Check your account email address ×

Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

18 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Trudeau a good stance on the Israel and Donny thing ( what a knob Trump is)

Trudeau looks to have messed up with China for now, although no deal won't really change anything we buy from them.

He just did what the previous presidents have promised to do and failed to follow through on.

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

He just did what the previous presidents have promised to do and failed to follow through on.

They took the smart way unlike what happened yesterday

We are all aware the USA loves to stir the pot no matter the governing body

Donny just escalated  the mid-east conflict and took the USA out of all peace talks - what a retard

14 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

They took the smart way unlike what happened yesterday

We are all aware the USA loves to stir the pot no matter the governing body

Donny just escalated  the mid-east conflict and took the USA out of all peace talks - what a retard

Hmm.. he's a retard and you bow at the feet of Trudope. He's stupid enough to keep trying to impose his personal beliefs on gender etc. on foreign countries, like China under the guise of a trade agreement. Then he wonders why he doesn't make the progress he would like with China.

We need them more than they need us.

Canada exported $16.3 billion worth of merchandise to China in 2011, and imported more than $48 billion. They have much more of what we want than we have of what they want.

30 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Hmm.. he's a retard and you bow at the feet of Trudope. He's stupid enough to keep trying to impose his personal beliefs on gender etc. on foreign countries, like China under the guise of a trade agreement. Then he wonders why he doesn't make the progress he would like with China.

Canada exported $16.3 billion worth of merchandise to China in 2011, and imported more than $48 billion. They have much more of what we want than we have of what they want.

as stated Trudeau fumbled the ball, not sure why you are babbling on - oh wait ole long wind likes it

Donny is going to get people killed, Trudeau and Canada isn't really going that route

Nothing will change in what we buy from China

50 minutes ago, 02sled said:

That large trade deficit is exactly why the dummy should have focused on trade only, and not attempt to impose his social justice mantra onto the Chinese. He clearly has no idea when it comes to how China works. being we have decided to allow them to make our goods, we already accept the fact we are party to the human rights abuse that goes on there. Either shut off all trade, or attempt to balance that deficit. Clearly he is so stupid that the choice he made compromises his ideals, changes nothing there, and still leaves us with an extreme trade deficit. I think Trudeau is actually so simple minded and wrapped up in his own self importance that he thought he could influence the communist government of China and have them completely restructure their economy just to appease him personally. Simply put, the man is unfit to lead this country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 02sled said:

What did we export to China?

Raw materials?

Then buy back cheap finished product?

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

What did we export to China?

Raw materials?

Then buy back cheap finished product?

In a nutshell, commodities and natural resources.

"Mineral products" made up $4 billion — or 25 per cent — of Canadian exports to China in 2011. The major items include nickel, copper and in recent years potash, which is used in the manufacture of fertilizer.

China is also a major buyer of our wood and paper products, which accounted for $1.4 billion in 2011, as well as fish products and oilseeds like canola.

Manufactured goods make up the bulk of what we import. The single biggest category is mechanical appliances and electrical equipment — in April alone, we imported $1.7 billion worth of consumer items like washer/dryers and DVD players from China.

In that same month, we also imported over $440 million worth of other consumer goods, including toys and clothing.

Other major imports include plastics and rubber, as well as rare earth metals (like yttrium and cerium), which are used in the manufacture of hybrid cars, plasma screens and portable computers.

9 hours ago, Muskoka Rider said:

That large trade deficit is exactly why the dummy should have focused on trade only, and not attempt to impose his social justice mantra onto the Chinese. He clearly has no idea when it comes to how China works. being we have decided to allow them to make our goods, we already accept the fact we are party to the human rights abuse that goes on there. Either shut off all trade, or attempt to balance that deficit. Clearly he is so stupid that the choice he made compromises his ideals, changes nothing there, and still leaves us with an extreme trade deficit. I think Trudeau is actually so simple minded and wrapped up in his own self importance that he thought he could influence the communist government of China and have them completely restructure their economy just to appease him personally. Simply put, the man is unfit to lead this country.

The theme on the news is that the Chinese did not want to be lectured about their internal affairs. How the Shiny Pony figures he can talk down to them is mind boggling. If our traded deficit is so bad according to O2's stats, why do we need a free trade agreement. Everything you pick up in Home Depot, Crappy Tire or WallyMart is made there. What are the alternatives for the goods?

On a note about his speaking style I noticed a couple of times this week that after answering a question, he nodded & had a half-assed grin on his face like he was really pleased w/ himself. As if to say, "Look Mom I said it without messing up".

2 minutes ago, revrnd said:

The theme on the news is that the Chinese did not want to be lectured about their internal affairs. How the Shiny Pony figures he can talk down to them is mind boggling. If our traded deficit is so bad according to O2's stats, why do we need a free trade agreement. Everything you pick up in Home Depot, Crappy Tire or WallyMart is made there. What are the alternatives for the goods?

On a note about his speaking style I noticed a couple of times this week that after answering a question, he nodded & had a half-assed grin on his face like he was really pleased w/ himself. As if to say, "Look Mom I said it without messing up".

Slapping tariffs on tools would be a good start. Tools are easily made here. I would prefer a tool made here that is quality and would last a lifetime. I will pay more. A tariff would allow us to produce these types of tools, and the cheap garbage from china would cost the same. This would force them to stop making crap to compete, they would be forced to make quality.  They need our resources far more than we need their dollar store garbage. Those white metal drop forged garbage wrenches they sell to us is just that, junk. Use it and it snaps in half. Oh well, that wrench was only 2 bucks so just buy another, or pay 15 bucks and buy one then pass it on to your grandkids  .I have tools my dad gave me, still work as new and are fifty years or older. Our society can only function as a consumer only economy for so long. eventually China will dump its US dollar holdings and bring down the western economy. War by economics will be a real thing in fifty years or less if this current course we are on is not corrected.

• Thanks 1

China companies have bought up Canadian mines.  Canadian construction companies recently  

Whatelse?

Shinny pony should be worried about Canada and protecting Canadian jobs.  Not trying to get a United Nations job when his term is done in 2019  

10 minutes ago, Sksman said:

China companies have bought up Canadian mines.  Canadian construction companies recently  

Whatelse?

Shinny pony should be worried about Canada and protecting Canadian jobs.  Not trying to get a United Nations job when his term is done in 2019  

AECON

17 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

Slapping tariffs on tools would be a good start. Tools are easily made here. I would prefer a tool made here that is quality and would last a lifetime. I will pay more. A tariff would allow us to produce these types of tools, and the cheap garbage from china would cost the same. This would force them to stop making crap to compete, they would be forced to make quality.  They need our resources far more than we need their dollar store garbage. Those white metal drop forged garbage wrenches they sell to us is just that, junk. Use it and it snaps in half. Oh well, that wrench was only 2 bucks so just buy another, or pay 15 bucks and buy one then pass it on to your grandkids  .I have tools my dad gave me, still work as new and are fifty years or older. Our society can only function as a consumer only economy for so long. eventually China will dump its US dollar holdings and bring down the western economy. War by economics will be a real thing in fifty years or less if this current course we are on is not corrected.

But the average schmuck doesn't want to pay 120 bucks for a good set of files. A friend's father asked me years ago about the files I used @ work. I told him not the crap you buy @ a hardware store.

6 hours ago, revrnd said:

But the average schmuck doesn't want to pay 120 bucks for a good set of files. A friend's father asked me years ago about the files I used @ work. I told him not the crap you buy @ a hardware store.

In the construction industry where i sell products to the contractors buy alot of wear parts.  There are many different brands of carbide teeth.  And you can get good quality North American branded.  Good quality European teeth.  Or a quality Chinese tooth.   Or garbage Chinese teeth.

When the Chinese teeth first came to the market some suppliers made a killing selling the junk for big bucks.  Some companies still buy the cheap junk.

Unfortunately it takes alot of education to teach a purchasing department at some companies that just because a picture looks the same the performance is not.  

• Thanks 1

The Chinese will make whatever level of quality that their customers want. If the customer signing the contract wants a wrench that will last 100 years (for a trade person perhaps) that is what they get. However if they make and sell that grade of wrench, there is a finite market. Once the consumer has one they won't buy another. Eventually demand for the product dries up. Once that happens no demand, no sales, no jobs, no company in business. They're bread and butter is the average guy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 02sled said:

The Chinese will make whatever level of quality that their customers want. If the customer signing the contract wants a wrench that will last 100 years (for a trade person perhaps) that is what they get. However if they make and sell that grade of wrench, there is a finite market. Once the consumer has one they won't buy another. Eventually demand for the product dries up. Once that happens no demand, no sales, no jobs, no company in business. They're bread and butter is the average guy

Unfortunately, that is the mentality of outsourcing labour and manufacturing. We have been conditioned to accept cheap garbage as the norm, and to simply toss it away and buy another. We do not have to live this way, and never did prior to discovering we could use cheap labour and garbage materials to become a consumer based society that produces nothing and has only one purpose, consume garbage goods that have no quality. The average guy would in fact buy quality if it were made here and was offered on a broad scale by cutting off the crap that floods us from China. Once you enter into the use of quality materials and quality manufacturing process, the cheap labour has much less impact on the final price of an item. Factor in shipping from China and the cost is near zero to make it here over outsourcing. I fully support tariffs to cut the Chinese off from sucking us dry. Yes, an entire generation would be in shock if they could no longer buy a pair of pants for $12.00, but so what, in the long run, only trading with countries that are equal to or very near to our pay scales and laws regarding labour and environment will be better  for everyone and not just a select few that enrich themselves at the long term expense of our way of life. The course we are on is one that can only lead to our economic collapse. A country cannot continue to prosper over the long term consuming more than they produce, eventually the debt created must be reconciled, and when that happens it will be devastating to all.

34 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

Unfortunately, that is the mentality of outsourcing labour and manufacturing. We have been conditioned to accept cheap garbage as the norm, and to simply toss it away and buy another. We do not have to live this way, and never did prior to discovering we could use cheap labour and garbage materials to become a consumer based society that produces nothing and has only one purpose, consume garbage goods that have no quality. The average guy would in fact buy quality if it were made here and was offered on a broad scale by cutting off the crap that floods us from China. Once you enter into the use of quality materials and quality manufacturing process, the cheap labour has much less impact on the final price of an item. Factor in shipping from China and the cost is near zero to make it here over outsourcing. I fully support tariffs to cut the Chinese off from sucking us dry. Yes, an entire generation would be in shock if they could no longer buy a pair of pants for $12.00, but so what, in the long run, only trading with countries that are equal to or very near to our pay scales and laws regarding labour and environment will be better  for everyone and not just a select few that enrich themselves at the long term expense of our way of life. The course we are on is one that can only lead to our economic collapse. A country cannot continue to prosper over the long term consuming more than they produce, eventually the debt created must be reconciled, and when that happens it will be devastating to all.

Not so sure about the sustainability of a company that sells product X that lasts 100 years. Once everyone has a product X who is left to buy product X in enough volume to sustain the existence of the company or the jobs of the employees. Especially for things that don't really change, like a wrench for example.

It's not so much about outsourcing the labour and manufacturing. You can get as good a quality from China as you can from anywhere else. It's just a matter of what level of quality the company that is paying to have it manufactured wants to receive from China. In many cases they can produce even better quality than you will get domestically if that is what their customer wants. Most of their manufacturing plants are now using the latest technology in the manufacturing process which also gives them an edge on the costs where many of our plants are using older dated technology due to the cost to replace it.

In a way I may be an example. I have a 36 inch JVC TV with a picture tube. I just can't bring myself to replace it since it just keeps on working flawlessly. End result I'm not buying a replacement. Many business models are very reliant on built in obsolescence for their sustainability.

Edited by 02sled

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Not so sure about the sustainability of a company that sells product X that lasts 100 years. Once everyone has a product X who is left to buy product X in enough volume to sustain the existence of the company or the jobs of the employees. Especially for things that don't really change, like a wrench for example.

In a way I may be an example. I have a 36 inch JVC TV with a picture tube. I just can't bring myself to replace it since it just keeps on working flawlessly. End result I'm not buying a replacement. Many business models are very reliant on built in obsolescence for their sustainability.

How did companies in the past survive prior when they did in fact produce what we called durable goods? Clearly if we went back to this type of economy, changes in our habit would force changes in business models. Being we had many companies that were able to thrive in that market, we could certainly assume they could do so again. It would not be the same companies we see now thriving in the disposable goods market. Obviously this will not ever happen, and I am sure we will have a final collapse of western free market economies that changes the world forever and plunges us into a deep economic depression that governments cannot print their way out of.

22 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

How did companies in the past survive prior when they did in fact produce what we called durable goods? Clearly if we went back to this type of economy, changes in our habit would force changes in business models. Being we had many companies that were able to thrive in that market, we could certainly assume they could do so again. It would not be the same companies we see now thriving in the disposable goods market. Obviously this will not ever happen, and I am sure we will have a final collapse of western free market economies that changes the world forever and plunges us into a deep economic depression that governments cannot print their way out of.

That hay day was post war both WW1 and 2 where there was a massive demand for products by those returning from war and a rapidly growing population creating a demand. When that growth and demand stagnates what do you do. It was an era primarily of unprecedented dramatic change in industrialization, the growth of essentially new industries, automotive, electronics and much more. Even with more durable goods i.e. tools you saw so much of it as hand tools that would simply get worn out by the person using it day in day out even though it was durable. The guy building that early period car on the assembly line turned that screwdriver by hand.

58 minutes ago, 02sled said:

That hay day was post war both WW1 and 2 where there was a massive demand for products by those returning from war and a rapidly growing population creating a demand. When that growth and demand stagnates what do you do. It was an era primarily of unprecedented dramatic change in industrialization, the growth of essentially new industries, automotive, electronics and much more. Even with more durable goods i.e. tools you saw so much of it as hand tools that would simply get worn out by the person using it day in day out even though it was durable. The guy building that early period car on the assembly line turned that screwdriver by hand.

A rare moment when 02sled posts up something bang on

although cars today last far longer than before most other stuff like washing machines and other appliances don't.  Part of this is due to power savings ect.  Old fridge works well but hogs hydro 

We don't need to make hammers to have an economy

There are many chinese factories that advertise as manufacturers but are really just wholesalers.

A few of my business connections who buy parts from China have toured around and went to suppliers where they walk into a huge building that is the same building as in the business advertising and the warehouse is completely empty.  No manufacturing.  No stock. Except for one or two desks with a couple people answering the phone.  

They all have someone else build product and ship direct to customers.

And yes 02sled there is some very good product built in China.  Also crap.

No different then anywhere else.  North America included.

No prices on the  full size sleds. I recall checking out the site a few years ago & seeing an 80s Polaris clone w/ a 650 cc 4 stroke motor. I think the motor was rated @ 45 HP LOL

http://www.made-in-china.com/productdirectory.do?word=snowmobile&subaction=hunt&style=b&mode=and&comProvince=nolimit&order=0&isOpenCorrection=1&code=3120000000&log_from=1

Milling machine endmills are a product that have a wide range of quality. Name brand stuff that is pricy for the hobbyist, or the no name stuff on eBay that is cheap, but pretty much dull after 1 job.

Surprised nobody had commented on him or are people in wheel chairs off limits?

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/hehr-apologizes-pledges-to-do-better-after-new-complaint-from-calgary-mom-1.3711254

"When speaking to people I tend to be very straightforward; however, I understand my comments can be brash and sometimes even inappropriate," Hehr said as he read a written statement.

"I regret my comments and I sincerely apologize. As I've said before, I'm committed to taking steps to better myself."

WTF? If that's the case, I'm surprised he hasn't been called out before this incident & his comments to the thalidomide victims:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/thalidomide-survivors-say-degraded-insulted-by-disabilities-minister-kent-hehr-1.3707856

The minister said, "'You don't have it as bad today as adults as you did when you were kids,"' Sampson quoted the minister as saying, along with, "'everyone in Canada has a sob story. Lots of people have it bad in Canada-- disabled people, poor people, not just you."'

14 minutes ago, revrnd said:

No prices on the  full size sleds. I recall checking out the site a few years ago & seeing an 80s Polaris clone w/ a 650 cc 4 stroke motor. I think the motor was rated @ 45 HP LOL

http://www.made-in-china.com/productdirectory.do?word=snowmobile&subaction=hunt&style=b&mode=and&comProvince=nolimit&order=0&isOpenCorrection=1&code=3120000000&log_from=1

Milling machine endmills are a product that have a wide range of quality. Name brand stuff that is pricy for the hobbyist, or the no name stuff on eBay that is cheap, but pretty much dull after 1 job.

Surprised nobody had commented on him or are people in wheel chairs off limits?

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/hehr-apologizes-pledges-to-do-better-after-new-complaint-from-calgary-mom-1.3711254

WTF? If that's the case, I'm surprised he hasn't been called out before this incident & his comments to the thalidomide victims:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/thalidomide-survivors-say-degraded-insulted-by-disabilities-minister-kent-hehr-1.3707856

When you decide to make an mp a minister because he is a cripple, this is the outcome. You get an idiot that cannot do the job, but the bright side is you hired a cripple.

7 minutes ago, Muskoka Rider said:

When you decide to make an mp a minister because he is a cripple, this is the outcome. You get an idiot that cannot do the job, but the bright side is you hired a cripple.

You sound like a Gruppenführer (group leader) that I worked for. The department had put in a req' for another tool & die maker and they sent a journeyman that even w/ a 'built up' boot he still had a very bad limp. 

(With a heavy German accent)

"We put in a requisition for a body and they send us a fucking cripple".  

3 minutes ago, revrnd said:

You sound like a Gruppenführer (group leader) that I worked for. The department had put in a req' for another tool & die maker and they sent a journeyman that even w/ a 'built up' boot he still had a very bad limp. 

(With a heavy German accent)

"We put in a requisition for a body and they send us a fucking cripple".  

lol