Check your account email address ×

2017 Eco-Boost, 8K repair bill so far....

Kivalo

8 minutes ago, Doos said:

Dude you’re a broken record over 15 years. 

Brand loyalty makes you a liar and a dumbfvck troll. Get it together Canadien Ben.

Well it’s the truth so..

1 minute ago, Doos said:

Sure you could. 

if I had no preferred choice, I’d take EB. Even though I owned both.

That’s fine. They just have a lot of complexity to have less power 

1 hour ago, Doos said:

You know me, I love the 150 and think the current model is great. Last time around I wanted the 150 only for the EB, for what I got with the Ram it was a no brainer. 

I’ve been in the new Fords, nothing wrong with them. The Ram aside from the engine and trans is better than the 150. I could not be more impressed with the 20 Ram, it’s amazing. Had I gone with the one ton option I was considering it would have been Ford no question, first year engine and trans held me back though. 

Not bashing Ford, but I had a Expedition Limited last week and really missed the Ram. The stereo alone makes the difference, not to mention how much more quiet it is.

16DDBA6F-22A0-48BD-90AB-2B070FDB9E79.jpeg

93D7A971-F251-43DC-837B-31E6B0413CAE.jpeg

Rams are a 3rd place truck, but they're cheap.  That was coming from him not me.  

Must have had the base raido in it.  The B&O in my Lariat is great 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

not really true I just got one few mo back . they were all with in a grand of each other apples to apples.  fiat had the best warrenty.

now leasing ram was cheep as fuck but my shit gets to many mi and to much physical abuse  for a lease 

Rebates and leases, they're as AG says  "whoring the fuck out of them". That's the only reason why they passed Chevy in sales. 

47 minutes ago, ACE said:

My bone stock Yukon XL consistently beat the 2018 3.5 eco.  Wasn’t an issue 

:lol:  yea sure :lmao:

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I expect you'll be out to pick one up tomorrow morning!!

If that were true, he already has 100 of them 

Maintenance costs were one of the main reasons I went with the 5.0 instead of an EB.  If the turbos shit the bed that's 2 grand in just parts. I can get a low mile 5.0 swapped in my truck for that kind of money.

Won't have a new truck for awhile.  No way I'm spending $40k on a truck with what I do with it.  Can't imagine dumping a yard of gravel in the back of a brand new truck.

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Maintenance costs were one of the main reasons I went with the 5.0 instead of an EB.  If the turbos shit the bed that's 2 grand in just parts. I can get a low mile 5.0 swapped in my truck for that kind of money.

Won't have a new truck for awhile.  No way I'm spending $40k on a truck with what I do with it.  Can't imagine dumping a yard of gravel in the back of a brand new truck.

You can get used turbo’d for the ecoboost as well.  Couple hundred bucks with a warranty according to ebay

https://www.ebay.com/p/28030465950?iid=362586273516&chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=362586273516&targetid=872883459349&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=1027744&poi=&campaignid=9343998924&mkgroupid=94993840979&rlsatarget=pla-872883459349&abcId=1139336&merchantid=7866994&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-bjyBRCcARIsAFboWg2QHsefZktVpcxcLxzpuAwRU4VYaYGPKObUYUxjrqyYydv7DovEb1saAlorEALw_wcB

2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

The only reason why Rams are outselling GM is because they're damn near giving them away.

My buddy just priced out an F150, Silverado and Ram and the Ram is the cheapest of the 3 to replace his '17 Silverado. He said Ram is also the worst. He said and I quote "compared the the F150 and Silverado, they're garbage. They're no where near as good of a truck as an F150 or Silverado/Sierra. Only reason I'm considering getting one is because it's so cheap and my boat doesn't weigh much.  If I was towing more , I'd for sure get the 3.5EB or 6.2 Chevy. The Ram is weak. Feels like driving a 4 cylinder compared to the other 2"

Let's not be a simpleton now ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Rams are a 3rd place truck, but they're cheap.  That was coming from him not me.  

Must have had the base raido in it.  The B&O in my Lariat is great 

Rebates and leases, they're as AG says  "whoring the fuck out of them". That's the only reason why they passed Chevy in sales. 

:lol:  yea sure :lmao:

If that were true, he already has 100 of them 

The B&O sucks ass compared to the good radio is the Ram. I have a B&O, its crap. 

12 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I dunno yet, he is waiting to here.  I guess he was trying to fix a misfire issue. The new plugs didnt work so he put the stock plugs back in.

If the truck is under warranty why the fuck didn't he have FOMOCO fix it?

12 hours ago, Anler said:

A good service manager can get stuff approved pretty quickly. 

Not with Ford, Generous Motors yes, but not Ford..............Fuck Ford!!!!!

I love the interiors of the Black Label Lincoln Aviator's........But goddammit fuck Ford!!!!

7 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Not unless you're doing it yourself 

7 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Let's not be a simpleton now ...

That's his words not mine.  

6 hours ago, Legend said:

The B&O sucks ass compared to the good radio is the Ram. I have a B&O, its crap. 

To bad the rest of the truck is a piece of shit :lol:

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

If the truck is under warranty why the fuck didn't he have FOMOCO fix it?

Not with Ford, Generous Motors yes, but not Ford..............Fuck Ford!!!!!

I love the interiors of the Black Label Lincoln Aviator's........But goddammit fuck Ford!!!!

I see you're still massively butt hurt over the diesel that you modified and ruined and Ford denied your warranty on.  Poor little Wince 

12 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Not unless you're doing it yourself 

That's his words not mine.  

To bad the rest of the truck is a piece of shit :lol:

I see you're still massively butt hurt over the diesel that you modified and ruined and Ford denied your warranty on.  Poor little Wince 

In the time since that OEM fuel injector grenaded I've purchased over a million dollars worth of GM vehicles, FUCK FORD :lol: