Check your account email address ×

WTF is up with Gov Cuomo?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Listen to parts of a press conference yesterday and you swear the guy was coming unglued.   Very impassioned plea for more ventilators.  

Today he says they have a reserve of 14,000 ventilators of their own they haven't even tapped into yet!   

Sounds to me he's being dishonest in order to make sure his state is at the front of the line.

From two different days.

Today.

Only 3% of infections, fewer than 900, have required intensive care hospitalization with ventilator support, below the state’s current capacity of 3,000 beds -- with the ability to quickly add as many as 14,000 ventilators from a stockpile.

Yesterday.

"We have been working around the clock, scouring the globe, we've procured about 7,000 ventilators. We need at a minimum an additional 30,000 ventilators. You cannot buy them, you cannot find them. Every state is trying to get them," Cuomo said.

Cuomo is a lying POS that is going to use this pandemic to the best of his abilities to get what he wants and fuck anybody else, only part of the state he is worried about is down state, didn't think we would have a gov worse than his dad but I guess I was wrong

I find these retards in their little “sanctuaries” hilarious.

Fuck them.  Let them figure it out on their own.  They used to know what was best for their idiot constituents not long ago and it wasn’t anything DC or the constitution demanded.  Blockade the exits.....and cut off supply.  Let the virus run it’s course.

• Gold Member
44 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Listen to parts of a press conference yesterday and you swear the guy was coming unglued.   Very impassioned plea for more ventilators.  

Today he says they have a reserve of 14,000 ventilators of their own they haven't even tapped into yet!   

Sounds to me he's being dishonest in order to make sure his state is at the front of the line.

From two different days.

Today.

Only 3% of infections, fewer than 900, have required intensive care hospitalization with ventilator support, below the state’s current capacity of 3,000 beds -- with the ability to quickly add as many as 14,000 ventilators from a stockpile.

Yesterday.

"We have been working around the clock, scouring the globe, we've procured about 7,000 ventilators. We need at a minimum an additional 30,000 ventilators. You cannot buy them, you cannot find them. Every state is trying to get them," Cuomo said.

His numbers he shared today says he has 15,000 ventilators in his state as of today....  many given to him by Trump.  He will need a total of 30,000....

Said he could split/share the ventilators between 2000 patients like Italy is doing.  So he has enough ventilators to serve 30,000 patients like he said he would ultimately need.

TP hoarders are bad enough but NY try to hoard ventilator equals the scum of the earth.

38 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

His numbers he shared today says he has 15,000 ventilators in his state as of today....  many given to him by Trump.  He will need a total of 30,000....

Said he could split/share the ventilators between 2000 patients like Italy is doing.  So he has enough ventilators to serve 30,000 patients like he said he would ultimately need.

TP hoarders are bad enough but NY try to hoard ventilator equals the scum of the earth.

I'm telling you he said they haven't touched the 14,000 and those were the State of NY reserves they had before this.   The differnce in claims from yesterday to today floored me. 

Hopefully someone in the media caught this like I did.   If he was just misspoken fine but it sounded really fucking shady.   

Far be it NY'ers feeling they should be at the front of the line.    They are asking the entire country to give up their resources to them and they would give it back.   Well what happens if you can't give it up.   It was laughable.   

Edited by Highmark

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm telling you he said they haven't touched the 14,000 and those were the State of NY reserves they had before this.   The differnce in claims from yesterday to today floored me. 

Hopefully someone in the media caught this like I did.   If he was just misspoken fine but it sounded really fucking shady.   

Far be it NY'ers feeling they should be at the front of the line.    They are asking the entire country to give up their resources to them and they would give it back.   Well what happens if you can't give it up.   It was laughable.   

New York has half of the total number of virus victims.  They deserve at least half of the resources the US has so they can beat this down and get it behind us. Half of the corona virus cases are in New York. 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

New York has half of the total number of virus victims.  They deserve at least half of the resources the US has so they can beat this down and get it behind us. Half of the corona virus cases are in New York. 

Not sure I completely agree with that assessment.   What happens when other massive spikes occur and they have all the resources?   I get what you are saying but its not that simple.   Say that to someone's family in Alaska who dies because their hospital gave up some of their ventilators.   No easy solution.   

