Check your account email address ×

Michigan Tech Closing For A Month

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

This will continue to get worse before it gets better. 

A place where I used to work houses a nursing home as well as behavioral health. They cut all services for next week to protect the nursing home residents. 

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’m waiting to find out if UW Madison is canceling a two day conference I was registered to attend this coming Monday and Tuesday. 

Everyone I talk to says the same thing. All non critical travel, meetings, events are being cancelled. Looks like most universities are extending spring break also. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

A place where I used to work houses a nursing home as well as behavioral health. They cut all services for next week to protect the nursing home residents. 

This I get.   Individuals and groups of the more vulnerable like nursing homes need to be protected.   

• Thanks 1

U of  Wisconsin in Madison is going online classes only after the spring break starts of Friday. They’re saying until April 10th for now. 
I’m planning a grad party for my daughter and wondering if I should just bail on it. Give her the cash instead. Got people coming from all over the country.

10 minutes ago, Edmo said:

U of  Wisconsin in Madison is going online classes only after the spring break starts of Friday. They’re saying until April 10th for now. 
I’m planning a grad party for my daughter and wondering if I should just bail on it. Give her the cash instead. Got people coming from all over the country.

Give her some, and take the rest and put it towards that '21 MXZ XRS 850 :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Canceling classes and sending kids home isn't going to do anything unless they have ZERO contact with anyone before they come back to school.  

agreed I am a bit pissed.  They have the kids all scared about it too which is silly.  they are the least likely to have any bad effects from it.  

38 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

agreed I am a bit pissed.  They have the kids all scared about it too which is silly.  they are the least likely to have any bad effects from it.  

Just look at the idiot posting all the other CV19 threads.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

But will all spread out to different states. Maybe even go visit grandma when they are home.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Anler said:

Not the only one. Ive been hearing this alot lately. Even having people who can to work from home. 

I talked to my estimating and PM staff today, if you even have a sniffle stay home and work via the VPN, of course it's easier for the estimators than the PM's.