Check your account email address ×

Are you 800/850 guys retarded?

42 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You can replace that bearing. It was so worn that it had toasted the post.

Sounds like bussman has some special Michigan post lube for $150!

On 1/1/2020 at 6:27 PM, AKIQPilot said:

It matters for sure. If two vehicles run the same ET then ET doesn't matter. 

I drag raced competitively from 1982 to 2010. I made hundreds of passes per year down the track. 5.92@227 is my best pass. I made over 100 passes above 200 mph. 

Awesome ! What machine were you driving to attain those speeds ?  What distance ? Any pics ?

10 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Awesome ! What machine were you driving to attain those speeds ?  What distance ? Any pics ?

It was z1 turbo with stock clutching I'm sure

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Blown Alcohol Dragster. 526ci Keith Black stage 6 Hemi. BAE fat heads. SSI high helix roots blower. Detuned to about 2400hp. 

1/4 mile

not on this phone I dont think but I will look. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Awesome. What track did you run it on ? Why did you have to de-tune it ?

Alaska Raceway Park mostly. I did ship the car to Hawaii a few times for the annual AK -v- Hawaii shoot out. 

I detuned it by reducing the blower overdrive to about 22-25% depending on the density altitude. I detuned it because I couldn't afford to blow it up every weekend. The same motor is capable of 2800-3000HP on kill. But you’re replacing rods and pistons every 12 passes on kill. You replace bearings every weekend on kill. 

22% overdrive is about 30psi of manifold pressure, 30lbs of boost. 40% overdrive is 50psi of boost. My set up definitely could not handle more than 50psi of boost. 

Also I set my shift points to 9200 rpm. The motor is designed to spin 10,000. 

I was a very low budget operation but it still cost $500 per pass if nothing went wrong. When something went wrong it was usually a $6000-$10,000 Oooops. 

I sold my entire operation in 2012. I knew I could never retire if I continued to drag race at that level. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Alaska Raceway Park mostly. I did ship the car to Hawaii a few times for the annual AK -v- Hawaii shoot out. 

I detuned it by reducing the blower overdrive to about 22-25% depending on the density altitude. I detuned it because I couldn't afford to blow it up every weekend. The same motor is capable of 2800-3000HP on kill. But you’re replacing rods and pistons every 12 passes on kill. You replace bearings every weekend on kill. 

22% overdrive is about 30psi of manifold pressure, 30lbs of boost. 40% overdrive is 50psi of boost. My set up definitely could not handle more than 50psi of boost. 

Also I set my shift points to 9200 rpm. The motor is designed to spin 10,000. 

I was a very low budget operation but it still cost $500 per pass if nothing went wrong. When something went wrong it was usually a $6000-$10,000 Oooops. 

I sold my entire operation in 2012. I knew I could never retire if I continued to drag race at that level. 

ISR stock FTW 

Awesome stuff Tom. You have grown a foot taller, and have gained my respect for your knowledge, and for the stuff you have done.

There are very few, if any guys on here that are capable  of doing stuff like that. Cheers, and keep on enjoying retirement.

Would love to see some pics of your car, if you ever get a chance to find them.

Edited by Frostynuts

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Awesome stuff Tom. You have grown a foot taller, and have gained my respect for your knowledge, and for the stuff you have done.

There are very few, if any guys on here that are capable  of doing stuff like that. Cheers, and keep on enjoying retirement.

Would love to see some pics of your car, if you ever get a chance to find them.

Thanks. It was a fun run but Im glad it is behind me. 

I went to the Winter Nationals in Pomona CA this past February. I saw Don Huizingas cousin Ray there. Ive known Ray for 25 years. First words out of his mouth. “Dude, can you still tune a 6 tower big stand Crower clutch”. Is said well sure, I never have but its basically the same as the small stand Crower right?  He said “I dont know but there is an apron, you just became my clutch man for the weekend”. We made it all the way to the final in Alcohol Funny Car. Its really fun being on the crew of a pretty big well financed team. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Thanks. It was a fun run but Im glad it is behind me. 

I went to the Winter Nationals in Pomona CA this past February. I saw Don Huizingas cousin Ray there. Ive known Ray for 25 years. First words out of his mouth. “Dude, can you still tune a 6 tower big stand Crower clutch”. Is said well sure, I never have but its basically the same as the small stand Crower right?  He said “I dont know but there is an apron, you just became my clutch man for the weekend”. We made it all the way to the final in Alcohol Funny Car. Its really fun being on the crew of a pretty big well financed team. 

You're the man, tom. :bc:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
39 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Tom might be a gay bootlicker but he knows some stuff about cool shit

That cool shit he knows stuff about would not have happened under a Bernie Sanders type president/philosophy...  the money it cost would be better spent on feeding and housing the poor in the same government housing that Tom would have been required to live in.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Haha 1

On 1/1/2020 at 10:49 AM, f7ben said:

A stock tcat put 15 sleds lengths on the next fastest 800/850 at the shootout.

It's like you retards dont know what sled length means. 

Wow

This years shootout?