Check your account email address ×

Why are ecoboothts so bad on fuel?

Rod

Just now, Kev144 said:

The 5.0 performance wise is much better than the 5.3. It almost feels like a huge dog with the programming it has.  The 6.2 is the motor to get. 

6.2 is awesome I’m not sure how they even sell many 5.3’s for the price difference 

50 minutes ago, ACE said:

6.2 is awesome I’m not sure how they even sell many 5.3’s for the price difference 

In the past you had to get the really pimped out truck to get the 6.2. Now it’s more widely available in other trims.

Edited by Edmo

1 hour ago, ACE said:

GM has the best v8 in a 1/2 ton by far so 

hell yeah the gultless 5.3 makes that 4cly look like a real beast almost like a non turbo ford v6 that dose not burn a qt every 1k mi .

4cyl 1/2  ton lmfao and the GM fag club has the audacity to say shit about a v6 turbo 

3 hours ago, snopro31 said:

My 5.0 without a pcv hose hooked up gets better towing mileage then my buds 2014 eco and he’s got a smaller trailer. 

my 5.0 gets about 7.9 towing at around 75to 80 

my fiat hemi is about the same 

if towing like a grandma so under 60 I can get like 13 with the fiat 

20 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

hell yeah the gultless 5.3 makes that 4cly look like a real beast almost like a non turbo ford v6 that dose not burn a qt every 1k mi .

4cyl 1/2  ton lmfao and the GM fag club has the audacity to say shit about a v6 turbo 

They also shit aboit aluminum and gm is going that way too :lol:  gm just following Ford but worse 

• Gold Member

Reason why Ecobooth use more fuel??????  

cause the make more powah then the v8’s from GM. Law of physics in a internal combustion engine using gasoline states the more powah you make and use the more gasoline you use

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Yet GM has the best V8 in a 1/2 ton by far 

16 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yet GM has the best V8 in a 1/2 ton by far 

and the only 4cly and by going to lots in October and looking at inventory there were 5 4bangers to every v8 in the 1/2 tons like I said GM knows it's target .

I will take a 5.0 or hemi tick over any modern Silverado

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

and the only 4cly and by going to lots in October and looking at inventory there were 5 4bangers to every v8 in the 1/2 tons like I said GM knows it's target .

I will take a 5.0 or hemi tick over any modern Silverado

Cool enjoy having a gutless turd 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I've owned several...true story. 

It’s almost disappointing they run so long. Just an eternity of suffering through anemic power and retarded transmission calibration :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
40 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s almost disappointing they run so long. Just an eternity of suffering through anemic power and retarded transmission calibration :lol:

Absolutely...the fucked up shift points might be worse than the power.

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

lol from a cheerleader of the only manufacture of a 4 hole 1/2 ton . cant make this shit up 

Yet the best v8 available in a 1/2 ton

but if you want a 5.0 I can see why you’re cross shopping a 4 cyl

59 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

How come gm guys are so sensitive about their offerings??

Cuz after 20-30 years of a great product they've made complete shit for the last 8. Now the Chinese electronics suck ass, the 5.3 is a fn valve train eating PoS, the tranny is co-engineered with Ford and takes 3x as long to performs as the ZF but if you want to spend 15k more than a Ram and get the 6.2 you might beat it by a truck length if the fn thing starts in the cold and doesnt fire lifters under the intake manifold. 

Loved my GM's for years but there's no way I'd pay way more for an inferior product. 

• Like 1