Check your account email address ×

How did this happen

Snake

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Damn, real estate by region is amazing.   That wouldn't dream of drawing over a million anywhere around me.  

That is an 8000 sq ft house....  what’s the dollar amount per square foot in your area.   That is prolly go for $200-250 a sq ft in my area at least.  But definitely not 4 million

Edited by BOHICA

They put an extra flat truss here where it needed to be a cathedral truss for the garage door track to go up. The way they had it, the garage door wouldn't have been able to go up with a vehicle on the lift (coming soon)  

IMG_20190917_221107886.thumb.jpg.fcec429606b6c0928e9b6833c3eaaa3d.jpg

Should have went here instead

IMG_20190917_221143739.thumb.jpg.3efcd46c1bbc3b8f7d6db1157ec37dc9.jpg

This is what I ended up with 

IMG_20190917_221209236.thumb.jpg.e9b39f5a95695dfe8578269c016a2ff5.jpg

Should have been more overhang there and my lights would have been out further and over my work bench area more.  It's not horrible, but not what I wanted and not what it was supposed to bed.  Unfortunately I had others things going on and I didn't catch it until after the rough  was done and the roof was on and the were getting ready to shingle.  

5 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Correct. But someone making $200k isn't wealthy. They are upper middle class. People who earn a grand or more before I eat lunch are wealthy

What do you consider, FLAT OUT RICH? What is their TNW???

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Not me. Selling the country home and all that acreage was so freeing. At my age I have no desire to spend my retirement mowing, blowing leaves, and pulling weeds. 10 minutes if yard work per week and I’m outta there. 

Holy shit, that's ME!!!!!!!!!!    :wtf:

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, BOHICA said:

That is an 8000 sq ft house....  what’s the dollar amount per square foot in your area.   That is prolly go for $200-250 a sq ft in my area at least.  But definitely not 4 million

I seen an 6000 ft (main floor and upper only had a full basement) fully custom full log home on the bluff overlooking the Mississippi river with over 100 acres go for under $2 million.  It was a fucking amazing home.   That was an exceptional case however.  

Away from big cities and the market generally has a cap.   Build too expensive of home and you might take it in the ass selling it.  On resale anything over $200-250 sq. foot is pushing the market.   Can't necessarily build for that.  

Rec land value is skyrocketing.   I have under $2300 acre in mine and its easily worth over $4000 an acre right now so acreages can drive up the price.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2918-Orchard-View-Ln-NE-Iowa-City-IA-52240/76777322_zpid/?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3012-Forest-Gate-Cir-NE-Iowa-City-IA-52240/93873326_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/34-Redbud-Pl-Iowa-City-IA-52246/76767400_zpid/?mmlb=g,9

Edited by Highmark

9 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

They put an extra flat truss here where it needed to be a cathedral truss for the garage door track to go up. The way they had it, the garage door wouldn't have been able to go up with a vehicle on the lift (coming soon)  

IMG_20190917_221107886.thumb.jpg.fcec429606b6c0928e9b6833c3eaaa3d.jpg

Should have went here instead

IMG_20190917_221143739.thumb.jpg.3efcd46c1bbc3b8f7d6db1157ec37dc9.jpg

This is what I ended up with 

IMG_20190917_221209236.thumb.jpg.e9b39f5a95695dfe8578269c016a2ff5.jpg

Should have been more overhang there and my lights would have been out further and over my work bench area more.  It's not horrible, but not what I wanted and not what it was supposed to bed.  Unfortunately I had others things going on and I didn't catch it until after the rough  was done and the roof was on and the were getting ready to shingle.  

Hope that's spiderwebs and not mold?  :pc:

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Hope that's spiderwebs and not mold?  :pc:

:lol:  fucking spiders in the garage are such a pain in the ass.  I cleaned all my walls last weekend and in the 3 hours between paint coat #1 and #2 they were already back.  i should have sprayed to kill all of them before i painted the walls.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

:lol:  fucking spiders in the garage are such a pain in the ass.  I cleaned all my walls last weekend and in the 3 hours between paint coat #1 and #2 they were already back.  i should have sprayed to kill all of them before i painted the walls.  

There's some spider spray's out there that are pretty good.   Guy who own's our docks sprays in the spring and we don't see one all summer.   Not sure what they use.

Ever try Hedge apples?   My wife seems to think they work good.  

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Are you serious? They never bother me or is it just because you see them? You sound like a woman, ooohh nooo, spider!!! :lol:

6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Are you serious? They never bother me or is it just because you see them? You sound like a woman, ooohh nooo, spider!!! :lol:

no they just make webs everywhere and because my garage faces the normal wind direction they get all the blowing dirt and leaves in them and look like shit.  I want the garage to look clean and neat it's why i am taking all the open shelves out that the wife clutters up and giving her 1 closed cabinet on her side. 

2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Lol, year they're spider webs.  Haven't taken care of them yet this year.  

Well they are more attractive than that Ford sign.  :lol:  :poke:

7 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Flat out rich is when someone can go buy a yaght or a plane without even thinking about it.

Rich or wealthy in America is considered having a TOTAL NET WORTH of 2.4 million +.  

Yacht and planes would be considered super-rich. Yeah, that's flat-out rich. 

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

no they just make webs everywhere and because my garage faces the normal wind direction they get all the blowing dirt and leaves in them and look like shit.  I want the garage to look clean and neat it's why i am taking all the open shelves out that the wife clutters up and giving her 1 closed cabinet on her side. 

Spider droppings are a mother fucker to clean.   

23 hours ago, snoughnut said:

He doesnt just sound like one.ll.ll   

14 hours ago, Highmark said:

Where you get that picture of Angry Ginger? :lmao:

:lol: