Check your account email address ×

$1,163,090,000,000: Federal Spending Sets Record Through December

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

not that I'm defending the dems ludicrous spending promises but you'd have to be pretty naïve to think that if elected there would not be significant reductions elsewhere, notably in military spending, to accommodate such new social programs.

LOL! Has congress ever cut spending  ( significantly) to finance a new program? 

I get points every time I show up at the gym and collect the beacon points. For 2019 I got back over $500. All my blood work is done through the health risk assessment. Completely free. I also use the local clinic instead of seeing my doctor when ill. It’s also free. I haven’t been in to see my regular doctor for 4 years. 

Deductibles are actually bullshit. They’re fine for people with high earnings. But a $1000 or more deductible is crippling for lower wage people. This is where government assistance could help and should help. 

22 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I get points every time I show up at the gym and collect the beacon points. For 2019 I got back over $500. All my blood work is done through the health risk assessment. Completely free. I also use the local clinic instead of seeing my doctor when ill. It’s also free. I haven’t been in to see my regular doctor for 4 years. 

Deductibles are actually bullshit. They’re fine for people with high earnings. But a $1000 or more deductible is crippling for lower wage people. This is where government assistance could help and should help. 

people pay for car maint why should body maint be any different.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

A totally invalid argument. People typically purchase a vehicle that they can afford. In other words a low income individual doesn’t purchase a Ferrari that has outrageous service costs. Yet everyone is supposed to pay the same for a deductible. Have you ever struggled financially? I ask this because based on past posts, you haven’t 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

A totally invalid argument. People typically purchase a vehicle that they can afford. In other words a low income individual doesn’t purchase a Ferrari that has outrageous service costs. Yet everyone is supposed to pay the same for a deductible. Have you ever struggled financially? I ask this because based on past posts, you haven’t 

Other than Catbox the ECDL are an arrogant smarmy bunch. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

boggles my mind there is actually such thing as a health care deductible.

45 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

The difference is car maintenance is affordable, healthcare is not.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Yes , a little over.

I have the best insurance of anyone on this board and that's why I get paid fuck all.

You guzzle Coors Light and ride a snowmobile like an idiot, you need good health insurance. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

The difference is car maintenance is affordable, healthcare is not.

You guzzle Coors Light and ride a snowmobile like an idiot, you need good health insurance. :lol:

Seriously.....I'm young and healthy. My pimped out cadillac plan is all but useless to me. I feel like I should just start having surgeries to get my monies worth out of the 21k a year I'm spending

12 minutes ago, frenchy said:

boggles my mind there is actually such thing as a health care deductible.

It’s a devious method for insurance companies to increase bottom line figures and pump up company valuation. They also tinker with copays. I’ve been assessing insurance diagnostic coding for a non-local healthcare provider. If a claim gets kicked back because of a possible coding issue, I look it over and make the necessary changes. It’s a talent that I acquired during my years in private practice. It’s simply a big game by insurance companies to squeeze more into the bottom line 

Edited by spin_dry

46 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Other than Catbox the ECDL are an arrogant smarmy bunch. 

of course we are.  most of us make good money and have for a long time and lost site of the struggle of the working man.  TBH i could give a fuck about poor people outside the fact we need to try to take care of the kids who didn't create their situation.  

I'll still stick with there needing to be some payment to keep people from abusing the system with minor things that should not require a hospital/dr visit.  right now the old and the poor get healthcare for free anyways so it's the middle class who would benefit the most and they represent the group that gets regularly fucked in this country by the current system.  

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Nobody should have to worry about basic health care.  End of story.

End of thread.

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

of course we are.  most of us make good money and have for a long time and lost site of the struggle of the working man.  TBH i could give a fuck about poor people outside the fact we need to try to take care of the kids who didn't create their situation.  

I'll still stick with there needing to be some payment to keep people from abusing the system with minor things that should not require a hospital/dr visit.  right now the old and the poor get healthcare for free anyways so it's the middle class who would benefit the most and they represent the group that gets regularly fucked in this country by the current system.  

Wow, either Snacks was right or you’re just being sarcastic. If not, you really are an arrogant twat.

• Thanks 1