Check your account email address ×

Now we’re bailing out other central banks

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

the ripple effect is going to be huge, and has barely even begun. 

yep, once the real numbers come in later this year we will see new lows. And thats not me saying that, that is all they talk about on CNBC. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, frenchy said:

the ripple effect is going to be huge, and has barely even begun. 

Really depends on how long this lasts.   If we can get back to some normalization in early May we might be ok.   Much longer than that.....look out. 

Is Canada doing anything like the US with the checks to people?

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The shutdowns have been pretty specific to some segments of the economy.   Sorry you can't see that.   

Nobody is claiming this isn't painful or going to get more painful.   I'm just not one to subscribe that we are on the brink of a worldwide economic collapse.  

Well you'll change your mind about that soon I'm sure. 

How can you deny that a severe economic consequence is coming given the irrational reactions of the stock market and all the action the federal reserve has taken recently?

Just now, motonoggin said:

How can you deny that a severe economic consequence is coming given the irrational reactions of the stock market and all the action the federal reserve has taken recently?

Just what exactly do you think is going to occur?

Just now, Highmark said:

Really depends on how long this lasts.   If we can get back to some normalization in early May we might be ok.   Much longer than that.....look out. 

We are never going back to the old normal. That's just not possible. 

Why?   Cause the govt is going to spend (make up) $2-$6 trillion it doesn't have?   

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

not direct payments but subsidies/top-ups for people who are operating on reduced schedules, enhanced UI benefits, subsidies for businesses effected, tax deferrals, etc. 

No one can predict what it'll look like, but it will for sure be a lot different than the way it was. 

How?   You seem to have the crystal ball.  Give us some things you think will happen and how everything will be so different.  

That's not the primary reason, but that's a good start. 

Japan has been operating at 2.5x's our debt/gdp levels for a long time and they haven't failed yet.  

Edited by Highmark

Not now it isnt. We are fixing a bubble with a bigger bubble. 

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Or take a good look at the ones with the most power and work your way down 

Start at the pathetic orange piece of filth and go from there

LOL, Look at the ones who have been in DC since the 80's.  The ones that have been pushing every bailout.  That's where you start.

Damn the economic doom and gloomers have replaced the virus doom and gloomers....oh wait....they are exactly the same people.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Damn the economic doom and gloomers have replaced the virus doom and gloomers....oh wait....they are exactly the same people.  

Where is the good news then? 

Just now, Anler said:

Where is the good news then? 

Didn't say there is great news but I'm not buying 200,000-500,000 people in the US dying nor am I buying a world economic collapse.   

17 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

16 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

14 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

No one can predict what it'll look like, but it will for sure be a lot different than the way it was. 

Eeyore GIFs | Tenor

Just now, Highmark said:

Didn't say there is great news but I'm not buying 200,000-500,000 people in the US dying nor am I buying a world economic collapse.   

I never thought the death aspect was our greatest threat from this and I agree, there wont be that many deaths. Our death will be financial

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I never thought the death aspect was our greatest threat from this and I agree, there wont be that many deaths. Our death will be financial

So what do you expect to happen as the outcome of all this?  

This time of year its not at all unusual for the US to have 10,000 or more people die a month from seasonal influenza.   We just went by 3000 today in 1 month.   And we vaccinate a majority of the country for the flu. 

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

This time of year its not at all unusual for the US to have 10,000 or more people die a month from seasonal influenza.   We just went by 3000 today in 2 months.

This thing is just getting ramped up...fingers crossed here but I wouldn’t count any chickens just yet.

Just now, Highmark said:

In 2008 the market dropped 56% in 517 days. In 2020 the market has dropped 20% in 21 days. That sharp of a drop should tell you that things arent just going to "snap back" . There are lots of concerns but if folks start defaulting on their mortgages and auto loans things will go to hell rather quickly. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

In 2008 the market dropped 56% in 517 days. In 2020 the market has dropped 20% in 21 days. That sharp of a drop should tell you that things arent just going to "snap back" . There are lots of concerns but if folks start defaulting on their mortgages and auto loans things will go to hell rather quickly. 

If idiots like that start defaulting that soon, they're living way beyond their means. Anybody with a half a brain should have an emergency fund established for times like these.

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

it's not just people. Many sectors at risk primarily commercial RE and the energy sector