Check your account email address ×

So Yamaha is selling more snowmobiles with AC engines

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

The new ctec 800 is probably the nicest 800 twin made 

It would be if it was built by Yamaha in Japan. Don't go down this road with me. Yamaha is a motor company. They should be building their own 2 stroke motors period end of story

• Thanks 1

Just now, jtssrx said:

It would be if it was built by Yamaha in Japan. Don't go down this road with me. Yamaha is a motor company. They should be building their own 2 stroke motors period end of story

Have you put many miles on a 2020 800 cat? That engine is everything I’ve wanted out of an 800 from doo for over a decade 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, ACE said:

Those 3 words say it all. 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Have you put many miles on a 2020 800 cat? That engine is everything I’ve wanted out of an 800 from doo for over a decade 

Yet it can’t even beat an 800 etec ouch

• Like 1

Just now, ACE said:

I don't have to as I said that isn't a Yamaha it's an AC with blue plastic. It's even worse than the Viper and the Sidewinder as it's a full-on AC. Yamaha has lost it's mind!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Anler said:

They are even going to the team clutching. wow

Why spend the R&D.   Yamaha is basically a design (decals and colors) and marketing company now when it comes to sleds. 

Just now, jtssrx said:

I don't have to as I said that isn't a Yamaha it's an AC with blue plastic. It's even worse than the Viper and the Sidewinder as it's a full-on AC. Yamaha has lost it's mind!!!!

Ignorance is bliss for nerds 

Just now, Highmark said:

Why spend the R&D.   Yamaha is basically a design (decals and colors) and marketing company now when it comes to sleds. 

Yeah but at least they were putting some yamaha stuff in there besides an engine like clutching and gauge and other knick knacks. Its just a 100% blue arctic cat now. 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

I've got over 6000 miles on 2 ETEC 800's.   Only issue ever had was a fouled plug likely caused by the summerizing program the ETEC can run fogging the engine.  

Both run extremely strong and have been outstanding motors.  

Just now, ACE said:

Ignorance is bliss for nerds 

It's not ignorance. That would be like ford selling a GM product calling it a ford becuase they slapped Ford badges on it. This has zero to do with how good or bad the AC motor is. You don't get that becuase your AC brand loyal. I don't care if the AC motor was the best 800 of all time. Yamaha should be building their own motors

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

It's not ignorance. That would be like ford selling a GM product calling it a ford becuase they slapped Ford badges on it. This has zero to do with how good or bad the AC motor is. You don't get that becuase your AC brand loyal. I don't care if the AC motor was the best 800 of all time. Yamaha should be building their own motors

I’m actually a Doo guy but have ended up on cat for some reason :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah but at least they were putting some yamaha stuff in there besides an engine like clutching and gauge and other knick knacks. Its just a 100% blue arctic cat now. 

Yes that's what I said. 

29 minutes ago, ACE said:

It's so fn good they only needed half of it for these Hell Raisers and Shit Disturbers, I've think I've finally seen the light

Just now, Tinker said:

It's so fn good they only needed half of it for these Hell Raisers and Shit Disturbers, I've think I've finally seen the light

Good man 

27 minutes ago, Edmo said:

It’s obvious Yamaha doesn't have their heart in it. They could do so much better. 

The last chassis Yamaha built was the Nytro. Until they can build a better chassis than the Pro Cross. Really no need to come to the party. 

• Like 1