Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

12 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

JT's real test will be with Trump if he wants to open NAFTA up - I think USA fared better in the first deal let see if that continues.  Either way it will be interesting to see the outcome and then judge JT on his abilities

I can't see us faring any better w/ the current crop. Just keep Freeland land away from the table. Coming up are the softwood lumber talks. We get screwed on that front every time.

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

all of the above and more - lol I don't put anything in to these stupid surveys but its was fun to post :lol:

The list is a joint venture between the WEF, U.S. News, and the University of Pennsylvania.

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canada-best-country-in-the-world/

I read the link and it's an inaugural list. Since it is the first assessment for these three to put together there isn't a comparison benchmark for 2014 or 2015. So way to go Truedope or sunny ways comments are irrelevant and without basis. I can pull up a multitude of lists from a lot of other much more accredited bodies with a long history for comparison that ranks the countries differently. 

Canada admittedly tends to rank well in comparison to the rest of the world but don't hang your hat on one brand new assessment 

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

JT has already showed his cards and stated he is willing to renegotiate NAFTA when nobody has asked him to.  Real amateur move IMO.

Its Donald's call and JT said if donny wants to we will look at improving it.  Not sure what you expect him to say during their elections.  Really agreements shouldn't be forever in these cases, they will always need tweaking.  We are an asset to USA and they know it, I hope we get a better deal this time

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Canada admittedly tends to rank well in comparison to the rest of the world but don't hang your hat on one brand new assessment 

I think we've ranked in the top 10 as a good place to live over the years regardless of who is in office. Mind you some people freak out if we drop a spot & Finland is better than us.

43 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I read the link and it's an inaugural list. Since it is the first assessment for these three to put together there isn't a comparison benchmark for 2014 or 2015. So way to go Truedope or sunny ways comments are irrelevant and without basis. I can pull up a multitude of lists from a lot of other much more accredited bodies with a long history for comparison that ranks the countries differently. 

lol ya there is more creditable source than THE WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM :lol:   well go find it if Canada failing means that much too you.  I doubt there is anything even close to what these people put together.

This is how they get the results -

http://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/methodology

2015 we were 8th

43 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I think we've ranked in the top 10 as a good place to live over the years regardless of who is in office. Mind you some people freak out if we drop a spot & Finland is better than us.

of course we are, we are a great country not that we would know it by the posts here

13 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

of course we are, we are a great country not that we would know it by the posts here

The place runs itself despite the asshats at the top. 

Before the last municipal election everyone wondered about the unknown challenger to the incumbent. Talking to a fellow sledder in another township about the upcoming elections. I wondered if the challenger had an ulterior motive or why else would he be running. The other sledder gave an example of a candidate in his township. That person was only running because he had landlocked property adjacent to an unopened road allowance.

Fast forward to the challenger's visit to the house. He introduced himself and gave us his spiel. I asked him point blank what was his angle. He said he had no angle, he was running as a concerned taxpayer and was concerned how money was being pissed away (not his words). 

Since his election 2 high placed employees have been terminated & a new CAO has been hired. I'm not sure what happened to the previous CAO.

Some people seem to think Justine has some unknown ability never before possessed to solve the country's problems. I remember when the Liberals picked him to be their leader. He had been an MP for 5 years. "  While Trudeau was seen as a frontrunner for the leadership of the Liberal Party, he was criticized for his perceived lack of substance " Pundits said @ the time that the Liberals were throwing a hail mary & hoping his last name would help.

For someone to say, "budgets will balance themselves" just shows how out of touch he is w/ reality. Anyone who believed that is as dumb as he is. 

29 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

lol ya there is more creditable source than THE WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM :lol:   well go find it if Canada failing means that much too you.  I doubt there is anything even close to what these people put together.

This is how they get the results -

http://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/methodology

2015 we were 8th

You really are off base Fail. There isn't a comparison from the past other than a number of varying results from varying sources. This was the INAUGURAL report. Look the word up Fail, it means first. 

Like I said Canada typically ranks well in the world but to hold this up that it translates to Truedope is doing a good job is laughable. 

On that note the news just commented on how the use of food banks have gone up significantly and more people are having to decide on a roof over their head or groceries. I bet they're singing Sunny ways 

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You really are off base Fail. There isn't a comparison from the past other than a number of varying results from varying sources. This was the INAUGURAL report. Look the word up Fail, it means first. 

Like I said Canada typically ranks well in the world but to hold this up that it translates to Truedope is doing a good job is laughable. 

On that note the news just commented on how the use of food banks have gone up significantly and more people are having to decide on a roof over their head or groceries. I bet they're singing Sunny ways 

The report was Jan 2016, if anything it's a reflection of the previous government(s), nothing to do with sunny ways JT.

• Like 1

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/plan-for-muslim-only-suburb-in-montreal-is-discrimination-quebec-premier-says

He said non-Muslims would be welcome to move into his project of prefabricated homes, but they would have to share the values of their Muslim neighbours.

“You don’t drive drunk on the street. If you want to drink alcohol, you drink it in your house,” he said. Women could choose whether to wear the headscarf but they could not walk around in a halter-top and shorts.

“There must be some modesty in the way you dress. We don’t want women living there going half-naked down the streets. We don’t like that,” he said. “If they want to do that, let them go and live in downtown Montreal.”

So do Muslim values override Canadian values? Buddy, drunk driving is covered by the Criminal Code, no law that I can think of saying a woman or man (hey it's 2016) can't go around wearing a halter top & shorts. Besides toplessness isn't illegal either.

In 24 hours the 3 main political parties in Quebec denounced it. I wonder what the Muslim apologists (read our beloved PM & the CBC) think of this idea?

Edited by revrnd

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

http://www.mykawartha.com/news-story/6967607-manitoba-reserve-needs-pm-to-intervene-chief/

I wonder what the First Nations of Canada think of him jetting off on a weekly basis?

Been without grocery store since Sept. 22!

Where has Sunnybways Trudeau been for 2 months while people he pledged to help are in crisis.

Now, if there is a dead body and photo op to promote his plan for first nations self servig liberal infastructure billion dollar boondoggle Trudeau will be there in 7 minutes.  8 if he needs to stop for 3 selfies with a few East Indian and Afghan MP's. 

6 hours ago, Sksman said:

Been without grocery store since Sept. 22!

Where has Sunnybways Trudeau been for 2 months while people he pledged to help are in crisis.

Now, if there is a dead body and photo op to promote his plan for first nations self servig liberal infastructure billion dollar boondoggle Trudeau will be there in 7 minutes.  8 if he needs to stop for 3 selfies with a few East Indian and Afghan MP's. 

I  hope our Government does something, how about you?  do you really want to help them :dunno:  It wasn't more than a year ago where you guys were posting corruption with Chiefs and Bands - fuck them was the conclusion they get enough.

So what do you expect Trudeau to do? build them a store or just show up and look around

23 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I  hope our Government does something, how about you?  do you really want to help them :dunno:  It wasn't more than a year ago where you guys were posting corruption with Chiefs and Bands - fuck them was the conclusion they get enough.

So what do you expect Trudeau to do? build them a store or just show up and look around

I don't think they will be taking selfies with Zoolander.  They should repair the store but that won't make their lives great again.  What do you think the answer is?

If you ever wondered which side of the political fence you sit on, this is a great indicator!

You can't get any more politically descriptive than this!
This is straightforward thinking.

If a Conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a Conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat. If a Liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life. If a Liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a Conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. If a Liberal is down-and-out he wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a Conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. A Liberal demands that those they don't like be shut down.

If a Conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A Liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it. If a Liberal decides he needs health care, he demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a Conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh. A Liberal will delete it because he's "offended."

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

If you ever wondered which side of the political fence you sit on, this is a great indicator!

If a Conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat. If a Liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life. If a Liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a Conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. If a Liberal is down-and-out he wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a Conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. A Liberal demands that those they don't like be shut down.

If a Conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A Liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it. If a Liberal decides he needs health care, he demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a Conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh. A Liberal will delete it because he's "offended."

Have to add to this.

Liberals changing anal sex laws to please LGBTQ community.:lol:

Major accomplishment Justin.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-names-advisor-on-lgbt-issues-1.3851301

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Have to add to this.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-names-advisor-on-lgbt-issues-1.3851301

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of Canadian voters are thankful of that. Taking a page out of the deflection handbook written by Premier Dad & Seabiscuit.

39 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Have to add to this.

Having a conservative law on the books in the first is wrong - this type of thing still goes on in the States.  Just think Momo want get arrested anymore

48 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Actually most of those are wrong - look South TRUMP will make this the most Christian Leadership in history to quote him.  Sounds like pushing it on others to me.

I guy I know is venting about having lords prayer in schools again, he is so right wing its worst than you guys

And your HEALTH CARE comment is so wrong :nuts: you chain mail poster - who shops for health care holy fuck was that dumb

5 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Having a conservative law on the books in the first is wrong - this type of thing still goes on in the States.  Just think Momo want get arrested anymore

You don't need to worry... it's legal for you since you're already older than 18

A step closer to Sharia law in Canada if this were to happen. Albeit a small step but a step non the less.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/plan-for-muslim-only-suburb-in-montreal-is-discrimination-quebec-premier-says

A Brossard (Montreal) neighbourhood for Muslims or those willing to live by their values.

What he has heard are people who have been renting for 30 years and wish they had something to show for all the money. Although views differ about what Shariah law dictates for Muslims living in a society where mortgages are the norm, many refuse to take out loans that charge interest. “A lot of Muslims have problems with the idea of interest, which in Arabic is called riba,” Warda said. “That means if you pay more than you were loaned, you are doing something that is very, very, very, very bad from the Muslim point of view.”

He said non-Muslims would be welcome to move into his project of prefabricated homes, but they would have to share the values of their Muslim neighbours. “You don’t drive drunk on the street. If you want to drink alcohol, you drink it in your house,” he said. Women could choose whether to wear the headscarf but they could not walk around in a halter-top and shorts. “There must be some modesty in the way you dress. We don’t want women living there going half-naked down the streets. We don’t like that,” he said. “If they want to do that, let them go and live in downtown Montreal.”