Check your account email address ×

Correcting lies of the two digit IQ idiots here

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There’s no 100% way to prevent that. There’s a lot one can do to prevent that. Backgrounds checks can help, but I find word of mouth to be more effective. I’ve only had one problem renter. He’s not malicious, but thinks he can fix stuff when he can’t. 

You could always sniff out the deadbeats, those who show up with cash in hand but refuse to fill out rental application.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 8:03 AM, f7ben said:

All fine advice....but it’s not gonna make me rich 

Heres one to make your head explode :lol: 

Bought 40k of TVIX at 365 Thursday 

Hows that TVIX doing for ya?  At what point do you throw in the towel and cut your losses?  

Ugh, I should really talk to someone. I have been paying into an RRSP at work. They kind of lied to me about it or withheld information about how it worked so I would sign up but they also match to a certain dollar per hour. I have been paying into it for over 3 years now and only have (I think) $15,000.

My employer had a company come in to talk to the employee's about a new tsfa option in the middle of last year. I liked the idea but don't know enough about it and I don't trust my company at all so I didn't act on it in fear of being baited into a trap lol. I asked the guy who gave the presentation how much he charged and he said nothing. That set red flags off in my head as nobody works for free. I know they get paid by a % of the money they make an individual but I don't understand how they can talk to someone for an undetermined amount of time and not charge a cent. Seemed fishy to me.

I read what you guys are up or down on any given day it makes my head spin lmao. 

Edited by Tomas.

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hows that TVIX doing for ya?  At what point do you throw in the towel and cut your losses?  

Made a nice little pop on some PII today.  I don't think I held it more than 2 weeks.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:43 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

You could always sniff out the deadbeats, those who show up with cash in hand but refuse to fill out rental application.:lol:

The problem is the sheer number of deadbeats.  :lol:  We have a realtor doing all the showings now, pre screens and such.  He charges half first months rent, sends me copies of their credit and any civil/criminal issues.  Worth every penny.  I've given up trying to do it on the side.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Thats Polaris Industries right?  I should probably look it up. Hahaha

Yup.  It went in the toilet a couple weeks ago, and has had a couple wild swings since.  I bought it for around 40 bucks or so a week ago, got out around 48.  Works for me.  I'd hold it longer, but am expecting some more volatility in the coming weeks and months, so take the little scores when I can.  :bc: 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yup.  It went in the toilet a couple weeks ago, and has had a couple wild swings since.  I bought it for around 40 bucks or so a week ago, got out around 48.  Works for me.  I'd hold it longer, but am expecting some more volatility in the coming weeks and months, so take the little scores when I can.  :bc: 

Yea. Nice score for sure. :bc: 

5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

I sold that trade at 323 for a loss and bought back in today at 245. The only trade I made in between these two was Spxu for a small 2% gain.

This bullshit market is headed down the shitter and anyone who bought stocks at any level above 2300 is a fucking moron