Check your account email address ×

Meme thread

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I don't see any of yours. Is it that the frankentruck isn't really more than a junk yard truck after all.  I don't need to go around taking pictures of my toys to know I have them. I just use them. I'm on my 4th King Ranch F150 so far and currently contemplating the 5th. Post up some pics of your wonderful junk yard frankentruck and perhaps I'll go to the driveway and take a picture of my truck. Right now I don't have one. I just don't get giddy enough when I buy a new truck that I have to take pictures of it.

How is a dodge ram a franken truck?

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSFB

• motonoggin

• Anler

• awful knawful

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

he said he got it from a junkyard and rebuilt it

Lots of guys do that here...insurance writes them off so easy...goid way to make money flipping them if you have the time and the know how .

Just now, awful knawful said:

I got a 6 month old truck for less than half. With all new mopar parts.

You coulda bought mine...its 8months old and only worth half. :lol:

And not from a junkyard. :bc:

16 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I don't see any of yours. Is it that the frankentruck isn't really more than a junk yard truck after all.  I don't need to go around taking pictures of my toys to know I have them. I just use them. I'm on my 4th King Ranch F150 so far and currently contemplating the 5th. Post up some pics of your wonderful junk yard frankentruck and perhaps I'll go to the driveway and take a picture of my truck. Right now I don't have one. I just don't get giddy enough when I buy a new truck that I have to take pictures of it. I would have to look hard to find pictures of the boats, the sleds, the RV and the other toys as well. That's if there even are pics of them

Must be awesome trucks if your trading so often!

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

Must be awesome trucks if your trading so often!

They are great trucks. I just happen to like new and can afford to trade them typically about every 4 years. The current one is now 6 years old and it's the longest I' ve had any truck. Still a great truck. I'm just long overdue for new.

Exactly! Lol

I really like the truck....if my wife didnt tow so much it wouldn't be an issue....great fuel mileage as a grocery getter. We will keep it till around58000 kms....might as well get our monies worth.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 02sled said:

They are great trucks. I just happen to like new and can afford to trade them typically about every 4 years. The current one is now 6 years old and it's the longest I' ve had any truck. Still a great truck. I'm just long overdue for new.

Never owned new. And I run em till dead. Last few were 15, 18, 22 and 15 years old.

Edited by awful knawful

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

A king ranch is not worth the extra coin imo...nor is the lariet...basically paying 10000+ just for leather.

16 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

A king ranch is not worth the extra coin imo...nor is the lariet...basically paying 10000+ just for leather.

That's your opinion... to me I get my monies worth and can afford it. Moon roof, cooled and heated seats and a bunch more. I like things like climate control rather than turning a knob for fan and temp, the back up camera that came with it etc.

Capture1.JPG.03eda4a8b144478cd28f2e5a91975a99.JPGCapture1.JPG.86b6dc3aa9ed23887760dddc43e112ac.JPG

8 minutes ago, 02sled said:

That's your opinion... to me I get my monies worth and can afford it. Moon roof, cooled and heated seats and a bunch more. I like things like climate control rather than turning a knob for fan and temp, the back up camera that came with it etc.

Capture1.JPG.03eda4a8b144478cd28f2e5a91975a99.JPGCapture1.JPG.86b6dc3aa9ed23887760dddc43e112ac.JPG

My wifes 17 has all that minus the cooled seats and leather for 15000+ less. :lol:

IMG_20170920_113157471.jpg

33 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

My wifes 17 has all that minus the cooled seats and leather for 15000+ less. :lol:

IMG_20170920_113157471.jpg

When I price out buying a base truck and adding all the option packages that I want or price out a Lariat and adding all the options that I want I come out to about the same as the King Ranch which comes with all the options I want. I've come to like all the bells and whistles.

King ranch looks like ass too! Hate the two tone and that leather colour looks diseased!

Just overdone IMO.

I like them....but i would not buy one at full price...they blow them out for much less when the next yr trucks come out.

Just now, 02sled said:

When I price out buying a base truck and adding all the option packages that I want or price out a Lariat and adding all the options that I want I come out to about the same as the King Ranch which comes with all the options I want. I've come to like all the bells and whistles.

Like i said...leather is not worth 10gs +

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Never owned new. And I run em till dead. Last few were 15, 18, 22 and 15 years old.

Did your truck have any frame/unibody damage? Did you have it checked by a frame shop on the frame rack? 

Does your truck steer properly?

Do you have excessive tire wear?

Are all your front-end suspension components undamaged?

Do you trust your truck at 70MPH, with your family's life? 

A hard hit ALWAYS causes frame damage.  

3 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

King ranch looks like ass too! Hate the two tone and that leather colour looks diseased!

Just overdone IMO.

Not everyone likes the same thing. If everyone did there would only be one model of truck in one configuration and one colour. You couldn't pay me enough to drive a Dodge, Had one guy get his 4 wheel drive Ram stuck this summer trying to back his RV into a spot on soft ground with all the rain we had. Unhooked his truck from the RV, pulled his truck out, hooked up my F150 to the RV, pulled it out and then backed it in to where it should be. To be fair though I think it was more the driver that got it stuck than the truck itself.