Check your account email address ×

Get ready

15 hours ago, Anler said:

We have been talking about that lately. I deal with alot of cash so I pay with cash alot. And some of the stuff I get for change is just gross. I have been using my debit card lately. 

I always have cash just because, but I use my CC for 2% cash back, and I use the Costco CC for gas because that's 4% cash back, I love CC's for the cashback!!

That ain't workin' that's the way you do it Money for nothin' and your chicks for free :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, spin_dry said:

In this society there’s simple no good reason to pay with cash unless it’s an illegal activity. 

When I sell a toy or whatever on Craiglist, you bring cash.

• Like 1

Just now, smokin george said:

We use our Costco Mastercard for almost everything and get a nice amount back every year. For small daily purchases it's debit or cash. 

Yep.

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I always have cash just because, but I use my CC for 2% cash back, and I use the Costco CC for gas because that's 4% cash back, I love CC's for the cashback!!

That ain't workin' that's the way you do it Money for nothin' and your chicks for free :thumbsup:

At our last BOD meeting one of the guys told me he pays all of his vendors with the credit card for the miles. Him and the wife travel for free. I was like wuh. :lol: 

Edited by Anler

6 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

4 times a year for sales taxes, and yes on State & Fed.

As long as that is tight you are fine. Sounds like you are doing good. :bc: 

3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We use our Costco Mastercard for almost everything and get a nice amount back every year. For small daily purchases it's debit or cash. 

We don't have a Cosco anywhere near us and the nearest Sam's club is 110 miles away. :ashamed:

Edited by XCR1250

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

yep he never gets paid cash . whole diff perspective when some homeowner hands you like 11k in cash for a job . then a few weeks later some one hands you 5k . 

always the blue-collar people who go out of there way to get you green payments and almost begging to pay you . the fucking lawyers and bankers want to wait around for weeks then transfer some here and a bit more after a few more calls . then want to charge the rest on a card WTF .

I can't think of a time i don't have at least 15k cash and some small gold and silver accessible in just a few min . I think it is crazy not to . your bank can close any day he'll could be this yr 

about the only time i pay cash is with a contractor.  I know the deal and will take advantage.  I also buy and sell cars, sleds, bikes in cash.  Cash has it's place,  everyday spending is not the place for it.  I've had the same 3-400 in my pocket since I sold some sled stuff back in December.  Finally had to break a hundy a few weeks back for a $3 purchase when the app wouldn't open at Dunks in the drive through

I've got a couple contractors coming over this week to bid on a waterline replacement so I'll need to get some cash from the bank soon.  Figure the gypsy guy will give me 15% to pay him day of job just like my pavers.  

3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

We don't have a Cosco anywhere near us and the nearest Sam's club is 110 miles away. :ashamed:

The cards work anywhere on anything you buy regardless the vendor.

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

At our last BOD meeting one of the guys told me he pays all of his vendors with the credit card for the miles. Him and the wife travel for free. I was like wuh. :lol: 

We use a CC for as much as possible, another good card is the GM card :bc:

6 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Yup,  I probably had 30k last year change hands between car, sled and motorcycle deals.  You can tell cash is less common these days though as I have to call ahead if i need more than 5k in hundreds because they don't keep all that much on hand in the smaller branches.  

5 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I use debit for nothing.  Sure end of the day I will be protected but if someone fucks my account with a CC it's 1 call,  it's far more effort with debit and other items may not clear in the meantime.    

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

When I was working I'd stop on the way home and pick up whatever we needed. Closest one is about an hour away, nice drive in the country and now it's every 2-3 weeks and we make stops at 3-4 different stores there

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

The wife does too but I'm talking about on another level. I hadn't thought about it before this guy told me. 

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Ive had the gm card for over 20 years. It's worked out pretty good. 

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

Many cards actually extend the warrantee on items. Worth looking into it if you buy a TV or whatnot....

Do they cover sinking a drone?   :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Ive had the gm card for over 20 years. It's worked out pretty good. 

Dad used "GM Points" on his last GM purchase.

It was a Buick Riviera. :lol:

buick-riviera-black-720x720.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Jet Blue card for the win. Free flights