Check your account email address ×

A question for the business types in here...

...so I was going through an old drawer yesterday filled with cuff links and other business “costume jewelry” and ran across an old pen.  Does anybody even use fancy, expensive pens anymore?

....and no, I’m not talking about that $60 Schaefer that can be picked up at Walgreens.  I mean the “big playa” fancy pens.  

Pro tip: if You aren’t sure of what I am talking about, you just slipped into the deep end of the pool by accident.  Back paddle.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

...so I was going through an old drawer yesterday filled with cuff links and other business “costume jewelry” and ran across an old pen.  Does anybody even use fancy, expensive pens anymore?

....and no, I’m not talking about that $60 Schaefer that can be picked up at Walgreens.  I mean the “big playa” fancy pens.  

Pro tip: if You aren’t sure of what I am talking about, you just slipped into the deep end of the pool by accident.  Back paddle.

An old girlfriend once bought me a set with my name on them for a graduation present.  That kinda fancy?:lol:

Or the ones where you have to dip before you write?:lol:

They are sold in the golf section.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

An old girlfriend once bought me a set with my name on them for a graduation present.  That kinda fancy?:lol:

Or the ones where you have to dip before you write?:lol:

They are sold in the golf section.

:lol:

I mean like Montblanc shit.

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Fuck no. The only time I use a pen is to sign shit. In fact my penmanship has gotten so bad from lack of practice that I have converted my signature into an initial loopty loop and a scribbly line. Blue bic pen... 

Edited by Anler

Just now, Anler said:

Fuck no. The only time I use a pen is to sign shit. In fact my penmanship has gotten so bad from lack of practice that I have converted my name into an initial loopty loop and a scribbly line. Blue bic pen... 

Well, that’s exclusively why these pens are for...signing contracts or legal forms.  Not writing home to ma.  The cartridges are too expensive for that!  :lmao:

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Fuck no. The only time I use a pen is to sign shit. In fact my penmanship has gotten so bad from lack of practice that I have converted my signature into an initial loopty loop and a scribbly line. Blue bic pen... 

i only use bic grip rollers and thats because it makes my loop and line so easy to do.  i scribble notes a lot but it's a lot of numbers while calculating things.  With words half the time i go back to read them and it takes me awhile to figure out what they even are.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Well, that’s exclusively why these pens are for...signing contracts or legal forms.  Not writing home to ma.  The cartridges are too expensive for that!  :lmao:

Funny thing too is I have an entire box of blue bic pens on my desk at all times because they seem to walk off. I think everyone in this company has 42 blue bic pens that they stole from my desk... 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

i only use bic grip rollers and thats because it makes my loop and line so easy to do.  i scribble notes a lot but it's a lot of numbers while calculating things.  With words half the time i go back to read them and it takes me awhile to figure out what they even are.  

My note taking is so bad that I have to re-write it if I need to give it to someone else. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i actual email them if i need to give them to anyone else,  even my assistant who sits 15 feet from me.  

Most of my correspondence is thru email or text now. With voice to text I dont even need to type anymore. 

9 minutes ago, frenchy said:

nothing says I'm a douchebag like pulling out the 'ol Montblanc Pen.

You think these are pulled out when you are signing your car loan papers?  If so, you think a pocket protector full of multi colored bics are a common sight in Fortune 500 board rooms where people are wearing off-the-rack suites.

:lmao:

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm pretty sure Z looked at the contents of that drawer and asked "How could I have"?:lol:

Oh, I said that after I purchased this shit.  That’s why I call it “costume jewelry”. It’s just part of the uniform accessory package when working in certain arenas.   

I’m just a mullet wearing, pucky boy from MN that cleans up well and was able to do well on the big stage.  I don’t give a fuck about most of this “look at me” phony fucking crap.

I did a job for VW of America years ago for the execs and the president gave me a real nice pen with the VW logo on it. I was so proud of that thing! :lol: Used it for a while then lost it like all the others.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Edmo said:

I did a job for VW of America years ago for the execs and the president gave me a real nice pen with the VW logo on it. I was so proud of that thing! :lol: Used it for a while then lost it like all the others.

An expensive pen does write real nice thou. Almost a shame that I don't.

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You think these are pulled out when you are signing your car loan papers?  If so, you think a pocket protector full of multi colored bics are a common sight in Fortune 500 board rooms where people are wearing off-the-rack suites.

:lmao:

you said in your initial post 'does anyone use fancy pens anymore', now you're babbling on about Fortune 500 boardroom deals? You're a mess, as usual.

Edited by frenchy

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh, I said that after I purchased this shit.  That’s why I call it “costume jewelry”. It’s just part of the uniform accessory package when working in certain arenas.   

I’m just a mullet wearing, pucky boy from MN that cleans up well and was able to do well on the big stage.  I don’t give a fuck about most of this “look at me” phony fucking crap.

You mean like when working at Barb's Beta Inc?

Just now, frenchy said:

you said in your initial post 'does anyone use fancy pens anymore', now you babbling on about Fortune 500 boardroom deals? You're a mess, as usual.

You jumped in and basically called me a “douche” for owning one

Are you retarded?  

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

You jumped in and basically called me a “douche” for owning one

Are you retarded?  

I didn't call you anything. I said people that pull out fancy montblanc look at me pens are douches, sorry that offends you.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Maybe you can send those cuff links to Frenchy?:lol:

Sounds like he’d need to remove the buttons from his denim shirts and poke holes in the cuffs....but I’m sure he could make them work.

:lol: