Check your account email address ×

Are you 800/850 guys retarded?

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What did you flash?  Tcat?

Z1 turbo

Sled is not happy with something. Runs good , no cels. Very snappy from a dig but once rolling if you pin it it's only revving 7800pms and the tune will instantly pull boost and timing there. Just pops and backfires

I'm guessing the m1000 secondary I threw on it this morning is the issue 

The tune is not liking that straight 36 helix and I'd guess the secondary spring is sacked out too. 

I'm assuming the primary is stock clutching but never checked

It acts identical to my buddy's slingshot sled when we had too much weight in the primary....wouldnt pull rpm and the tune was dumping boost and timing

Edited by f7ben
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Z1 turbo

Sled is not happy with something. Runs good , no cels. Very snappy from a dig but once rolling if you pin it it's only revving 7800pms and the tune will instantly pull boost and timing there. Just pops and backfires

The tune is not liking that straight 36 helix and I'd guess the secondary spring is sacked out too. 

It acts identical to my buddy's slingshot sled when we had too much weight in the primary....wouldnt pull rpm and the tune was dumping boost and timing

How many sled lengths you going to win/lose by now?

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Z1 turbo

Well good luck with it, should be a blast.

Likely will want to flash the Doo Turbo unless it's a disappointment after this season.

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Z1 turbo

Maybe it needs even stocker clutching than stock?

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, ACE said:

It doesn’t sound like stock clutching.  It’s a cobbled together res runner with a mish mash of parts.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Haha 1

Just now, BOHICA said:

It doesn’t sound like stock clutching.  It’s a cobbled together res runner with a mosh mash of parts.

Z1T’s are like the 80’s monte Carlos of sleds 

11 minutes ago, ACE said:

I went to change rollers in my secondary and it was completely shot...clutch was junk. 

Soni scrambled today and found a clutch off an 08 m1000. I needed to get some miles on sled and make sure all was good so I threw it on and went.

I'll swap stock helix and spring back in tonight 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I went to change rollers in my secondary and it was completely shot...clutch was junk. 

Soni scrambled today and found a clutch off an 08 m1000. I needed to get some miles on sled and make sure all was good so I threw it on and went.

I'll swap stock helix and spring back in tonight 

Those secondary’s are kinda shit 

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Those secondary’s are kinda shit 

This one was off my cfr 1000 and had 5k miles on it.

Post and bearing were toast. I was gonna swap rollers anyway and I busted the casting trying to drive the roll pin out with a punch.

I was damn lucky to find that m1000 clutch at the salvage yard

5 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Put Simmons gen 1 on it. 

I'm torn on doing a ski and carbide setup or putting semi aggressive snowtrackers on the stock skis.

It darts a bit but my carbides are pretty worn.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

This one was off my cfr 1000 and had 5k miles on it.

Post and bearing were toast. I was gonna swap rollers anyway and I busted the casting trying to drive the roll pin out with a punch.

I was damn lucky to find that m1000 clutch at the salvage yard

Yeah I had to get a used one off eBuy for my CFR. The original one was total trash 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yeah I had to get a used one off eBuy for my CFR. The original one was total trash 

Primary's were junk throwaway parts too. My buddy has 19k miles on his apex clutches all original. The dd era cats were lucky to make 5

Just now, f7ben said:

Primary's were junk throwaway parts too. My buddy has 19k miles on his apex clutches all original. The dd era cats were lucky to make 5

I had to completely replace that too lol

to limp my secondary along for a couple more years i swapped the forward rollers for the reverse ones lolz 

the team setup is a lot nicer 

49 minutes ago, bussman said:

The moveable sheave is what wears out and sucks on those. A company in Michigan sells them for like $150

You can replace that bearing. It was so worn that it had toasted the post.