Check your account email address ×

Why does everyone say that Indian bikes are better than Harley

Rod

24 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have just never liked my feet out in fr of me . not a cruiser guy never have been . I have never owned a Harley or Indian but have ridden many . just not my thing . I have a few old Hondas and a old bsa and a old kawwi . I sold my Ktm 390 this summer and I will say that was prob my fav bike to date not even close to the fastest but most fun to flip around .

I did pick up a retro looking top heavy bike a few mo ago . prob sell it come spring .every old man comes walking over every time I get gas to tell me how they had a triumph back in the day like I give a fuck lol

20190628_124654.jpg

20190628_124535.jpg

You should give a fuck cause in 30 years you will too.

14 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Buy a European/ jap bike.

Fuck that, buy American. The Indians are great bikes.

14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

The Harley will hold it's value better then the Indian.

Not true, have you looked at used Harley's lately? The market is flooded.

2 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Yeah all the 60 year old guys that bought em ten years ago are dropping like flies. 

harleys drop 30-50 percent from sticker depending on how many accessories you got rooked into buying and financing in.  When i was looking for a street glide there was a guy who traded his in with 3k miles and  5k+worth of accessories to buy a new 38k CVO bike,  some just have money to burn.  Buy a 2 year old one then the depreciation after thats pretty good

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

harleys drop 30-50 percent from sticker depending on how many accessories you got rooked into buying and financing in.  When i was looking for a street glide there was a guy who traded his in with 3k miles and  5k+worth of accessories to buy a new 38k CVO bike,  some just have money to burn.  Buy a 2 year old one then the depreciation after thats pretty good

Harley’s stopped holding their value several years ago. It’s a glut out there right now. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

I did notice dyna's are going quite cheap lately

This discussion comes up almost weekly here. weekend mornings crack me up as four or five of us are out bright and early in the drivways prepping for the days rides, in diferent directions  lol.   the guy up the road still hasent gotten past the wheelie/ burn out stage so hes on crotch rocket rice,fast as shit but still at the deathwish stage.no concernes for comfort.   I have a 2018 FLHX/street glide fairly well accessorized at this point.  i love it, comfortable, plenty of power and smooth and steady on the hiway.  the guy to the left across the street has a 17 gold wing, with EVERything it could have on it. the guy directly across the street has a 17 harley ultra/ limited fairly well equipped and is a ride captain for some club that really rides,  a lot!  he swears by the bike over his last couple big jap cruisers. then the guy two doors down from me has a 2018 Indian cheif, loaded up,  nice blue paint.   the Indian is cool looking but the faring is sorta goofy imo, they did make the bags larger this year so they fit the bikes look much better than in the past. and having options with either the classic front fender or not is a huge plus imo. the owner traded in his harley for it after being taiked into a test drive, he says in leaps and bounds its a better ride than his last four Harleys...? Hes constantly saying i should test ride a new one, i would trade up right away..   the goldwing guy rides 4k a year and thinks hes a serious rider.. that thing mights well be a car,,,one could prolly spend 10 hours a day on it and suffer no fatigue. nice for touring no doubt!

it comes down to what type of riding you plan on doing  imo

Edited by old indy