Check your account email address ×

Arctic cat at hay days...

Anler

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What else are you gonna do in the winter?

Several of my buddies that we used to ride with now hop in their yachts and motor down to Florida for the winter.  My brother has one too but still lives to ride sleds.  So his boat gets wrapped and put on blocks for the winter.  I’m kicking tires for one too, but not because I don’t want ride anymore.  I don’t see that changing any time soon for either of us, god willing.

19 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Several of my buddies that we used to ride with now hop in their yachts and motor down to Florida for the winter.  My brother has one too but still lives to ride sleds.  So his boat gets wrapped and put on blocks for the winter.  I’m kicking tires for one too, but not because I don’t want ride anymore.  I don’t see that changing any time soon for either of us, god willing.

I'm good for a week down in Florida, wife and I will likely do that yearly to break things up a bit, but our focus moving forward is up north.  

Boats are good for about an hour for us.  

Pretty sad to hear people bitchin about winter and what to do, I found something and it stuck.  I don't see that changing anytime soon either.

It’s pretty obvious they’re in trouble. The few new Cats I saw on the trail last winter looked liked they belonged to loyal Cat ‘families’. New Doos and Poos are a dime a dozen. And there’s Cat dealers dropping the brand left and right. Sad.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, f7ben said:

I was close to really getting into flying. The costs were just too astronomical though.

Im afraid to try. Not scared of flying, scared of loving it and knowing I couldn't afford to do it right.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, f7ben said:

It's not just the extra 50cc on the etec. It's a much better motor all around. I agree they arent worth the current premium for the 850 though. I bought the 800 I have because it's the same sled and 2-3k cheaper.

I was close to really getting into flying. The costs were just too astronomical though.

My old man and a couple of his buddies flew quite a bit back in the early 70's...he and his buddy Ward Veen flew a Cessna 172 to Mexico from Michigan with my mom and Wards wife on board....not sure how costs then and now compare.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks