Check your account email address ×

Texas man invents machine that extracts water from air So when does he get suicided???

jtssrx

22 minutes ago, irv said:

Tom, what's it like where you are now vacationing/enjoying your retirement? I heard years ago that people have to place buckets of water inside RV's, etc, to help put moisture into the air as to stop wood and other things from drying out/splitting due to the lack of humidity in the air. I assume that is true but then again, I am not 100% on that? :dunno:

First thing in the AM when everything us covered with dew the humidity in Havasu is about 45%. Current humidity here is about 40%.  It will drop some as the sun heats everything up and the temps get warmer.  Should be above 70f today.

Living in an RV creates lots of humidity.  Cooking, showers, dishes, humans, etc. all increase the humidity inside the RV.  No need for any water inside when you are living in the RV.  

When we put the RV in storage I fill one 5 gallon bucket of water for each month the coach will be in storage.  At the end of 4 months there is about 4 gallons of water left of the 20 gallons I started with.  

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

we bought an old one at a yard sale in like 98/99.  tossed it maybe 6-7 years ago.  2 since then in addition to another few that were in the other section of the basement while the old one chugged right along.  

Add returns to the basement from the central air.

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

First thing in the AM when everything us covered with dew the humidity in Havasu is about 45%. Current humidity here is about 40%.  It will drop some as the sun heats everything up and the temps get warmer.  Should be above 70f today.

Living in an RV creates lots of humidity.  Cooking, showers, dishes, humans, etc. all increase the humidity inside the RV.  No need for any water inside when you are living in the RV.  

When we put the RV in storage I fill one 5 gallon bucket of water for each month the coach will be in storage.  At the end of 4 months there is about 4 gallons of water left of the 20 gallons I started with.  

Never forget the first time camping in an RV.   We had bought a Coachman class C for camping with our two young kids and tailgating at Hawkeye games.   Local county golf course has a nice campground with great area's for the kids to play.   We were with friends who also had a new camper so up late both nights around the campfire hitting the drinks pretty hard.   Go to head home Sunday morning and the campsite has a blackwater dump hookup.   Its just a septic that you slide a metal door open and put your tube down and open it up to dump out.   Well it was an extremely warm morning already close to 85 and humid.   I swing that metal door open and a good rush of sewage smell hits me right in the face.   I immediately started gagging.   My wife laughing opens the sliding window facing the dump and gets a good whiff of it and she immediately starts gagging as well.   We laugh about that to this day and cannot watch the pump scene in RV with Robin Williams without almost pissing ourselves. 

39 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

For sure it does. I was trying to remember the story and who told me and, IIRC, it might have been park/resort owners who put buckets of water inside RV's while the snowbirds weren't there? That makes more sense to me and likely what I was told. 

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

You should drop that temp to 55.

It goes down to 55 when the outside temp is 20f or above.  We had -25 most of last week so I had the boiler cranked up to give me more response time if something goes wrong.  

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

It goes down to 55 when the outside temp is 20f or above.  We had -25 most of last week so I had the boiler cranked up to give me more response time if something goes wrong.  

Good thinking. Tick ain’t that bright!!! :snack:

3 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

That’s smart. Do you have a boiler reset programed in?  

On 1/17/2020 at 12:17 PM, XCR1250 said:

Find it?

This looks exactly like it and has the same specs. Venmar told me it’s faster acting at sensing amperage spikes than the circuit breaker. I’ve got one on the dehumidifier and basement ventilator.  

https://camelcamelcamel.com/TRC-Southwire-14650013-6-120-Volt-1800-Watts/product/B000XU5MEG

Edited by spin_dry
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

This looks exactly like it and has the same specs. Venmar told me it’s faster acting at sensing amperage spikes than the circuit breaker. I’ve got one on the dehumidifier and basement ventilator.  

https://camelcamelcamel.com/TRC-Southwire-14650013-6-120-Volt-1800-Watts/product/B000XU5MEG

Hate to break it to you but that doesn't sense amperage / overload. It's a ground fault sensor.

Just now, Big Crappie said:

Isn't the circuit protected by a breaker in your panel? That's what they do. Over current and short circuit protection.

While doing searches on dehumidifiers many stories came up about home fires caused by them, I saw some of those issues with dehumidifiers in person when I was a Vol. Firefighter . So I was looking for a plug in device for extra assurances.