Check your account email address ×

How did this happen

Snake

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, steve from amherst said:

Keep in mind a lot of this area was built out 10-40 yrs ago. Ya want a new home , be prepared to knock one down.

I got less than that in 230 acres of prime timber and 50 acres of tillable.  God I'm glad I live where I do.  :bc:

14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I lucked out on mine. 1/2 hr from my work area ( for most of my customers, I do have to drive every couple weeks) 6.3 acres . Feels like your in the middle of no where but everything I need is with 10 minutes. But probably will not be able or want to pay the taxes when I retire.

I would have had to go another 1/2 hour further N of where I'm at to get what I wanted without having to pay an arm and a leg per acre.   Like I said, I'm happy where we are :bc:

IMG_20190917_183301620.thumb.jpg.b4c58cfa3f315a9f6e54dae508ebe048.jpg

Told the wife the next time I move, it will be in a pine box :lmao:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Damn, no wonder the market crashed.  

those areas were far less hurt than others.  The truly desireable towns hold up,  the ones people are forced to settle for and commute in from really get hurt in the downtimes as they recover so much slower

58 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I would have had to go another 1/2 hour further N of where I'm at to get what I wanted without having to pay an arm and a leg per acre.   Like I said, I'm happy where we are :bc:

Nice looking place Jay.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

No, it's very nice for sure.  Yard looks great.  A Gnome would feel right at home there.  :bc: 

Lol, Thanks.   Yea the grass is looking A LOT better than it was a month ago. We've had quite a bit of rain lately and it has been growing like crazy now that all the fertilizer is doing it's job. You'd really like the little garage that's attached there on the right  :lmao:

3 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Lol, Thanks.   Yea the grass is looking A LOT better than it was a month ago. We've had quite a bit of rain lately and it has been growing like crazy now that all the fertilizer is doing it's job. You'd really like the little garage that's attached there on the right  :lmao:

Haha.  I remember the garage when you were building.  It was/is very nice.  Enough for 4 cars with room to spare.  :bc: 

But it was more fun when we were flicking you shit and calling it a 2.25 car garage.  :news: 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Haha.  I remember the garage when you were building.  It was/is very nice.  Enough for 4 cars with room to spare.  :bc: 

But it was more fun when we were flicking you shit and calling it a 2.25 car garage.  :news: 

Yes it is nice. More square footage than my first house  :lol:

uKVIeyh.gif_cf.gif.b2c6bcfa7f2ffc4aee3724f5006827a4.gif

:snack:

2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Nice place. The tax collector in my county would love you, brick homes are on the top here as far as taxes go.

Just now, 1jkw said:

Nice place.

The tax collector in my county would love you, brick homes are on the top here as far as taxes go.

Thanks. 

Taxes aren't horrible here. I think my summer tax is $3,9??   Winter tax is $1,9??    I'm just under 2,000square ft and 2.42arces and about 75-80% brick.  I wanted to do 100% brick, but the wife didn't want it.   I'm 3/10 mile off pavement. No sidewalks, no streetlights , well & septic. And no snow plowing until well after the main roads are clear. Oh and we pay for our own trash and recycling collection too.  If I lived 1/8 south I would be in the next township, my taxes would be double. If I lived 1/4 mile east I would be in the "village" , and my taxes would be double and a half of what I pay now. 

20 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Thanks. 

Taxes aren't horrible here. I think my summer tax is $3,9??   Winter tax is $1,9??    I'm just under 2,000square ft and 2.42arces and about 75-80% brick.  I wanted to do 100% brick, but the wife didn't want it.   I'm 3/10 mile off pavement. No sidewalks, no streetlights , well & septic. And no snow plowing until well after the main roads are clear. Oh and we pay for our own trash and recycling collection too.  If I lived 1/8 south I would be in the next township, my taxes would be double. If I lived 1/4 mile east I would be in the "village" , and my taxes would be double and a half of what I pay now. 

Your house would be double or more here, if it were vinyl sided it would be probably about what you pay now, and services are about the same as you. Talked to a friend the other day he has a 1500 square foot log cabin his taxes are 9000.00 his land is in clean and green that's just the house taxes. I'm lucky that I'm on 42 acres about 1000 feet off the road and have large tracks of farm land on 3 sides no less than a 1/4 mile in every direction. Taxes are roughly $4200 an $1800 would be more but I'm in an AG safe zone.

23 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Very nice Jay.  Looks great.  I definitely like all that garage space.  Without the center wall that would be a 5 car garage.  hahaha

10 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

35 k is poverty.

Without a doubt.  35k/year is poverty in all but the very cheapest places in the country.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

look how far over you have the ford just to make it look bigger.  oversize 2 car for sure :snack:  

:lol: yea, but that's only 1/2   I have it so far over because my wife refuses to back in and she always parks way over on my side and I can barely open my door in the morning. 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Very nice Jay.  Looks great.  I definitely like all that garage space.  Without the center wall that would be a 5 car garage.  hahaha

Originally that divider wall wasn't there , but I added it last minute when we had to modify a truss for the cathedral ceiling on the other side.  Rough guys fucked up and put a flat truss where a cathedral truss should have been, and vice versa   We had to modify it so the garage door track would go up the wall.  The way they had it it wouldn't. I got a kick back from them on the labor price for their fuck up. I left the other one because it would have been more work to modify the cathedral truss for the other side and it really wasn't necessary.  I'll have to show you a picture of what I'm talking about. 

I decided to add the divider wall to separate the two sides to keep kids out of my sleds and car and all my tools when we have party's/holidays here.