Check your account email address ×

Georgia on my mind and Lindsey's

On Friday the Gov in Georgia is opening up nail salons, hair salons, tattoo parlors, bowling alley's, and massage therapy....does this include massage parlors? IDK but fuck if you're going to get a massage in today's virus atmosphere I would want a happy ending seeing it might be the last one.... Anyhow I digress and in no way do I see how it's possible to maintain social distancing with some of these activities, seems ole Lindsey Graham agrees with me.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Damn...tells you how fucked up things are when Goober is the voice of reason. :lol:

Seriously though SC sounds like they have a better plan.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Damn...tells you how fucked up things are when Goober is the voice of reason. :lol:

Seriously though SC sounds like they have a better plan.

Tom says protective measures are in place. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Tom says protective measures are in place. 

Did I say that?  I thought I said they were being developed.  Either way they should be in place and measurable before any business resumption. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Some mayors are urging citizens to ignore the Governor.

Don't quote me on this, I believe that  the case is that local control can't override the Governor in Georgia.

Kemp's decision also appears to fly in the face of evidence from foreign states and territories such as Singapore and Hong Kong, and the city of Harbin in China, which saw coronavirus infections quickly erupt after social distancing restrictions were lifted or when residents returned from abroad.
Yet if Georgia manages to stave off a disaster, the state could become a blueprint for other areas that choose to live with a certain level of infections -- and by extension, deaths -- in order to alleviate the devastating toll on the economy that has shed more than 20 million jobs in a month.

If Kemp is forced to reintroduce social distancing measures though, his failure could deal a devastating blow to national reopening hopes and the desire of every American who is confined to their homes to a way out of lockdown misery.
"I think this is the right approach at the right time. It's not just throwing the keys back to these business owners," Kemp said, but admitted his move could cause more infections.

"We're probably going to have to see our cases continue to go up, but we're a lot better prepared for that now than we were over a month ago," he said, claiming Georgia had sufficient hospital beds, testing and knowledge to control the virus.

https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/42031493/georgias-reopening-is-highstakes-public-health-stirring-fears-of-a-deadly-new-wave-of-infections-says-atlanta-mayor

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Did I say that?  I thought I said they were being developed.  Either way they should be in place and measurable before any business resumption. 

Absolutely, and they should maintain that social distancing be kept which of course is kind of hard to do with tattoo parlors, hair salons,gyms, message therapy etc. which are opening Friday in GA.

It's not like we need GA to be guinea pig seeing that we have evidence from what happened in Asia when social distancing was lifted to soon. But hey maybe miraculously with the warm southern weather it will all go away.

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Don't quote me on this, I believe that  the case is that local control can't override the Governor in Georgia.

Absolutely, and they should maintain that social distancing be kept which of course is kind of hard to do with tattoo parlors, hair salons,gyms, message therapy etc. which are opening Friday in GA.

It's not like we need GA to be guinea pig seeing that we have evidence from what happened in Asia when social distancing was lifted to soon. But hey maybe miraculously with the warm southern weather it will all go away.

It would be nice to think that the populace and politicians could learn from others. 

7 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

On Friday the Gov in Georgia is opening up nail salons, hair salons, tattoo parlors, bowling alley's, and massage therapy....does this include massage parlors? IDK but fuck if you're going to get a massage in today's virus atmosphere I would want a happy ending seeing it might be the last one.... Anyhow I digress and in no way do I see how it's possible to maintain social distancing with some of these activities, seems ole Lindsey Graham agrees with me.

I don't see any politicians on tv that look to be missing any haircuts have you ? 

20 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It would be nice to think that the populace and politicians could learn from others. 

It's apparent zambo and Kemp don't understand words like exponential growth, and with zambo no one cares because he's zero impact.

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I don't see any politicians on tv that look to be missing any haircuts have you ? 

Of course not, but understand that anyone who gets close to them has been tested.

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's apparent zambo and Kemp don't understand words like exponential growth, and with zambo no one cares because he's zero impact.

Of course not, but understand that anyone who gets close to them has been tested.

Your insight here has been astonishing to watch.  Still waiting on something you state to turn out to be correct.

Fucking partisan hack.

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

oh so some one who cuts hair for a politician can get a test . but in MN you have to have been admitted to icu and even then not a good chance at a test .

I get it now 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Georgia could be a good study. A pilot run. Let em open it up. Given the nature of this disease we’ll see the stats in 2-3 weeks. 

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

oh so some one who cuts hair for a politician can get a test . but in MN you have to have been admitted to icu and even then not a good chance at a test .

I get it now 

Right??  My wife was hospitalized 10 days ago (persistent cough, fluids in her lungs, etc) for several days.  They tested her in ER immediately and somehow fucked up the results and told her no need to return for another test.  "We dont think you have the virus"  Had she died while there I guarantee she would have been listed as a cv19 death. Good chance her stay was listed as a cv19 case....  Fuckers. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jammin said:

Right??  My wife was hospitalized 10 days ago (persistent cough, fluids in her lungs, etc) for several days.  They tested her in ER immediately and somehow fucked up the results and told her no need to return for another test.  "We dont think you have the virus"  Had she died while there I guarantee she would have been listed as a cv19 death. Good chance her stay was listed as a cv19 case....  Fuckers. 

Indeed and for sure on all of this.  All of our numbers and statistics are fucked up because, well, our testing, diagnosing and most of all, our “experts” are fucked up and at odds with one another.  They are all going to try and manipulate data to make their cases.  Fear sells, and America is buying!!!! (See MMGW).

All that being what it is, I hope your wife is ok now.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

The testing is all over the place which has been the biggest issue in all of this...some parts of the country seem to have them readily available for anybody while in other regions they are impossible to get.

11 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Saw Kemp talking about his plan earlier.  Seems reasonable and he gets it that people need to get back to work.

It’s real simple, if you are scared, stay in your fucking hole and cry and shiver quietly.

You speak from experience holed up in Duluth blathering on your PC all day while in the confines of your bunker room/basement with AR at your side :lol:

10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Georgia could be a good study. A pilot run. Let em open it up. Given the nature of this disease we’ll see the stats in 2-3 weeks. 

Agreed.

3 hours ago, jammin said:

Her death would have been reportable and the Milwaukee County coroner would have done an autopsy, it sounds like she has recovered or is recovering and of course we wish her the best. She should definetly get an anti-body test to see if she had the Covid-19.

https://county.milwaukee.gov/EN/Medical-Examiner/Reportable-Deaths

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jammin said:

I’m happy to hear that she made it out ok. That’s scary stuff . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The testing is all over the place which has been the biggest issue in all of this...some parts of the country seem to have them readily available for anybody while in other regions they are impossible to get.

Every state has them.  The problem is, they are inconsistent and that’s been the problem all along.  Throw in the silly narrative that a test is needed for EVERY citizen and well, that’s the narrative driven news you are reading.

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

You speak from experience holed up in Duluth blathering on your PC all day while in the confines of your bunker room/basement with AR at your side :lol:

Agreed.

Her death would have been reportable and the Milwaukee County coroner would have done an autopsy, it sounds like she has recovered or is recovering and of course we wish her the best. She should definetly get an anti-body test to see if she had the Covid-19.

Me and my family’s life hasn’t changed much.  We’re going about doing everything we always have....except for the spending money at the businesses that have been forced to shut down.  We’ve all even taken advantage of that sweet 15 people per jet liner deal since this horrifying pandemic!  :lol:

53 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Agreed.

i doubt that.  Not a mystery death,  no ones going to be digging deep and autopsying all the bodies.