Check your account email address ×

What a shithole.

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Been to plenty of nice places in Florida.  

Yup.   Ass in the sand ,  drink in hand.   
40* rain and ugly as shit here.  Going to be awful sitting on Beach @ 80 .  

Just now, Highmark said:

Good for you.   Must have been horrible to go there so many times.  :lol:  

I had a lot of family there. Now that my grandpa is gone I’ll never set foot there again.

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yup.   Ass in the sand ,  drink in hand.   
40* rain and ugly as shit here.  Going to be awful sitting on Beach @ 80 .  

Been to Florida 20+ times and enjoyed every trip and most were for work. 

I've been to florida more times than I can count starting when i was a kid.  My parents live there so we would go regularly to visit and i traveled there a bunch for work.  There are a lot of cool places in FL but it is a hellhole in the summer and early fall.  The coast between Tampa and Marco island has a bunch of nice areas.  My parents moved down when my dad was 47 for a job relo,  couldn't figure out why they wanted to live there year round but completely understand the winter months now that i'm approaching 50.    

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Been to Florida 20+ times and enjoyed every trip and most were for work. 

Same here.  We do a trip to  Panama City in the spring, with 20 or more friends,  It is a complete riot.  Condos Right on the Ocean. 

Everyone likes something different  That’s fine,  I don’t feel the need to shit all over something because it ain’t my thing.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Winterhaven 

Winterhaven/Lakeland area isn't that great.   Visiting central Florida instead of the coasts is like visiting central Wyoming where there are no mountains.  :lol:  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Winterhaven/Lakeland area isn't that great.   Visiting central Florida instead of the coasts is like visiting central Wyoming where there are no mountains.  :lol:  

I have quite a bit of other family there and have been all over the state. Uncle lives in lake Griffen

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Christ! Isn't that the truth!  That's one of the best examples of dumb-fuckery I've heard in a long time.  Central Florida sucks - just fucking hot like Arizona.  The coasts are great for many activities. So much to do in Florida.  Can't beat the golfing and fishing!

16 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

The entire state of florida is a shithole. 

#2 highest state for inbound movers

There are shit holes in every state. Not many states that are shitholes unless you're a derpo or talking Ohio

Edited by washedupmxer

1 minute ago, washedupmxer said:

There are shit holes in every state. Not many states that are shitholes unless you're a derpo or talking Ohio

Slowed up a bit with the recession, but it’s back to full on mayhem. Someone was telling me 30k people a month moving to Tampa area. Wow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, s pump said:

Yah, it sucks. I'd rather hang out in Deroit. 👌

20180406_122330.jpg

I'd consider buying a place on the water down there sometime and VRBO it all year except when friends and family want to use it.   Got some friends that do it there and in Arizona and it more than pays for itself. 

22 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Yep. There is a reason people are moving to Florida and Arizona. 

I was just flinging buggers in here when I said the whole state is a shithole. There are plenty of very nice areas for sure.