Check your account email address ×

Issues that Trump and other R's should think about.

Just now, Mainecat said:

Trump wants to cut the corporate tax rate. I think he is wrong here.

come on silly. companies already making money hand-over-fist, and doing everything in their power to increase profits, will surely hire more people to stand around and make everyone happier with more pay. 

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

come on silly. companies already making money hand-over-fist, and doing everything in their power to increase profits, will surely hire more people to stand around and make everyone happier with more pay. 

corporate_bracket.png

44 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

America first. We Americans are the worlds police force and its time to scale back.

This is why I've always liked you.  Not that you care...but it's true.  Hold still....reach around coming.  :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Trump wants to cut the corporate tax rate. I think he is wrong here.

And you still believe companies pay income taxes.  :lmao:

Bare minimum we need to get rid of the double taxation in C-Corps.   They pay taxes then their owners pay taxes again on distributions.  No reason it shouldn't be handled like S-Corps.  

• Gold Member

Think trump should roll back social security max income of contributions....  for 2017 it is going up 10k to like $127k before you dont have to contribute anymore on income above that.  Miss the beginning of the bush years where that limit was down around or below $100k.

i use to be done contributing to SS in july under bush...  now its like september under obama

21 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Think trump should roll back social security max income of contributions....  for 2017 it is going up 10k to like $127k before you dont have to contribute anymore on income above that.  Miss the beginning of the bush years where that limit was down around or below $100k.

i use to be done contributing to SS in july under bush...  now its like september under obama

remove the cap....YES

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I was. I posted a corp rate chart and Reagan did raise taxes 3 times....maybe 4 times

Your chart shows top corp tax rate at 46% in 1980, 40% in 1987 and 34% in 1988.

You also cannot look at that without knowing what the brackets were broken down by $ totals as well as what was allowed for deductions.  Keep in mind we were coming out of a time of extremely high inflation so things were going up besides the cost of goods.   A small company who profit % stayed the same might have been in a much higher tax "bracket" because of previous inflation.   

48 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I was. I posted a corp rate chart and Reagan did raise taxes 3 times....maybe 4 times

You posted the top corp tax chart.  That is not specific at all.  What specifically are you talking about.  There are all kinds of taxes in the US.  What specific tax bracket in what years got raised?

38 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Your chart shows top corp tax rate at 46% in 1980, 40% in 1987 and 34% in 1988.

You also cannot look at that without knowing what the brackets were broken down by $ totals as well as what was allowed for deductions.  Keep in mind we were coming out of a time of extremely high inflation so things were going up besides the cost of goods.   A small company who profit % stayed the same might have been in a much higher tax "bracket" because of previous inflation.   

I lived through it. Mortgage rates were still in double digits halfway through Reagan's term.

My list. 

Day one: reverse every executive order written by Barry, announce plan for wall, begin the deportation of every criminal in our jails, end sanctuary city's, announce replacement for Scalia. 

Day two: announce the end of Obamacare, common core, the Iran deal, EPA involvement in climate change. 

Day three: announce tax plan, invite all business to come back to the United States where they will enjoy the lowest tax rates in the world. 

Day four: announce special prosecutor into Hillary and bill Clinton for email and Clinton foundation scandals. 

Day five: pardon Edward Snowden and Julian Assange. 

Day six: meet with Putin and build a collision to destroy ISIS and every other Islamic fuck. Send back every Syrian refugee and pause all immigration of those type of people until they can be vetted. 

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

I lived through it. Mortgage rates were still in double digits halfway through Reagan's term.

1/2 way through. u said it they were crazy high because of Carters miserable fail. what happened around the 3/4 mark? shit will never move fast in Washington  we gave the big O 8 yrs and we got massive debt and massive amounts  jobs leaving the country