Check your account email address ×

Social Distancing in Lake Havasu AZ.

16 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Ya' know how most of you guys go ballistic over the SUPER BOWL??

Triple that, and that's how crazy I get over powerboats. True dat. 

I definitely miss my boat sold ita year ago as it was near some bigger repairs I didn't want to spend on.  

03286A39-5461-4DF1-935E-9EE97EEE684A.thumb.jpeg.4eea5e1c99a8b9a6268b9491a58d1a32.jpeg

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I definitely miss my boat sold ita year ago as it was near some bigger repairs I didn't want to spend on.  

03286A39-5461-4DF1-935E-9EE97EEE684A.thumb.jpeg.4eea5e1c99a8b9a6268b9491a58d1a32.jpeg

Nice looking boat! 

I owned my Rinker back in the mid-late 90's and I bought it used from the Regional Arctic Cat Sales Manager and the name on it was Wild Thing....Let's Do It...cheesy as fuck but it's bad luck to change a boat name so I left it. Maiden voyage and my wife and I are idling through the no wake zone on Lake Charlevoix and we're fairly close to shore and two teenage girls are sitting on their dock and they see the name and yell "hey wild thing let's do it!"...my wife was fucking mortified! :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Old school train of thought and does almost nothing.  Brake fluid in the lines stays pretty much static.  Diluting it with fresh fluid in the master is better than nothing but,  It’s the equivalent of taking off your oil filter, emptying it out and putting it back on with the same oil.  Bleeding and flushing is the only answer.  

If you are pushing the car all of the time yes.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I would thinks that’s better than nothing but I doubt there is little in the way of fluid circulation in a brake system. I mean the fluid that’s in the caliper and lines is likely to mostly remain there.

True,but the moisture is coming in at the master cylinder. You can also use a vacuum pump hooked up to the master cylinder to pull all of the air and moisture out. We do this on compressors that can hold hundreds of dollars worth of poe oil. You would need to barrow a micron gage and vacuum pump from a HVAC guy. Buy the adapter for your master cylinder. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

True,but the moisture is coming in at the master cylinder. You can also use a vacuum pump hooked up to the master cylinder to pull all of the air and moisture out. We do this on compressors that can hold hundreds of dollars worth of poe oil. You would need to barrow a micron gage and vacuum pump from a HVAC guy. Buy the adapter for your master cylinder. 

We use a pressure system for flushing. Quick and easy to tell when you have clean fresh brake fluid coming out. Brannick is the brand name..Easy to do by yourself too

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

We use a pressure system for flushing. Quick and easy to tell when you have clean fresh brake fluid coming out. Brannick is the brand name..Easy to do by yourself too

I always wondered how those worked, including the hand pump models? Changing/bleeding my fluid is something I haven't done since I built my Monte Carlo but have thought about it for my everyday vehicles, including my sons.

Any info out there, because brake fluid is hygroscopic, how much moisture is absorbed over a period of time or how much is absorbed during a fluid change? I know I was always told to be somewhat forward/fast doing a flush/add and not to be lollygagging because of that fact but I have always wondered just how fast one should be while doing one? 

19 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

A little video of Magoo running from town down to the south end of the lake. Dave said this video was taken the first week he had the boat on the lake. His maiden voyage. 

That's insane. But it seems pretty stupid to be passing those pontoons from behind at 100+ mph when they're so close. With the chop on the water it didn't look like good conditions for visibility. I bet they shit their pants when he passed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Yeah Kev, I hear ya'. REPAIRS are crazy expensive these days. 

Maybe you'll pick up somethin' new for this summer????    :bc:

19 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I have always had boats . but about 5 yrs back I was just sick of them .sold the big boat and have not missed 1 thing about it . I think if I would have just paid some one to do all the maint and buffing and winterizing and shrink wrapping and all the other bull shit for 30some yrs I could have still lightly enjoyed driving drunk fucks around the lake all day on my dime for a few more yrs 

We do a week long trip every year up around the Cape and Islands. Bring another couple with us. I pulled up to the pump to top off. My buddy says "I'll get this". I told him not to worry about it it. He runs up to the office and grabs the bill. He about shit when he saw $920 in diesel. Now we split it and dock fees. Still a good deal for a week on the water.

• Like 2