Check your account email address ×

Virus is interesting.

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

National geographic says it come from China.

First documented case was reported during March 1918 in Kansas. There’s speculation, based on what historian, that it could’ve also originated in China, France, or Briton as well. The real question I always found puzzling is how, where, and when did a typical flu strain morph into something so deadly. 

18 minutes ago, ACE said:

Wasn’t it the bubonic plague that killed the most? Like over 1/2 of Europe?

I think it killed a bit less but that was the 2nd run of it. The first was estimated to kill like 25 million during the first big run sometime in the 4th century if I remember right.

Nobody really cares about this right now but, this could be our meteor!  This could be a game changer.  Wouldn’t it be funny if all the gluten free people developed antibodies and were the only ones that survived?  Them and all the people with peanut allergies.  They could breed.....it could be the start of the mutant race of humanoids!

:lol:
Let’s see!  Bring it!

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I think it killed a bit less but that was the 2nd run of it. The first was estimated to kill like 25 million during the first big run sometime in the 4th century if I remember right.

Nobody really cares about this right now but, this could be our meteor!  This could be a game changer.  Wouldn’t it be funny if all the gluten free people developed antibodies and were the only ones that survived?  Them and all the people with peanut allergies.  They could breed.....it could be the start of the mutant race of humanoids!

:lol:
Let’s see!  Bring it!

The only survivors will be the ones that don’t overuse antibiotics. 

23 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Average contagion factor is one person infects 3 other people. The person is contagious prior to showing symptoms. The virus came from a seafood market that was also selling illegal wildlife late last year. 

Hmmm

22 hours ago, BOHICA said:

What do you think Trump’s involvement of the release of this virus on the Chinese people is?  Fucker is guilty of something relating to this virus.

Trump Jr. did shoot an endangered sheep in Mongolia, could be the link,

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fucking jerkoff Junior.

I wonder what the animal lover @Zambroski thinks of Junior and his enabler father.

20191211-Trump-Jr-Traditional-Garb.jpg

Donald Trump Jr. Went to Mongolia, Got Special Treatment From the Government and Killed an Endangered Sheep

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-donald-trump-jr-went-to-mongolia-got-special-treatment-from-the-government-and-killed-an-endangered-sheep

13 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Hard to know the details. If that’s actually caused by the virus it’s very troubling. That could be an indication it’s attacking the central nervous system. It might just be the chills from a very high fever as well. China really needs to allow America’s CDC in there. Fuckers are refusing trump’s request  

Trump says President Xi is his good friend, why would a good friend reject help from a good friend?

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Hard to know the details. If that’s actually caused by the virus it’s very troubling. That could be an indication it’s attacking the central nervous system. It might just be the chills from a very high fever as well. China really needs to allow America’s CDC in there. Fuckers are refusing trump’s request  

Shouldn't the WHO be all over it?

It's getting real for us.  Case at Arizona State University where my wife's good friend is one of the Mandarin speakers they have on staff to deal with international students.  This student is friends with people we know and my wife has dealt with directly in the last week.  He wasn't symptomatic for a few days after returning to the US and was out in public, attending student activities...  My wife is kindof a germophobe and she's flipping out right now as she's one degree removed from a confirmed case.

Edited by Matt
  • Sad 1

Whats the mortality rate like?    Not like we can trust the Chinese but what are they claiming?

Edited by Highmark

31 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I wonder what the animal lover @Zambroski thinks of Junior and his enabler father.

20191211-Trump-Jr-Traditional-Garb.jpg

If anybody here thinks I somehow think Trump and any of his fucking offspring are people I’d like to associate with, well....imbeciles.  I’ve stated several times what I’ve thought of them as people.  It’s Very unlikely I’d be caught in the presence of Don for very long.  From what I’ve seen, I’ve known his type and couldn’t stand to listen to his mouth for very long at all.  Much like now.  His kids?  Laughable twats...less Ivanka who at least seems to have an intelligent head and some common sense to her...clearly, her mother’s daughter.

Nobody here should wonder what my views are on hunting and most hunters either.  It’s not a sport.  Quit acting like it is.

29 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Zdumbfuck will give Junior and his dopey dad a pass for sure. :nudie:

Oooops.

Rule:  When one is a a hypocrite, it’s best to label others a such.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Whats the mortality rate like?    Not like we can trust the Chinese but what are they claiming?

Its hard to gauge.  China isn't be forthcoming with information. 

MERS had a high mortality rate in 2012.  If this virus out does MERS then it could put a dent into some densely populated areas.

Just now, snopro31 said:

Its hard to gauge.  China isn't be forthcoming with information. 

MERS had a high mortality rate in 2012.  If this virus out does MERS then it could put a dent into some densely populated areas.

Wasn't that a Coronavirus as well?

1 hour ago, snopro31 said:

The only survivors will be the ones that don’t overuse antibiotics. 

Well, as everyone knows, these things attack and kill the weak first.  Usually, the knowledge to beat it and a cure is off the backs of the first waves of victims.  I’m in the hope of “the weak” being the mentally weak also (and it usually is).  Those that that are in a constant state of despair,  negativity and hopelessness usually have a system that gives up just as fast. That will do everyone some good.