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, Highmark said:

His idea is different areas ha e different time lines for the peak. NY is first and if we get the resources now we can send them to the next area because, in theory, we'd have it under control. Key words are "in theory".

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

His idea is different areas ha e different time lines for the peak. NY is first and if we get the resources now we can send them to the next area because, in theory, we'd have it under control. Key words are "in theory".

Agreed and he's gonna do best for his state.   My point that theory is very risky for other places.    

This scenario could occur inside states even cities.

Hospital A to Hospital B.   Send me over every ventilator you can spare.

Hospital B to A Ok but when we need them back you have to give them up.

Hospital A.   Ok.

Two Weeks Later

Hospital B to A.   We've got a massive spike we need our ventilators back.

Hospital A.   Sorry its being used on a patient.  

Edited by Highmark

37 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Agreed and he's gonna do best for his state.   My point that theory is very risky for other places.    

This scenario could occur inside states even cities.

Hospital A to Hospital B.   Send me over every ventilator you can spare.

Hospital B to A Ok but when we need them back you have to give them up.

Hospital A.   Ok.

Two Weeks Later

Hospital B to A.   We've got a massive spike we need our ventilators back.

Hospital A.   Sorry its being used on a patient.  

This is a perfect example of why we need death panels set up to help make the best decisions for whats best for the country as a whole. 

• Sad 1

Could Cuomo be looking at getting drafted by the dems for Pres??????

Biden is deteriorating daily. Maybe the dems see this and want to change horses mid-stream. 

This country is such a clusterfuck. 

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Could Cuomo be looking at getting drafted by the dems for Pres??????

Biden is deteriorating daily. Maybe the dems see this and want to change horses mid-stream. 

This country is such a clusterfuck. 

How you hanging in there old man? Things ok?

54 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

This is a perfect example of why we need death panels set up to help make the best decisions for whats best for the country as a whole. 

I hope that was written sarcastically.   And who decides that....by population.   Half the states would leave the union and a perfect example as to why I would never support uhc.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I hope that was written sarcastically.   And who decides that....by population.   Half the states would leave the union and a perfect example as to why I would never support uhc.  

its an easy decision-   every life has a value,  it's less and less the older you get.  investing huge money in old people just to keep them alive makes no financial sense

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

its an easy decision-   every life has a value,  it's less and less the older you get.  investing huge money in old people just to keep them alive makes no financial sense

And you will see every old person with money leave the country.   Its not as simple as "you're old which means your life has less value."

How old are you?

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You can bet they have a protocol in place at the hospitals in the event they have to choose who to treat.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

You can bet they have a protocol in place at the hospitals in the event they have to choose who to treat.

I get that for something like this I'm talking normal times. 

Work your ass off all your life and can afford your hc and many others....sorry we're not treating you.    People would leave bigtime.

Just now, Edmo said:

I hope they do. They will be facing these decisions soon. They will be out of vents in a couple of weeks.  They will begin sharing vents then when that isnt enough they will begin denying vents to the old and sick. 

This is already happening in some states. 

33 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

How you hanging in there old man? Things ok?

Yeah, we're gonna try food delivery. Some of my friends are just shopping like regular. 

Me personally, I'm scared of this thing. 

Just read an article about a hospital in NY. People are dying in the hallways waiting to be treated!!!

12 people DEAD in one day in that hospital. 

I don't go ANYWHERE. Just putter around the farm for an hour or two every day, and that's it. 

How about yourself?? 

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yeah, we're gonna try food delivery. Some of my friends are just shopping like regular. 

Me personally, I'm scared of this thing. 

Just read an article about a hospital in NY. People are dying in the hallways waiting to be treated!!!

12 people DEAD in one day in that hospital. 

I don't go ANYWHERE. Just putter around the farm for an hour or two every day, and that's it. 

How about yourself?? 

Doing good here. Just getting set up to work. Most of what we do we can do without seeing people. I actually like it better that way. This yr they will stay inside. Or just leave basement open.

I'm at the point where I don't give a rat's ass about any politician, or my stinking stock account. 

All I care is that my family is unscathed by this fukkin demonic germ warfare.