Check your account email address ×

GM recalls 3.8 million pickups

irv

GM recalls nearly 3.8M pickups, SUVs to fix brake issues

Under pressure from the federal government, General Motors is recalling nearly 3.8 million big pickup trucks and SUVs in the U.S and Canada to fix a brake problem.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/gm-recalls-pickups-suvs-1.5278989

22 minutes ago, stealth bomber said:

Reflash abs module, takes five minutes

Why did it have to take pressure from the Federal Gov't before GM acted on this? :dunno:

The company says it has 113 reports of crashes and 13 injuries related to the problem.

1 minute ago, stealth bomber said:

Squawk squawk

Yeah, just brush it under the carpet like their ignition problem that caused numerous deaths. :news:

• Platinum Contributing Member

My truck does it, at low speed pulling up to a gas pump or backing up to a trailer where your foot is on the brake the abs will kick on, pedal gets rock hard but truck will not stop..I've jammed it into park a couple times to stop it..Of course the dealer was unaware of any issue, was a fluke..add that to the other 6 recalls on it, and the list of things that have failed, heated seat, ac condenser, rims falling apart..

7 hours ago, irv said:

Yeah, just brush it under the carpet like their ignition problem that caused numerous deaths. :news:

Issuing a recall is brushing it under the rug...yeah that makes senses...WTF.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Issuing a recall is brushing it under the rug...yeah that makes senses...WTF.

Jimmy, you know I don't comment on any of the threads/posts where you and a few others go at each other verbally but more and more I am seeing exactly what those people are talking about when they are referring to you and your behavior and your unmitigated glee to try and stir things up.

If you paid attention, you will see I only wrote what I wrote in response to SB's post, who, imo, is just trying to downplay the whole situation. If you would have also taken the time to read the article, you would have read where the Federal Gov't had to intervene/put pressure on GM to issue this recall. Do you honestly think, after 113 "known-reported" accidents and 13 "known-reported" injuries, that the Gov't should have be needed in this case? :dunno:

Just now, washedupmxer said:

FTR I thought the ignition recall was kind of b******* but....

They need to get this brake thing under control but let's be real nobody's posted about fords millions of recalls this year either

Every manu has recalls. I'm not specifically picking on GM for yet another recall but rather that it took the Gov't to apply pressure for this one to happen in light of what GM recently went through with their ignition problem, which was rather large and well known to say the least! 

General Motors was the subject of multiple government investigations and hundreds of civil lawsuits for taking more than a decade to recall 2.6 million cars with a deadly ignition switch defect.

Under a deal with federal prosecutors expected to be announced Thursday, the automaker will pay a fine of $900 million to resolve a criminal investigation. It will also have to comply with oversight and other terms for the next three years.

https://www.inc.com/associated-press/key-events-in-general-motors-ignition-switch-recall.html

2 minutes ago, irv said:

Every manu has recalls. I'm not specifically picking on GM for yet another recall but rather that it took the Gov't to apply pressure for this one to happen in light of what GM recently went through with their ignition problem, which was rather large and well known to say the least! 

General Motors was the subject of multiple government investigations and hundreds of civil lawsuits for taking more than a decade to recall 2.6 million cars with a deadly ignition switch defect.

Under a deal with federal prosecutors expected to be announced Thursday, the automaker will pay a fine of $900 million to resolve a criminal investigation. It will also have to comply with oversight and other terms for the next three years.

https://www.inc.com/associated-press/key-events-in-general-motors-ignition-switch-recall.html

The part I didn't like about this recall is most of these cars were old and most of the people had a pound and a half of b******* hanging off their keychain I just didn't think it was fair

16 minutes ago, irv said:

Jimmy, you know I don't comment on any of the threads/posts where you and a few others go at each other verbally but more and more I am seeing exactly what those people are talking about when they are referring to you and your behavior and your unmitigated glee to try and stir things up.

If you paid attention, you will see I only wrote what I wrote in response to SB's post, who, imo, is just trying to downplay the whole situation. If you would have also taken the time to read the article, you would have read where the Federal Gov't had to intervene/put pressure on GM to issue this recall. Do you honestly think, after 113 "known-reported" accidents and 13 "known-reported" injuries, that the Gov't should have be needed in this case? :dunno:

OK...Irv I’ll take my “unmitigated glee” elsewhere.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

10 hours ago, irv said:

Why did it have to take pressure from the Federal Gov't before GM acted on this? :dunno:

The company says it has 113 reports of crashes and 13 injuries related to the problem.

Out of 3.8 million vehicles.   Actually surprised this can't be done thru Onstar on many models if its just a reflash.   

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Out of 3.8 million vehicles.   Actually surprised this can't be done thru Onstar on many models.   

That one in about 34,000 vehicles.  You'd get more people hitting the gas instead of the brake in a number like that.