Check your account email address ×

Finally going to do it.....cutting the cable... YouTube TV????

ckf

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

The Roku isn't good either as an android box.  There are bigly better boxes out there with more ram and storage

So you have no clue like always Faggot big surprise :flush:

3 minutes ago, Momorider said:

So you have no clue like always Faggot big surprise :flush:

I am an IT professional I think I have more knowledge and certification than you in any information tech field granny tits 

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

I am an IT professional I think I have more knowledge and certification than you in any information tech field granny tits 

Seems like :bullshit: all the ram in the word doesn't make up for a shitty OS or app software Faggot :finger2:

28 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Seems like :bullshit: all the ram in the word doesn't make up for a shitty OS or app software Faggot :finger2:

They all use an android variations it's open source you bald knob 

4 minutes ago, Momorider said:

:bullshit: the difference between a Firestick and Android TV is night and day :fuckyou: Faggot

Android os is an operating system and its open source meaning anyone can take the code and modify it.   Are you playing dumb here or is this every day sir?

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

ever heard how many technical reports the fraud as written? More than anyone on the site so the story goes :lol::fullofshit:

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Android os is an operating system and its open source meaning anyone can take the code and modify it.   Are you playing dumb here or is this every day sir?

Surprised that Amazon has better coders than Google, that's the reality I'm only a user but the Firestick is way better in every respect :finger: homo 

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

ever heard how many technical reports the fraud as written? More than anyone on the site so the story goes :lol::fullofshit:

More than everyone on the site combined midget not just more than anyone :fuckyou:

2 hours ago, washedupmxer said:

Yep it's far from perfect but serviceable.

Exactly!

2 hours ago, Kev144 said:

The Roku isn't good either as an android box.  There are bigly better boxes out there with more ram and storage

I just liked the ideaf having ther Roku in the TV. It may not bne the best, but simple works for me :lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

A little update....so far so good with the Roku TV and streaming YT TV. I cabn't see where I will miss cable.  We still haven't cut the cable because the bedroom TV is an older smart TV and doesn't have the option for Prime Video or YT TV. I put my chromecast on it, but I hate streaming to the TV with a phone. I ordered a TCL 55" 6 series today for the living room and will move the 49" 5 series to the bedroom. As soon as it arrives I'll be calling the cable company to go to just internet service.  It'll take about 6 months of savings to cover the cost of both TV's.

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

A little update....so far so good with the Roku TV and streaming YT TV. I cabn't see where I will miss cable.  We still haven't cut the cable because the bedroom TV is an older smart TV and doesn't have the option for Prime Video or YT TV. I put my chromecast on it, but I hate streaming to the TV with a phone. I ordered a TCL 55" 6 series today for the living room and will move the 49" 5 series to the bedroom. As soon as it arrives I'll be calling the cable company to go to just internet service.  It'll take about 6 months of savings to cover the cost of both TV's.

You can get a 4k fire stick for $25 right now. They work sweet.

As far as yttv had my my first issues with the DVR. Most issues are with it. 

Recording supercross...phone says I have it tv doesn't. Have to watch on phone to get it to show on TV app. Was a bit of the pain in the ass

Edited by washedupmxer

31 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

You can get a 4k fire stick for $25 right now. They work sweet.

As far as yttv had my my first issues with the DVR. Most issues are with it. 

Recording supercross...phone says I have it tv doesn't. Have to watch on phone to get it to show on TV app. Was a bit of the pain in the ass

I really like the roku menu system.

Are you logged in through different accounts on your TV and phone? You can have up to 6 "friends & family" in the account with 3 streaming at one time. That's nice :thumbsup:

Update:   The 55" TCL Series 6 arrived with a cracked screen. So, I ended up picking up an 8 series Hisence instead. The recent reviews say that it's just as good as the TCL 6 series.   Anyway....we got everything setup yesterday and called to change our cable package today.  The best I could do was cut it down to $135 from $267. It was cheaper to keep a package with basic TV than it was for just internet and phone. The next step is to get rid of the home phone now that we can get service at home on our cell through wifi.

Anyway....I'm down to 100mbps on our internet. The rep tried to tell me that I would run it to buffering issues when trying to stream HD movies. Isn't 100mbps enough to stream HD content? It's just the 2 of us so it isn't getting bogged down with several devices. At the most we might both be streaming 4k content on 2 different devices.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Update:   The 55" TCL Series 6 arrived with a cracked screen. So, I ended up picking up an 8 series Hisence instead. The recent reviews say that it's just as good as the TCL 6 series.   Anyway....we got everything setup yesterday and called to change our cable package today.  The best I could do was cut it down to $135 from $267. It was cheaper to keep a package with basic TV than it was for just internet and phone. The next step is to get rid of the home phone now that we can get service at home on our cell through wifi.

Anyway....I'm down to 100mbps on our internet. The rep tried to tell me that I would run it to buffering issues when trying to stream HD movies. Isn't 100mbps enough to stream HD content? It's just the 2 of us so it isn't getting bogged down with several devices. At the most we might both be streaming 4k content on 2 different devices.

I have made the same change to internet and the only time i have had streaming issues is when my sons on his PS4 and 3 of us are streaming netflix and youtube at the sametime.   I have found everytime i want to get rid of cable i can't save much going to a streaming service with internet so it's easier to stay.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I have made the same change to internet and the only time i have had streaming issues is when my sons on his PS4 and 3 of us are streaming netflix and youtube at the sametime.   I have found everytime i want to get rid of cable i can't save much going to a streaming service with internet so it's easier to stay.  

At least the streaming services don't nickle and dime you to death like the fucking cable companies do.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

At least the streaming services don't nickle and dime you to death like the fucking cable companies do.

i do hate the $30/mo for 3 boxes.  although i think i can dump one and use the chromecast and xfinity app.  the tv in the living rooms rarely used.  

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i do hate the $30/mo for 3 boxes.  although i think i can dump one and use the chromecast and xfinity app.  the tv in the living rooms rarely used.  

They are taking back both of my boxes and I'll stream through Roku.  That's $15 savings plus another $15 for the DVR service.  YT TV has unlimited DVR storage for free. I can cancel Showtime too now that we've watched all of this season.