited wasteland ready for bulldozer

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Like I said you are fucking clueless to the world around you. Detroit’s situation is common knowledge.

The population density of Stockholm is 3 times higher than Detroit. The two cities have a similar death rate with Stockholm's slightly higher. 

Without knowing how many people have actually been tested in either city its impossible to determine which one has a higher infection and death rate. 

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The population density of Stockholm is 3 times higher than Detroit. The two cities have a similar death rate with Stockholm's slightly higher. 

Without knowing how many people have actually been tested in either city its impossible to determine which one has a higher infection and death rate. 

The population density of Stockholm is not 3x Detroit if you consider that vast swaths of Detroit proper are abandoned. Use your fucking brain you dumbass