Check your account email address ×

ZR 8000 RR best 800/850 class ever for the money

Rod

Just now, Zambroski said:

Shitty shocks.  KYB's did a world of good for that skid....and a race spring.

My cat out of the box is the opposite. Smooth in the small bumps and still smooth in the hard bumps and hasn’t bottomed out 

Just now, ACE said:

My cat out of the box is the opposite. Smooth in the small bumps and still smooth in the hard bumps and hasn’t bottomed out 

From my understanding, it's a well refined chassis now.  They've come a long way from the 12's and 13"s that were some pretty rough customers.  Most of my parts on mine came right off the race shelf.  Shocks too.  It could take a beating and I liked it but, I could sure see why many didn't.  But they cleaned up the skid in 14 and 15 and it's really gotten good since.  The one on my current PC is really nice.  

From my understanding, it's a well refined chassis now.  They've come a long way from the 12's and 13"s that were some pretty rough customers.  Most of my parts on mine came right off the race shelf.  Shocks too.  It could take a beating and I liked it but, I could sure see why many didn't.  But they cleaned up the skid in 14 and 15 and it's really gotten good since.  The one on my current PC is really nice.  

Yeah most of the guys I know that bought 12-13’s weren’t happy. But now I know a couple guys who switched to cat from doo

id rather have the last years of an old chassis than the first years of a new one 

Just now, ACE said:

Yeah most of the guys I know that bought 12-13’s weren’t happy. But now I know a couple guys who switched to cat from doo

id rather have the last years of an old chassis than the first years of a new one 

Well, getting a first year or two of something has it's benefits also.  It's not all bad.  For example, while my 13/14's had some issues of their own chassis wise, they were stout, the valving was strong.  The skid was race spec.  They were as close to the actual racers as they'd ever be...they started to get watered down from there....but still made some nice improvements with HD steering and driveshaft updates.  My 13 was a beast.  The geometry of the skid was just harsh though.  It's the same skid Tucker bailed on it's first year.  Just didn't work all that well. no matter what you did with it.  It could take the big bumps great but, smaller ones made it a mess to control and would send a stinger up your spine if you weren't careful.

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

What do you use the horses for?

My wife’s friend has a few she races. It’s like having a second full time job. She does well though. One of the horses was winning and had some real potential, she sold it for like 350k.

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, getting a first year or two of something has it's benefits also.  It's not all bad.  For example, while my 13/14's had some issues of their own chassis wise, they were stout, the valving was strong.  The skid was race spec.  They were as close to the actual racers as they'd ever be...they started to get watered down from there....but still made some nice improvements with HD steering and driveshaft updates.  My 13 was a beast.  The geometry of the skid was just harsh though.  It's the same skid Tucker bailed on it's first year.  Just didn't work all that well. no matter what you did with it.  It could take the big bumps great but, smaller ones made it a mess to control and would send a stinger up your spine if you weren't careful.

My 08 XP was a mess. Front to back. My 03 rev was good besides the motor. But a lot of the sled was ZX carryover 

Just now, ACE said:

My 08 XP was a mess. Front to back. My 03 rev was good besides the motor. But a lot of the sled was ZX carryover 

Wasn't that the Ptek too?  Ouch.  What a pile that thing was.  But, look at the efficiency...it barely uses any oil or and fuel mileage is great!  Translation, the engine burns red hot without much lubrication.  :lol: 

I loved my Revs.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Cats are what I'd expect a snowmobile purchased at Walmart to be like.  Always have been.

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Cats remind me of those cheap knock off ATV's china is building and selling for $79.99.  JUNK

You two look like you may be close enough to be able to get together and make cactus cakes or some such.  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Wasn't that the Ptek too?  Ouch.  What a pile that thing was.  But, look at the efficiency...it barely uses any oil or and fuel mileage is great!  Translation, the engine burns red hot without much lubrication.  :lol: 

I loved my Revs.

Ptek is fucking garbage 

23 minutes ago, ACE said:

One of the guys I ride with has a 2020 800, I dont think its an RR as he has el tigre stickers on it and they didnt make an el tigre in 2020 so I dont know. But its probably the best pro cross they have ever made. It still back fires real bad every time he turns it off. 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

One of the guys I ride with has a 2020 800, I dont think its an RR as he has el tigre stickers on it and they didnt make an el tigre in 2020 so I dont know. But its probably the best pro cross they have ever made. It still back fires real bad every time he turns it off. 

I didn't think they made the El tigre in 2020.  meh..either way.  It's a sporty touring model.

I didn't think they made the El tigre in 2020.  meh..either way.  It's a sporty touring model.

they didnt, he put the stickers on there. he is a true cat die hard. He is logging his 200,000 mile on an arctic cat this season. You can show him a picture of any arctic cat ever made and he will tell you what year it was and everything about it. Like an arctic cat encyclopedia

Just now, Anler said:

they didnt, he put the stickers on there. he is a true cat die hard. He is logging his 200,000 mile on an arctic cat this season. You can show him a picture of any arctic cat ever made and he will tell you what year it was and everything about it. Like an arctic cat encyclopedia

I met one of those types...only a Skeeee doooo guy.  Nearly bored me to death after about an hour......but signed two of his books for me.  :lol: 

I met one of those types...only a Skeeee doooo guy.  Nearly bored me to death after about an hour......but signed two of his books for me.  :lol: 

this guy wouldnt bore you, he is a riot. He has literally ridden everywhere in North America by snowmobile or motorcycle.