Check your account email address ×

SSI dynos 2020 cat 800 against a 2019!

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, f7ben said:

No they arent.....20 maybe. That 207hp was such a line of bullshit. They dyno upper 180s low 190s at best

:lmao:

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

You need to see dyno sheets from the best in the biz?

And just who is that in your opinion?

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

And just who is that in your opinion?

I think all the shops have a handle on the sleds. The sled shops make their money off the sleds though. It's a hobby for EvoPS and they have experience working on platforms significantly more complicated and expensive than sleds.

They saw 181hp fresh out of the crate and 187 after break in. 

EVP Dynos the Production 17 Sidewinder/TCAT https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1624602

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think all the shops have a handle on the sleds. The sled shops make their money off the sleds though. It's a hobby for EvoPS and they have experience working on platforms significantly more complicated and expensive than sleds.

EVP Dynos the Production 17 Sidewinder/TCAT https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1624602

Yeah some companies like to show low baseline to show larger gains.    Very common using uncorrected warm air numbers.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yeah some companies like to show low baseline to show larger gains.    Very common using uncorrected warm air numbers.  

They didnt show larger gains. They in fact showed less.power with their exhaust than other companies were claiming as baseline. That's because they dont pump numbers to whore out tunes and parts like say Hurricane or Bikeman

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Evo are good yes. But like you said it's a hobby.

That sled on Evo Dyno could be 205 on dtr.

Just now, awful knawful said:

Evo are good yes. But like you said it's a hobby.

That sled on Evo Dyno could be 205 on dtr.

Exactly....but dtr pumps numbers. They always have. It's pretty pathetic actually. Hurricane pumps numbers worse than dtr as well. 

Race results and speeds dont lie. Like Hurricanes stupid ass 200hp 900 Ace. It runs about even with 185hp sleds because that's what it's making for power

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Exactly....but dtr pumps numbers. They always have. It's pretty pathetic actually. Hurricane pumps numbers worse than dtr as well. 

Race results and speeds dont lie. Like Hurricanes stupid ass 200hp 900 Ace. It runs about even with 185hp sleds because that's what it's making for power

One of the best tuners I know Joe Haack swares by Hurricanes tunes but he’s bot a joker he knows how to dial in a sled and he knows Daves stuff is on the edge. Joe did all of  dynamites racings tuning for years

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

One of the best tuners I know Joe Haack swares by Hurricanes tunes but he’s bot a joker he knows how to dial in a sled and he knows Daves stuff is on the edge. Joe did all of  dynamites racings tuning for years

I've had some dealings with Hurricane that were less than desirable but I'm sure their tunes are good. 

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

Dave is a dick head

Fucked me on currency conversion and was zero help when he sent me $3500 worth of fuel systems with zero instructions or setup info. I was less than impressed

37 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Except dtr dynos more sleds stock/ combos than any other.

For this reason they have to be used as the standard.

Different dynos, different days, may be off 10-20 hp.

Which one is right?

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

Except dtr dynos more sleds stock/ combos than any other.

For this reason they have to be used as the standard.

Different dynos, different days, may be off 10-20 hp.

Which one is right?

With the history of manus sending ringers to dtr and him covering for them I wouldnt trust a thing out of that shop.

11 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

Wrong.

really ? ok my bad vintage class has a few non cats winning . 

fuck few more years the f7 will be vintage and cleaning up the vintage and 7 and 8 and modified 8 classes . 

Just now, awful knawful said:

He just dynos what they send him.

How's him supposed to know it's a ringer till he dynos a customer's sled?

Because hes been doing this long enough and made to look like an asshole enough times to start to throw cold water on these prepro sleds that get people all excited and plopping down their cash.

Just now, f7ben said:

Because hes been doing this long enough and made to look like an asshole enough times to start to throw cold water on these prepro sleds that get people all excited and plopping down their cash.

To me the manufacturer looks like the douche. 

Big promises, then sends out consumer duds.

It's traditional now.

11 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

It's traditional now.

If the manus sent out sleds with the hp they claimed, they’d be blowing up all over the trails.  Well, maybe poo is being the honest one I guess.  :lmao:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

really ? ok my bad vintage class has a few non cats winning . 

fuck few more years the f7 will be vintage and cleaning up the vintage and 7 and 8 and modified 8 classes . 

At Haydays for example, out of 28 classes, non vintage, Cat won 11. 

31 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

It's traditional now.

I understand that and agree.....but DTR has allowed thenselves to become integral to the pump. Its garbage. I'm not questioning his ability to operate a dyno. Gains on his dyno are similar to others. His baseline numbers have always been high though and he works hand in hand on pumping manus bullshit propaganda

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I understand that and agree.....but DTR has allowed thenselves to become integral to the pump. Its garbage. I'm not questioning his ability to operate a dyno. Gains on his dyno are similar to others. His baseline numbers have always been high though and he works hand in hand on pumping manus bullshit propaganda

Isn’t he the one that has the paid subscription to his website to get info and dyno live feed?

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Isn’t he the one that has the paid subscription to his website to get info and dyno live feed?

Yes....and every year hes the go to where manus bring hot setups to pump numbers. He puts out articles every year blah blah blah blah. You know the rest