Check your account email address ×

Order your sauce today...

ckf

@Seatofmypants    (Mike) has his new website up and running, and is ready to start taking online orders.  I haven't tried Shore Thing or Gold Rush yet, but the other 3 are fantastic!

Also, for the guys that have tried Mike's BBQ sauce,  could we get you to write an honest review of one of the sauces?

Untitled1.gif

• Like 1

• Advertising Member
1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

Dang I'll just have to live through you guys til I'm in the states.  

Shipping food to Canada is complicated from my understanding.  There is certificates and inspections from what I understand...... We looked into if for MOMO but it didn't look like something that was very practical, unless you know of a different way!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

Shipping food to Canada is complicated from my understanding.  There is certificates and inspections from what I understand...... We looked into if for MOMO but it didn't look like something that was very practical, unless you know of a different way!

I'll be ordering with shipment to US address :)

• Like 1

I love the sauce but the cost is up 33% from a few months ago. No quart or gallon options and after shipping it makes no sense to use the stuff. Need bulk options for me. After shipping its $85 a gallon or more. Great sauce....cant pay that for it unfortunately.

• Advertising Member
3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I love the sauce but the cost is up 33% from a few months ago. No quart or gallon options and after shipping it makes no sense to use the stuff. Need bulk options for me. After shipping its $85 a gallon or more. Great sauce....cant pay that for it unfortunately.

It isn't up 33%.  CKF has a promo code for FS members.  Pints are still around $7 after the discount and the shipping I am pretty much taking on the chin.  Shipping 'up to' 10 bottles will be way more then $14.95.... come on......  I used 1 case to feed 600 people the other day..... that's about $.15 per guest in sauce cost.

Edited by Seatofmypants

1 minute ago, Seatofmypants said:

It isn't up 33%.  CKF has a promo code for FS members.  Pints are still around $7 after the discount and the shipping I am pretty much taking on the chin.  Shipping 10 bottles will be way more then $14.95.... come on......  I used 1 case to feed 600 people the other day..... that's about $.15 per guest in sauce cost.

fsce10 gets them 10% off

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Seatofmypants said:

It isn't up 33%.  CKF has a promo code for FS members.  Pints are still around $7 after the discount and the shipping I am pretty much taking on the chin.  Shipping 'up to' 10 bottles will be way more then $14.95.... come on......  I used 1 case to feed 600 people the other day..... that's about $.15 per guest in sauce cost.

Just going by what it started at. $12 a quart. Clicked the site and it said 7.99 for a pint. 

That's 33% more.

I'd use gallons of the stuff. I cant buy it by the pint.

I'm not attacking you here....simply stating what we discussed several times. I used up the 2 gallons I got from you like it wasnt even there. That was using it sparingly

Everyone loved it but even at $70 a gallon it's too much. 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Come on Ben, you're not buying this shit.  Image result for kraft bbq sauce

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Come on Ben, you're not buying this shit.  Image result for kraft bbq sauce

I'd order a gallon of each flavor right now if it was an option. I dont need the fancy bottles and labels. I need the sauce and lots of it. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I'd order a gallon of each flavor right now if it was an option. I dont need the fancy bottles and labels. I need the sauce and lots of it. 

I'm sure you do.

In this environment there is no way someone starting out is ever gonna compete with the big co's on price.   It takes time with many efficiencies built up over years.

I automate some of this shit for the majors.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I'm sure you do.

In this environment there is no way someone starting out is ever gonna compete with the big co's on price.   It takes time with many efficiencies built up over years.

I automate some of this shit for the majors.

I understand that....again, I'm not attacking here and I'm hoping this works out really well for him. I love the sauce....I just cant buy it by the pint.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I understand that....again, I'm not attacking here and I'm hoping this works out really well for him. I love the sauce....I just cant buy it by the pint.

I pint will last us a few meals.:lol:

I'm heading to the US twice in the next two weeks for only for a night each time, so ordering won't be practical.  

• Advertising Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I didn't take it that way.  We are exploring bottling gallons, but they are still going to be expensive, relative to the big brands.  My ingredients eat me alive (honey, seasonings, real sugars). I also need to bottle 48 gallons of any one flavor.....and that is scary, when I have a home for the pints.  It may be next year but we will get to that point eventually if it continues to be popular.  I do have some local restaurants using it so maybe we will be doing it sooner then later.

Edited by Seatofmypants

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I pint will last us a few meals.:lol:

I'm heading to the US twice in the next two weeks for only for a night each time, so ordering won't be practical.  

Coming to Chicago at all? You could have him ship it to me and pick it up next time you come. I’m not far from O’hare.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Coming to Chicago at all? You could have him ship it to me and pick it up next time you come. I’m not far from O’hare.

That's very nice of you, but I haven't been to Chitown since the last Automation Fair.

Rochester next week and then Spartanburg the week after.  It will work out.

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

You mock, but Kraft Original and Honey are both actually excellent sauces.

Neal

They do in a pinch.  They can make for a good base to start anyway.  Stock form they work really well to cover up poorly cooked meat....those are who they are marketing this to anyway.

13 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

I didn't take it that way.  We are exploring bottling gallons, but they are still going to be expensive, relative to the big brands.  My ingredients eat me alive (honey, seasonings, real sugars). I also need to bottle 48 gallons of any one flavor.....and that is scary, when I have a home for the pints.  It may be next year but we will get to that point eventually if it continues to be popular.  I do have some local restaurants using it so maybe we will be doing it sooner then later.

I understand....I think this is going to do well for you. I've served your sauce in some form to a couple hundred people just with the limited supply I had. I've got guys bugging me to get them in on an order already. I'll talk to the guys that want it and maybe we'll see what we could do on shipping for maybe like 40 pints. 

When you decide to give the gallons a try I'll preorder especially if its spring. At least you know you have a start on moving some.

• Like 1