Check your account email address ×

Daimler says that it is stopping development of new internal combustion engines to focus on electric cars

spin_dry

• Gold Member

Only 1 production car has lapped the ring faster the the Electric NIO EP9....  not a single American manufacture can build a faster car with ICE.  ICE vehicles have reached there peak and aren’t all that impressive when compared to electric. 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Battery packs are few hundred pounds so swapping one is not really an option. Solid state battery tech is promising for quick charge times. Tesla’s aren’t too bad. 30 minutes to get to 80% at a super charger station. Getting to 100% takes quite longer, but it’s not recommended to 100%. 

So drive 5 hours, take a 30 minute break, drive for 4.  That's not terrible road tripping. 

Raped Asshole won't jump on board until you can drive 50 hours, charge 3 minutest and drive for 40. 

Luddites like him were still riding horses in the 60's calling the automobile a fad. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

So drive 5 hours, take a 30 minute break, drive for 4.  That's not terrible road tripping. 

Raped Asshole won't jump on board until you can drive 50 hours, charge 3 minutest and drive for 40. 

Luddites like him were still riding horses in the 60's calling the automobile a fad. 

Sludgy won’t jump on board until GM sells one to him.  At that point he will realize how inferior the small block Chevy really is.

7 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Sludgy won’t jump on board until GM sells one to him.  At that point he will realize how inferior the small block Chevy really is.

You know there is progress in EV's when they are being discussed on here as viable. 

Two years ago everyone here thought Musk was the devil and  all EV's were just Prius's in disguise. 

I think a cheap way to get into trucks would be to make a typical two wheel drive ice truck that can pull 10,000lbs. Then instead of 4x4 put electric motors on the front and a battery in the box.  60 mile range is good for most commutes. have the awd kick in when the rear tires slip.  I bet most trust spend their days commuting less than 60 miles.  That would be a huge fuel savings and you'd still be able to pull a trailer. 

You know there is progress in EV's when they are being discussed on here as viable. 

Two years ago everyone here thought Musk was the devil and  all EV's were just Prius's in disguise. 

I think a cheap way to get into trucks would be to make a typical two wheel drive ice truck that can pull 10,000lbs. Then instead of 4x4 put electric motors on the front and a battery in the box.  60 mile range is good for most commutes. have the awd kick in when the rear tires slip.  I bet most trust spend their days commuting less than 60 miles.  That would be a huge fuel savings and you'd still be able to pull a trailer. 

Do you own an ev or put any cashable gic investments in clean energy?

Didn't think so.

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Musk would have something if he would put a small ICE generator in his cars.  Pure electric would and will always suck for the long journey.  Majority though don’t do all that long of a journey.

a 1/2 ton size FWD based pickup with an small 300 hp turbo 4 cylinder....  18 gallon gas tank.   where the center counsel, transmission and rear drive shaft would normally be with a 25-30 kw battery pack would reside with a 100 hp motor out back.  At .7 to .8 kwh a mile consumption you would have between 30-40 miles of pure ev range.  Would take 4-5 hours to fill the battery pack at home with a 240 volt 30 amp plug.

Wouldn’t be limited on range at all and would be way more powerful and better performing then any current 1/2 ton truck

Edited by BOHICA

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Musk would have something if he would put a small ICE generator in his cars.  Pure electric would and will always suck for the long journey.  Majority though don’t do all that long of a journey.

a 1/2 ton size FWD based pickup with an small 300 hp turbo 4 cylinder....  18 gallon gas tank.   where the center counsel, transmission and rear drive shaft would normally be with a 25-30 kw battery pack would reside with a 100 hp motor out back.  At .7 to .8 kwh a mile consumption you would have between 30-40 miles of pure ev range.  Would take 4-5 hours to fill the battery pack at home with a 240 volt 30 amp plug.

Wouldn’t be limited on range at all and would be way more powerful and better performing then any current 1/2 ton truck

Yeah. That would work great and would probably have me spending 70% of my time on electric without giving up performance.

• Gold Member
Just now, revkevsdi said:

Yeah. That would work great and would probably have me spending 70% of my time on electric without giving up performance.

My plugin suv is sitting at 47.1 mpg.  Pretty darn good for a 400 hp sub 5 second 0-60 mph suv.  If it had another 10-15 miles of range it would prolly be sitting at triple digit fuel economy numbers.  A 1/2 pickup with with 30-40 mile range I would prolly be on electric 90%+ of the time.

6DA72018-42D3-462D-9EE2-B816A4783B1A.jpeg

23 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Do you own an ev or put any cashable gic investments in clean energy?

Didn't think so.

Waiting for a truck. Hoping my roof lasts until Tesla's roof shingles or a reasonable alternative are more viable.  Makes no sense to get rid of perfectly good shingles.

We were discussing Bullfrog power recently and might go that route as well.

Now how about you go eat a bag a dicks in shithole Woodbridge.

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

My plugin suv is sitting at 47.1 mpg.  Pretty darn good for a 400 hp sub 5 second 0-60 mph suv.  If it had another 10-15 miles of range it would prolly be sitting at triple digit fuel economy numbers.  A 1/2 pickup with with 30-40 mile range I would prolly be on electric 90%+ of the time.

Yeah, they have come a long way.  People would be stupid not to consider them.

Waiting for a truck. Hoping my roof lasts until Tesla's roof shingles or a reasonable alternative are more viable.  Makes no sense to get rid of perfectly good shingles.

We were discussing Bullfrog power recently and might go that route as well.

Now how about you go eat a bag a dicks in shithole Woodbridge.

Bullfrog.  :lol::lol:

Save the rainforest  :lol:

Oh, didn't think so.

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Not too shabby...

What's the power like when on electric?

4 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

This is how the Polish get a rep for being........ let's be kind.....less than intellectual equals.

Take a ride in one....you'll cry and be babbling about the first time you tasted lobster or saw a pussy. They are that good!!!11

Edited by f7ben

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Not too shabby...

What's the power like when on electric?

It will accelerate sufficient enough and run up to 85 mph on pure electric.  Most stoplight driving it accelerate on electric just as fast as other traffic does.  If it needs to accelerate faster the ICE kicks on when needed and then shuts off.  

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Build be one that can pull 63.5 metric tonnes, weighs less than 12,000 lbs,  can drive 800 miles on a charge and takes 10 minutes fully charge