Check your account email address ×

Now we’re bailing out other central banks

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That might mean that the US can’t print money at will. Well it can, but of course it’ll face the same consequence as say a certain South American country.  

No.

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

the only reason the US has had the luxury to print money at will is because of it's global standing as the benchmark. If other central banks are flooding the global market with American dollars, not so much. 

Spinner doesn’t understand what the big “who-ha” is all about when China manipulates their currency.

Just now, frenchy said:

I don't think it's intentional at all. It's simply an indication and evidence of how fragile the global economy really is. 

Not to sound completely Moto but it’s inherent design was never strong. Allowing private centralized banking in the first place and then leaving gold backed currency for fiat is all you need to know, history has proven this as fact over and over. To make this system work it needs manipulated resets. Since war doesn’t sell anymore maybe that’s what this pandemic is, who knows. Regardless it’s my opinion it’s too late, this system is over. 

Just now, bussman said:

Not to sound completely Moto but it’s inherent design was never strong. Allowing private centralized banking in the first place and then leaving gold backed currency for fiat is all you need to know, history has proven this as fact over and over. To make this system work it needs manipulated resets. Since war doesn’t sell anymore maybe that’s what this pandemic is, who knows. Regardless it’s my opinion it’s too late, this system is over. 

Yup. We are officially entering the post capitalist era 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

This could be a very good thing for humanity. 

Or it could devolve into an industrial fascist dystopia.

I'd say we're about 50/50 right now.

I’m in full agreement with you on that. At a very possible huge crossroad right now. 

44 minutes ago, f7ben said:

She’s the fucking chair of the most powerful committee in Washington directly tasked with overseeing the Fed

Quit making excuses for her you fucking mindless stump....it’s pathetic 

Do a little research before you spew bullshit. Now go hang yourself with your dick in your hand.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bussman said:

I’m in full agreement with you on that. At a very possible huge crossroad right now. 

I don’t disagree.  Millions will have to die first though.  Tens of millions.

22 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Do a little research before you spew bullshit. Now go hang yourself with your dick in your hand.

Holy shit.

15 minutes ago, Anler said:

Imagine if there was a de-centralized currency that wasnt controlled by a bank, in fact you dont even need a bank to have it and keep it.  :news:

What do you have in mind?

41 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t disagree.  Millions will have to die first though.  Tens of millions.

Holy shit.

What do you have in mind?

Oh I dont know... 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Not saying we aren't at a precarious point economically but 70-80% of our economy is pretty much operating as normal.  

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I wouldn't exactly call it normal lol

True but 70-80% of the people are still working.   Some industries are up while some are down or almost completely shut off.  

Vast majority in here are still working.   I don't know of one business owner in here that is shut down. 

Of my 3 major customers the largest is saying they aren't selling anything but they are expecting a quick recovery so they will just increase inventory.   They haven't cancelled or moved back anything.   Another customer is selling pretty good and we can't get them product fast enough.   The 3rd of the big three we filled a significant part of their orders before this hit.

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not saying we aren't at a precarious point economically but 70-80% of our economy is pretty much operating as normal.  

You think that high?  I’d say 60 tops.  We haven’t yet seen the fallout of all the disposable income spenders not making income.  That $1200 is going to do very little by the time it hits hands unless we are back in operation as a country.

We’re walking a real fine line right now.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You think that high?  I’d say 60 tops.  We haven’t yet seen the fallout of all the disposable income spenders not making income.  That $1200 is going to do very little by the time it hits hands unless we are back in operation as a country.

We’re walking a real fine line right now.

I do.   While the last jobless claim numbers was a big increase at 3.2 million around 157 million American's were working going into it.   Its going to get much, much worse but lots of industries are still working.    Some of the money spending has shifted.   For example bars/restaurants have lost business but people are buying more food and drinks at their local grocery store.

Edited by Highmark

25 minutes ago, Highmark said:

True but 70-80% of the people are still working.   Some industries are up while some are down or almost completely shut off.  

Vast majority in here are still working.   I don't know of one business owner in here that is shut down. 

Of my 3 major customers the largest is saying they aren't selling anything but they are expecting a quick recovery so they will just increase inventory.   They haven't cancelled or moved back anything.   Another customer is selling pretty good and we can't get them product fast enough.   The 3rd of the big three we filled a significant part of their orders before this hit.

Just because you're working doesn't mean everyone is tho. Lol

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Just because you're working doesn't mean everyone is tho. Lol

The shutdowns have been pretty specific to some segments of the economy.   Sorry you can't see that.   

Nobody is claiming this isn't painful or going to get more painful.   I'm just not one to subscribe to the idea that we are on the brink of a worldwide economic collapse.  

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The shutdowns have been pretty specific to some segments of the economy.   Sorry you can't see that.   

Nobody is claiming this isn't painful or going to get more painful.   I'm just not one to subscribe to the idea that we are on the brink of a worldwide economic collapse.  

the ripple effect is going to be huge, and has barely even begun. 

• Like 1