• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SSFB

• motonoggin

• Anler

• awful knawful

20 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Planes land 24/7  from all over the world. Not much you can’t get for fresh sea food,just spendy.

I get live crawfish shipped from LA to AK and live Maine Lobster shipped to AZ. 

obviously live fish is a bit harder but the only live fish anyone gets is the one they catch themselves unless you are in Asia. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

obviously live fish is a bit harder but the only live fish anyone gets is the one they catch themselves unless you are in Asia. 

Even in the middle of the country, Omaha gets fresh seafood flown in daily from the East Coast. You can get good stuff nearly anywhere in the country except the boonies. 

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Dont they have lobster in AK?

Just now, SSFB said:

Omaha gets fresh seafood flown in daily from the East Coast. You can get good stuff nearly anywhere in the country if you try

Stupid helpless boomers

29 minutes ago, Anler said:

Dont they have lobster in AK?

Not many. Lots of good crab and shrimp and other seafood but the good lobster is imported. And you cant get live lobster at the market or grocery store. You have to bring it in yourself or buy it live at a restaurant. 

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Not many. Lots of good crab and shrimp and other seafood but the good lobster is imported. And you cant get live lobster at the market or grocery store. You have to bring it in yourself or buy it live at a restaurant. 

Yeah I am not a big fan of lobster anyway, I much prefer the king crab... How much does that stuff cost in AK? $1.50/ lb?

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah I am not a big fan of lobster anyway, I much prefer the king crab... How much does that stuff cost in AK? $1.50/ lb?

Good King crab is expensive at home too. Safeway by the pound is about $20

Costco by the case is about $15

At the local processor in Anchorage its about $12

On the docks in Dutch Harbor its $8-10. 

Those prices can go up or down a buck or two at any time. 

Those are prices for giant crab legs. Not whole crab. 

Edited by AKIQPilot

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

That's cause you've never had a fresh soft shell right off the boat. I only buy it directly from my customers directly at the docks now and go straight home or to the get together to cook it. Nothing better IMO. :bc: