Check your account email address ×

how to?

13 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You can use Dropbox or Google Drive etc with a share link.

I'm trying a site right now, taking forever to download a 4 minute video from the Cam. Not real computer savvy..LOL

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I'm trying a site right now, taking forever to download a 4 minute video from the Cam. Not real computer savvy..LOL

Me neither....wish I could help more. Using a hosting site or cloud based, if that's correct terminology, seems like it would be best. At work we use FTP types set ups a with our large files. 

If you're dash cam has an SD card some laptops have a slot to insert the SD card into. Then open Windows Explorer and look for the SD card. Find the file and do a save as to your hard drive. Select the format you want to save it in. Typically there is one that is compatible in Windows Media Player. Once on the hard drive attach it to your email.

Edited by 02sled

11 minutes ago, 02sled said:

If you're dash cam has an SD card some laptops have a slot to insert the SD card into. Then open Windows Explorer and look for the SD card. Find the file and do a save as to your hard drive. Select the format you want to save it in. Typically there is one that is compatible in Windows Media Player. Once on the hard drive attach it to your email.

Its 500MB, you can't attach it to your Email.  You need to put it into a cloud and create a download link and give someone shared access to it.

Also most cameras will let you access them as a drive.

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its 500MB, you can't attach it to your Email.  You need to put it into a cloud and create a download link and give someone shared access to it.

Also most cameras will let you access them as a drive.

You may be able to access the camera as a drive when connected through a cable but I would want to do a Save As and try changing the format then try to zip it first. You may be able to compress it enough. I haven't done much in the way of sending email attachments outside of the corporate email systems I have worked on and we didn't have a limit on the size or if we did it was so large I never encountered a problem. The format you choose as a Save As may well change the bit count.

Edited by 02sled

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You may be able to access the camera as a drive when connected through a cable but I would want to do a Save As and try changing the format then try to zip it first. You may be able to compress it enough. I haven't done much in the way of sending email attachments outside of the corporate email systems I have worked on and we didn't have a limit on the size or if we did it was so large I never encountered a problem. The format you choose as a Save As may well change the byte count.

You can't do a SaveAs to convert say a .MOV format file to .MP4, you need to go through a Video Converter.  That is not necessary as you just obtain the Codec and your good to go. Most Email systems won't let you attach more than 20meg and video is already compressed.

Here is a link to using DropBox/GoogleDrive/OneDrive to generate a link.  Dropbox makes it the easiest.

http://www.syncwithtech.org/2014/09/direct-download-link.html

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You can't do a SaveAs to convert say a .MOV format file to .MP4, you need to go through a Video Converter.  That is not necessary as you just obtain the Codec and your good to go. Most Email systems won't let you attach more than 20meg and video is already compressed.

Here is a link to using DropBox/GoogleDrive/OneDrive to generate a link.  Dropbox makes it the easiest.

http://www.syncwithtech.org/2014/09/direct-download-link.html

:lol: and he claims to be top in his field of IT' :lol: 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol: and he claims to be top in his field of IT' :lol: 

Yeah I've never been able to save as and convert a video format.   I'm not sure what 02 is going on. 

Go to "My channel" in youtube, click on video manager, click on edit of the video you want to share, click share arrow on top right corner of video, then either right click url and copy/save/share... or choose facebook, twitter, or more.... more will open video with share link highlighted....

4 hours ago, Polarissledder said:

Go to "My channel" in youtube, click on video manager, click on edit of the video you want to share, click share arrow on top right corner of video, then either right click url and copy/save/share... or choose facebook, twitter, or more.... more will open video with share link highlighted....

Ok, thanks, I'll try that, Took 1 hour 12 minutes to download a 5 minute video to You Tube, know any faster way?

Edited by XCR1250