• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSFB

• motonoggin

• Anler

• awful knawful

7 hours ago, Snake said:

I can get the fuck up  in the morning and be out of Detroit... walking within hours to escape.

Cuba.... not so much. :lol:

Cubans have been allowed to leave Cuba since 2013.  But most can't afford to fly. Only in the last few years has it been legal to open your own  Buisness. Things are slowly changing for the better. 

21 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Communism literally enslaves. Capitalism, not so much.

Absolutely Incorrect. 

We live under a dictatorship of capital. We are slaves to the system. This slavery is so pervasive we don't even recognize it anymore. 

They feed us lies and trinkets to pacify us, but we aren't free. Not even close. 

6 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Absolutely Incorrect. 

We live under a dictatorship of capital. We are slaves to the system. This slavery is so pervasive we don't even recognize it anymore. 

They feed us lies and trinkets to pacify us, but we aren't free. Not even close. 

But I can criticize Obama and Trump as much as I want tonight and I don't have to worry about going to the Gulag. Any comparison to Cuba's dictatorship and level of freedom just doesn't measure up. 

When shit gets really bad, people vote with their feet. Communist countries use the power of force to keep people in the country.

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

But I can criticize Obama and Trump as much as I want tonight and I don't have to worry about going to the Gulag. Any comparison to Cuba's dictatorship and level of freedom just doesn't measure up. 

There is a huge difference between authoritarian and libertarian communism. Let's not try to equate the two.

In fact, authoritarian communism and authoritarian capitalism have much more in common with one another than any other supposedly opposing lines of political thought. Rich and privileged upper crust, and the rest fighting amongst themselves for the scraps that fall from Master's table.

Just now, motonoggin said:

There is a huge difference between authoritarian and libertarian communism. Let's not try to equate the two.

In fact, authoritarian communism and authoritarian capitalism have much more in common with one another than any other supposedly opposing lines of political thought. Rich and privileged upper crust, and the rest fighting amongst themselves for the scraps that fall from Master's table.

It speaks volumes when every Communist country that has ever existed has been of the staunchly Authoritarian variety.

So until proven otherwise, it's a death cult. 

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

It speaks volumes when every Communist country that has ever existed has been of the staunchly Authoritarian variety.

So until proven otherwise, it's a death cult. 

Well, yeah, because it won't survive without a vanguard party to repel capitalists and fascists.

Keep in mind that Marx ultimately envisioned stateless communism. 

He did envision using the state to set it up, but then thought the state would wither away. He never said how, though.

Anarcho Communists don't believe in a vanguard party or using state power to impose communism. The only way communism works is when everyone participates voluntarily.