Check your account email address ×

Futures hit limit up

I hope this holds up. We need some calm now and a few Green days strung together

Let the volatility calm down and things stabilize.

Lets all hope for some good news

• Like 3

Just now, ManOnManOral said:

When your emotional state is dictated by the stock market you are doing it wrong.

There is a lot of panic in people’s faces when financial instruments disintegrate in front of them. Many people at work have lost 100s of thousands in company stock in the last 2 years. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

There is a lot of panic in people’s faces when financial instruments disintegrate in front of them. Many people at work have lost 100s of thousands in company stock in the last 2 years. 

Did they buy the stock or was it paid out as a dps plan. Was it fully vested upon receipt or has to be held. 

3 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Did they buy the stock or was it paid out as a dps plan. Was it fully vested upon receipt or has to be held. 

They bought it through the company 401k and with private funds. No company contribution.

Much of the decline is due to the company being poorly run and the steel market being soft but it still doesn’t help the situation. 

Just now, f7ben said:

They bought it through the company 401k and with private funds. No company contribution.

Much of the decline is due to the company being poorly run and the steel market being soft but it still doesn’t help the situation. 

Then they are morons. You did say 100,s of thousands did you not. One stock in mining....ya, morons. Tell me they at least got a 10% discount.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Never put all your eggs in one basket. Rule number 1 for investing. That’s what you’re doing when you buy into the company you work for. 

2 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Then they are morons. You did say 100,s of thousands did you not. One stock in mining....ya, morons. Tell me they at least got a 10% discount.

No discount. I have 100% of my current contribution going to it as well but only because it’s at an all time low and I believe it will rebound.

For the guys where I work their pension is their main retirement and they have been buying company stock their whole working careers

Just now, Edmo said:

Never put all your eggs in one basket. Rule number 1 for investing. That’s what you’re doing when you buy into the company you work for. 

Absolutely

I work for a company that has a long track record of returns and I hold very little company stock.  It is just too risky to have over 10% of your investments in one company, especially the one you work for.  Lose your job and retirement all at once like the Enron employees did.

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

I work for a company that has a long track record of returns and I hold very little company stock.  It is just too risky to have over 10% of your investments in one company, especially the one you work for.  Lose your job and retirement all at once like the Enron employees did.

When my big shot aunt went to work for sears corporate they required that you rollover prior retirement accounts to company stock

she lost damn near everything

Just now, f7ben said:

When my big shot aunt went to work for sears corporate they required that you rollover prior retirement accounts to company stock

she lost damn near everything

That should be criminal.  I get half the match in company stock that I can turnaround and exchange out.

Right now I have $1300 in company stock in my 401k.

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

That should be criminal.  I get half the match in company stock that I can turnaround and exchange out.

Right now I have $1300 in company stock in my 401k.

I hope X stays this low for a few years....I’ll pump 19500 a year into it at these prices lol. Of course I probably will be laid off in the coming weeks if shit keeps shutting down :lol:

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I hope X stays this low for a few years....I’ll pump 19500 a year into it at these prices lol. Of course I probably will be laid off in the coming weeks if shit keeps shutting down :lol:

That could make you very wealthy, or broke.  About equal chances of either happening.

6 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Lets just hope a few weeks of social distancing slows down the hysteria. It will hurt all forms of entertainment but the average family will save some money from staying closer to home. 

I think (Hope) this silliness will subside when it’s proven the death rate is itty bitty in countries with adequate healthcare.  I also think we should be in for a good uptick bounce when that happens.  It’s a good time to buy onto the market. Probably the best we’ll ever see again.

However, based on this idiocy we’ve recently witnessed, there is a chance we are gonna go long on this and fill our own “end of the world” prophecy.  If that happens....well, all bets are off and it’s every man for himself.

I still have a hard time believing something so incredibly idiotic can bring us to the very breaking point. We are all dumb, panicky animals.  The aliens that farmed us should harvest us now.  I bet they aren’t vegetarians.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think (Hope) this silliness will subside when it’s proven the death rate is itty bitty in countries with adequate healthcare.  I also think we should be in for a good uptick bounce when that happens.  It’s a good time to buy onto the market. Probably the best we’ll ever see again.

However, based on this idiocy we’ve recently witnessed, there is a chance we are gonna go long on this and fill our own “end of the world” prophecy.  If that happens....well, all bets are off and it’s every man for himself.

I still have a hard time believing something so incredibly idiotic can bring us to the very breaking point. We are all dumb, panicky animals.  The aliens that farmed us should harvest us now.  I bet they aren’t vegetarians.

We need to stay at home so the hospitals dont get overloaded. Its obvious this virus spreads quickly. Staying the hell away from big groups can only help. Its not like its going to be this way forever.

Edited by Redheaded Stepchild

1 minute ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

We need to stay at home so the hospitals dont get overloaded. Its obvious this virus spreads quickly. Staying the hell away from big groups can only help. Its not like its going to be this way forever.

I agree and disagree.  Yes, I think staying confined for a while will stop the spread.  No, staying confined, not working, not getting paid, not spending money and patronizing the local eateries and bars and not pumping money I to the economy will start to exacerbate the situation quickly.  Two weeks.  That’s plenty.

Any more and I’m afraid we’ll be entering into a death spiral that’s hard to pull out of.  Luckily (and I’ll catch some heat for this) the kids are ignoring it all and are out there keeping establishments afloat while going broke doing so.  If state local retards don’t make shut downs mandatory, these dumb kids may be our only hope to skim our economy through this.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Lets just hope a few weeks of social distancing slows down the hysteria. It will hurt all forms of entertainment but the average family will save some money from staying closer to home. 

I havnt looked at Amazon stock. but I believe a lot of people will be sitting home bored, and shop.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I havnt looked at Amazon stock. but I believe a lot of people will be sitting home bored, and shop.

Not if they aren’t getting paid but, I hope you are correct.  I should have sold my AMZN stock twice when up over $2k....and failed both times.  I’m a retard.