Check your account email address ×

China 'ratcheting up threats' to cut off U.S. drug supply amid COVID-19 pandemic: Report

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

So perfect

Ahhh...so you don’t find it troubling that we are so dependent on China for life saving medicines? 
BTW I find it amusing how you latch onto people like Zozo and Redheaded Wee Man when they take shots at me ya’ old cunt. :lmao:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Zambroski said:

Wouldn't it be neat if we all learned something from this fucking mess.

Nawwwww......we're good!

Exactly...like fuck China and get back to being self sufficent. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Why we buy  pharmaceutical products  from  people  who  don't  really  like  us  amazes  me. Not exactly  like  the  profit  isn't there  to make  them  here 

No surprise.   We buy oil and sell arms to people that hate us too.   I'm all for using up their oil.   Its the arms I have an issue with. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I just got done talking to a bud for a good bit and we went way down the rabbit hole on some theories about how this all came about and if it was intentioned.  This is a time for us all to do some real self reflection as a nation as to what we want our futures to be...and who we want in charge of it.  It'd be nice if we could get passed DC's purposeful partisanship divide and demand some serious answers as to how this happened and what will be done to prevent it in the future.

But.....nahhhhh.....(stealing your line here):

Image result for fuck all that gif

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Bernie's been pretty anti-China trade wise from the get go.   Old Joe's and fam got DEEP connections in China.   

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

I just got done talking to a bud for a good bit and we went way down the rabbit hole on some theories about how this all came about and if it was intentioned.  This is a time for us all to do some real self reflection as a nation as to what we want our futures to be...and who we want in charge of it.  It'd be nice if we could get passed DC's purposeful partisanship divide and demand some serious answers as to how this happened and what will be done to prevent it in the future.

But.....nahhhhh.....(stealing your line here):

Image result for fuck all that gif

Not that hard to figure out. People demand cheap shit. Companies start making shit over there. People reward companies for doing so. Companies who build here see sales decline. They move their shit over there. If the American consumer refused to buy Chinese made shit. No one would import it.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Bernie's been pretty anti-China from the get go.   Old Joe's and fam got DEEP connections in China.   

Good for Bernie. I don't have a problem paying $1 more for a chicken that was proseessed here instead of Chinkville.

• Thanks 1

Reality is this.   We can't bring back everything.   The focus should be on necessities like meds and med ingredients as fast as we can.   Beyond that we need to work with Canada and Mexico to ramp up on other products that we can't make and rid ourselves of China once and for all.   I see a huge positive in putting some stuff in Mexico and Canada over China.  

I can tell you this would be meet with great hesitation from corp America.   Not just from a cheap mfg source but the worlds larges potential market.   It would have other financial impacts. 

In my own personal experience my company and one of my customers jump thru all kinds of hoops to sell there and historically it has not paid off one fucking bit.     

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Good for Bernie. I don't have a problem paying $1 more for a chicken that was proseessed here instead of Chinkville.

I don't think we get much food from them besides fish.

We need to stop allowing them to buy our companies.   They do own some food producers here. 

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

:pc: Bernie wants a chance to win he needs to call out Joe on this right now. 

Last week, Biden raised eyebrows when he shrugged off concerns over the China threat. “Come on, man,” Biden said. “I mean, you know, they’re not bad folks, folks. But guess what, they’re not competition for us.”

In 2013, then-Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden flew aboard Air Force Two to China. Less than two weeks later, Hunter Biden’s firm inked a $1 billion private equity deal with a subsidiary of the Chinese government’s Bank of China. The deal was later expanded to $1.5 billion. In short, the Chinese government funded a business that it co-owned along with the son of a sitting vice president.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/11/the-troubling-reason-why-biden-is-so-soft-on-china/

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

:pc:

Last week, Biden raised eyebrows when he shrugged off concerns over the China threat. “Come on, man,” Biden said. “I mean, you know, they’re not bad folks, folks. But guess what, they’re not competition for us.”

You don't need to me to tell you Biden is right off his fucking rocker.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

You don't need to me to tell you Biden is right off his fucking rocker.

China doesn't want to destroy us yet....they still need us.   10-20 years from now might be a different story. 

Not saying they wouldn't like to see us knocked down a few levels. 

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

China doesn't want to destroy us yet....they still need us.   10-20 years from now might be a different story. 

Not saying they wouldn't like to see us knocked down a few levels. 

You can bet your ass they are laughing at us right now.

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:pc: Bernie wants a chance to win he needs to call out Joe on this right now. 

In 2013, then-Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden flew aboard Air Force Two to China. Less than two weeks later, Hunter Biden’s firm inked a $1 billion private equity deal with a subsidiary of the Chinese government’s Bank of China. The deal was later expanded to $1.5 billion. In short, the Chinese government funded a business that it co-owned along with the son of a sitting vice president.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/11/the-troubling-reason-why-biden-is-so-soft-on-china/

What an out of touch dumbfuck Biden is....WTF.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

You can bet your ass they are laughing at us right now.

There are ways China could be made to pay if Trump went after them for the cost of the virus.

Their lies and shutting out the WHO cost the world 2 months of preparation. Definition of negligence.

Just now, Snake said:

There are ways China could be made to pay if Trump went after them for the cost of the virus.

Their lies and shutting out the WHO cost the world 2 months of preparation. Definition of negligence.

I really hope when this settles down a bit he hammers those cocksuckers. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

What an out of touch dumbfuck Biden is....WTF.

Joe will do ANYTHING to protect Hunter.   ANYTHING.....including siding with the Chinese to make Hunter's deal seem harmless.