Check your account email address ×

Finally going to do it.....cutting the cable... YouTube TV????

ckf

33 minutes ago, ckf said:

Update:   The 55" TCL Series 6 arrived with a cracked screen. So, I ended up picking up an 8 series Hisence instead. The recent reviews say that it's just as good as the TCL 6 series.   Anyway....we got everything setup yesterday and called to change our cable package today.  The best I could do was cut it down to $135 from $267. It was cheaper to keep a package with basic TV than it was for just internet and phone. The next step is to get rid of the home phone now that we can get service at home on our cell through wifi.

Anyway....I'm down to 100mbps on our internet. The rep tried to tell me that I would run it to buffering issues when trying to stream HD movies. Isn't 100mbps enough to stream HD content? It's just the 2 of us so it isn't getting bogged down with several devices. At the most we might both be streaming 4k content on 2 different devices.

You're getting hosed imo.  We have two of us and stream hd content on two TV's at 40 Mb down service.  We pay 50 nook bucks a month for Internet. No issues 

• Platinum Contributing Member

A friend has vontronix with a fire stick. Pays less than $50 a month and gets all of the sport networks. He gets literally every channel. I’m thinking about going that way. You still need high speed internet. 

Edited by Shifty

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

I have made the same change to internet and the only time i have had streaming issues is when my sons on his PS4 and 3 of us are streaming netflix and youtube at the sametime.   I have found everytime i want to get rid of cable i can't save much going to a streaming service with internet so it's easier to stay.  

Orbi will fix that

It's literally the best router set up I've ever seen. 

1 hour ago, Shifty said:

A friend has vontronix with a fire stick. Pays less than $50 a month and gets all of the sport networks. He gets literally every channel. I’m thinking about going that way. You still need high speed internet. 

So what is that? Like kodi? Want sports channels like Fox sports Wisconsin. Sick of paying Directv. 

57 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i have a mesh network setup,  just buffers a bit if everyone is streaming on it.  

Must be shitty Internet then

43 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Don't have any issues with my Asus router.

IMG_20200129_185700.jpg

I have a Asus nighthawk, it's similar