Check your account email address ×

bull shit shoot out

15 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

The interesting thing here is just how fucking much faster the thundercat is. Not to mention it can be tuned easily to be even faster. In other words if top speed is your deal, these weak ass 2 strokes are not even in the game. Not to mention both the doo and poo 850 cost more than a thundercat. 

I’ve owned both sleds in the last 8 months. 2019 SRX and a 2019 XRS 850. If you want to go fast and do nothing else an SRX or Thundercat are the ticket. If you want to do anything else run the bumps play off trail ride the ditches ride all day on the trail fast without getting tired ride an two stroke. 

the sidewinder and thundercat are one Dimensional

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I’d take the Suzuki anyday over the cat built motor 

Suzuki is bulletproof no doubt, but they’re dirty and boggy and load up bad 

I checked the pistons through the exhaust ports on my 2010.. original engine drag raced since new. Pistons look better than any doo 800 after 500 miles

lol

21 minutes ago, Tickle Shits said:

The new 800 is a lot more crisp and linear 

the Suzuki was just good at WOT 

It’ll take more time to see if the Cat 800 can live up to the Suzuki in terms of reliability. No 800 even comes close to the Zuke for that. The Suzuki has a hard higher RPM pipe hit similar to a big cammed big block, the CTEC has so much better a lower flatter longer torque curve. It’s deceptively quicker than the Suzuki because it’s so smooth. To 100mph the closet my F7 could get to it in 6 races was one sled length behind. My RR is out of gear at 105mph. I may go to 21/38 if I get bored. 

1 minute ago, bussman said:

It’ll take more time to see if the Cat 800 can live up to the Suzuki in terms of reliability. No 800 even comes close to the Zuke for that. The Suzuki has a hard higher RPM pipe hit similar to a big cammed big block, the CTEC has so much better a lower flatter longer torque curve. It’s deceptively quicker than the Suzuki because it’s so smooth. To 100mph the closet my F7 could get to it in 6 races was one sled length behind. My RR is out of gear at 105mph. I may go to 21/38 if I get bored. 

Dont gear up.....it will go slower. It's an inefficient chassis and the power isnt there. 

If the suzuki would have had 2 or 3 stage power valves it would have felt much more linear

11 minutes ago, bussman said:

Gear it up 1-2 teeth. Do the opposite of what behn would do and it’ll go faster tbh 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

It consistently places 3rd in evaluations so yeah, it's consistent. 

yet still ahead of the mighty liberty 850 in 1000ft . 

and about that alpha where is it placing in the evaluations ? 

13 minutes ago, Tickle Shits said:

Gear it up 1-2 teeth. Do the opposite of what behn would do and it’ll go faster tbh 

It cant even pull any overdrive right now..

Yah...gear it up :lol:

you're daftbh

15 minutes ago, Tickle Shits said:

With a 2.52 pitch I know for a fact gearing it up will make it faster. I’m not swapping out the 2.86 and that’s what’s holding me back. Mixed reviews on that. 

I put the Derlin washer in the secondary and have a Carlisle belt coming. If those two things don’t bring the RPM’s down enough (8500ish last year,  I want 8100) I’ll throw a gram or two in the primary weights. But part of me wants to gear up first if that belt holds better. If your 20’ over revs start where I did. 

Edited by bussman

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It cant even pull any overdrive right now..

Yah...gear it up :lol:

you're daftbh

Most sleds won’t pull OD unless it has huge HP you should gear for 1:1 because after that the clutching becomes very inefficient oops 

With a 2.52 pitch I know for a fact hearing it up will make it faster. I’m not swapping out the 2.86 and that’s what’s holding me back. Mixed reviews on that. 

I put the Derlin washer in the secondary and have a Carlisle belt coming. If those two things don’t bring the RPM’s down enough (8500ish last year,  I want 8100) I’ll throw a gram or two in the primary weights. But part of me wants to gear up first if that belt holds better. If your 20’ over revs start where I did. 

Wtf that’s massively over revving 

throw more helix at it 

2 minutes ago, Tickle Shits said:

Wtf that’s massively over revving 

throw more helix at it 

It’s mostly belt slip, trust me. 

When it doesn’t slip it pulls like a beast. 

I’ve seen 108 on the speedo and never topped it in ideal conditions. For those gears that’s pretty good. 

Edited by bussman

That’s weird 

the couple times I got to open mine up it was right around 8000

Why would it slip from the factory?

Did you glaze the clutches ornis it more arctic cat garbage???

3 minutes ago, Tickle Shits said:

If it’s high everywhere you can try a primary spring with 40 lbs less end load or so 

Best I can tell it’s only when you close on overdrive. The glazing was only towards the top of the primary. 

Edited by bussman