Check your account email address ×

Skidoo 600

f7ben

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

It's amazing to me that people are talking about MPH when ET is what wins the race. 

I will say these sleds all run petty close to each other. I would think whoever runs the best traction products and gets the most out of their clutching will win out on the lakes this winter

The procross and ctec combo likely wont run 100mph....its a dud

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

It's amazing to me that people are talking about MPH when ET is what wins the race. 

I will say these sleds all run petty close to each other. I would think whoever runs the best traction products and gets the most out of their clutching will win out on the lakes this winter

Were they racing? Or just E.T.'s and MPH?

And no E.T. doesn't always win a Race, whoever gets there first wins, saw that many times when guys slept at the lite by a tenth or more.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

And no E.T. doesn't always win a Race, whoever gets there first wins, saw that many times when guys slept at the lite by a tenth or more.

Hence the lowest time gets there first. 

Just now, Anler said:

Hence the lowest time gets there first. 

Not always when side by side racing, example, guy takes off first and doesn't red lite, guy he's racing is sleeping and takes off .10 or .20 late and can't run down to pass the first guy even if his E.T. may have been slightly quicker. Guy who got there first won..

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Not always when side by side racing, example, guy takes off first and doesn't red lite, guy he's racing is sleeping and takes off .10 or .20 late and can't run down to pass the first guy even if his E.T. may have been slightly quicker. Guy who got there first won..

Well in competition racing the guy with the lowest time wins so if you are sleeping at the line that is your own damn fault. These were timed runs so it is what it is. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well in competition racing the guy with the lowest time wins so if you are sleeping at the line that is your own damn fault. These were timed runs so it is what it is. 

No side by side, right?

Edited by XCR1250

Just now, Anler said:

No I never met bob but I did see him ride down the strip on a jet car. 

Ms. Hurst? Linda Vaughn? I have her autograph and many Funny Car and AA/F Dragster guys autographs, I got t know quite a few of them..I knew Bob quite well, was there when  friends of mine re-paved the track, many years ago..I was able to drive a duel front engine Dragster when the track was closed, a friend of mine owned it. Crazy scary contraption.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Ms. Hurst? Linda Vaughn? I have her autograph and many Funny Car and AA/F Dragster guys autographs, I got t know quite a few of them..I knew Bob quite well, was there when  friends of mine re-paved the track, many years ago..I was able to drive a duel front engine Dragster when the track was closed, a friend of mine owned it. Crazy scary contraption.

To be honest I wouldnt remember their names if I met them, drank alot back then and even extra at the races. :lol: One thing I will never forget is all of the mosquitos there. I got ate alive there. 

3 hours ago, Tinker said:

And 148 = 168

Fixed it for ya 

2 hours ago, snopro31 said:

But the doo crossed the line first 

265146211_tenor.gif.cf(13).gif.a29988092fb7ce5b54ae7ea1dc28464b.gif

1 hour ago, Anler said:

skidoo 600 is very regarded

They definitely don't feel like a 600 riding one. 

58 minutes ago, bussman said:

Stock the Cat is quicker than the Poo, faster than the Doo.......as an 800. Good luck when Cat finally builds the same sized engine. :lol: 

1A521531-F3ED-46A4-B528-60D12D0FDB7F.jpeg

You mean like 

d4d31f22eb77f278fc0c65ea8521c10b.jpg.cf_zps4ss8j5nj.jpg.8eeab5a85806cd874699cff2fa8647a8.jpg

:snack:

• Haha 1

Just now, Anler said:

No we just went there for the races. One of my friends used to race his bike there. 

Man, some of those Bikes were nuts.. Another friend of mine raced a Jet Powered Harley, he still races all kinds of Jet stuff from Pickups, School Bus, Peterbuilt Tractor, jet atv, and even a jet outhouse and doghouse. He move to Indianapolis some years back.

6 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Man, some of those Bikes were nuts.. Another friend of mine raced a Jet Powered Harley, he still races all kinds of Jet stuff from Pickups, School Bus, Peterbuilt Tractor, jet atv, and even a jet outhouse and doghouse. He move to Indianapolis some years back.

Yeah he had a suzuki gsxr that ran 9 seconds in the quarter but that was late eighties early nineties. I am sure the newer ones are even faster. i used to love going there and watching the races, havent been there in probably 25 years now if its still open I have no idea. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Yeah he had a suzuki gsxr that ran 9 seconds in the quarter but that was late eighties early nineties. I am sure the newer ones are even faster. i used to love going there and watching the races, havent been there in probably 25 years now if its still open I have no idea. 

Me either, I moved up here almost 29 years ago now and haven't went to any Drags, wouldn't mind going to Brainard sometime, my first Wife was born there..LOL 

55 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I'm going by the results of what the machines are capable of.  

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

I said that. Traction is the key to a good 60 foot.

A Tracks weight and lug height make quite a difference in the top speed, proved that on my Port A Tree..For a couple years I ran a perfectly smooth drag track which weighed only 17 lbs. minus all the studs, used it obviously for 660 foot ice racing only, lost almost .25 when I went back to a 9811 track.