Check your account email address ×

Military warns alien hunters not to storm Area 51

UNDATED (CNN/Gray News) Everyone knows it's a joke, but the U.S. Air Force isn't laughing.

0712_alien_ap.jpg
Aliens pose in front of Traditions on Main Street in downtown Roswell, N.M., Thursday, July 3, 2008 during the Roswell UFO Festival. (AP Photo/Roswell Daily Record, Mark Wilson)

More than a million Facebook users have signed up for a fake event called "Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us," saying they want to storm the Nevada military base on September 20 to "see them aliens."

The mysterious Area 51 has been the subject of conspiracy theories for decades.

Many people believe the U.S. government stores its secrets about UFOs and aliens at the military site.

The event page states the whole notion of storming Area 51 is a bit of a lark.

"Hello US government, this is a joke, and I do not actually intend to go ahead with this plan," said a post by Jackson Barnes, who had just laid out an elaborate, but silly scheme for an assault on the base.

"I just thought it would be funny and get me some thumbsy uppies on the internet."

If the military understands it's all fun and guns, it's not letting on.

"[Area 51] is an open training range for the U.S. Air Force, and we would discourage anyone from trying to come into the area where we train American armed forces," a military spokeswoman told The Washington Post. "The U.S. Air Force always stands ready to protect America and its assets."

Alien hunters: You've been warned.

Air Force: Remember, it's a joke.

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

There must be at least a few from here going as whacked out as some of their posts are :dunno:

But the sonic weapons they will use is going to hurt too much :lol:

2 minutes ago, Momorider said:

But the sonic weapons they will use is going to hurt too much :lol:

They are going to use the bass tone that causes uncontrollable pooping

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

The thing is if there is nothing to hide open the doors

Who said nothing to hide? 

26 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

They are going to use the bass tone that causes uncontrollable pooping

Who said nothing to hide? 

I was stationed there on Camp Pendleton. Visitors were welcome on the base. Area 51 is highly guarded and no one is allowed. Why is that? Tax payers flip the bill for all this secret shit but have zero oversight. 

Just now, jtssrx said:

I was stationed there on Camp Pendleton. Visitors were welcome on the base. Area 51 is highly guarded and no one is allowed. Why is that? Tax payers flip the bill for all this secret shit but have zero oversight. 

I don't recall anyone saying there is nothing to hide there, do you?

53 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

The thing is if there is nothing to hide open the doors

Did they fake the moon landing there?

or is that where they hide the special cameras that make the earth look round?

47 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I don't recall anyone saying there is nothing to hide there, do you?

Nothing should be hidden from the American tax payer sorry!!

27 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Did they fake the moon landing there?

or is that where they hide the special cameras that make the earth look round?

Yawn you’re so boring

2 hours ago, ckf said:

UNDATED (CNN/Gray News) Everyone knows it's a joke, but the U.S. Air Force isn't laughing.

0712_alien_ap.jpg
Aliens pose in front of Traditions on Main Street in downtown Roswell, N.M., Thursday, July 3, 2008 during the Roswell UFO Festival. (AP Photo/Roswell Daily Record, Mark Wilson)

More than a million Facebook users have signed up for a fake event called "Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us," saying they want to storm the Nevada military base on September 20 to "see them aliens."

The mysterious Area 51 has been the subject of conspiracy theories for decades.

Many people believe the U.S. government stores its secrets about UFOs and aliens at the military site.

The event page states the whole notion of storming Area 51 is a bit of a lark.

"Hello US government, this is a joke, and I do not actually intend to go ahead with this plan," said a post by Jackson Barnes, who had just laid out an elaborate, but silly scheme for an assault on the base.

"I just thought it would be funny and get me some thumbsy uppies on the internet."

If the military understands it's all fun and guns, it's not letting on.

"[Area 51] is an open training range for the U.S. Air Force, and we would discourage anyone from trying to come into the area where we train American armed forces," a military spokeswoman told The Washington Post. "The U.S. Air Force always stands ready to protect America and its assets."

Alien hunters: You've been warned.

Air Force: Remember, it's a joke.

Protecting America and its assets from Americans that paid for all that stuff. Just weird. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’m currently practicing in the smoky mountains.

6A246ED7-B7DB-404A-AF7B-9C06DCE82FC8.jpeg

I love the Smokies. Have you done the Blue Ride Parkway yet?  400 miles of beautiful scenery :bc:

45 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Nothing should be hidden from the American tax payer sorry!!

Yawn you’re so boring

so dumb

yes lets let all our military secrets out for public consumption,  our enemies will never see them that way SMH

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

so dumb

yes lets let all our military secrets out for public consumption,  our enemies will never see them that way SMH

Agreed.   Some things need to be kept secret.   Not saying as much as they do but without question there are things other govt's need not know.