Check your account email address ×

Plastic cam gear on John Deere 425.

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

This is why you don't buy a Deere.

That was a price off eBay. I’ll check with the local dealer when I get back home. Still in Minneapolis. Deere has always been known for their price gouging on parts. 

25 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That was a price off eBay. I’ll check with the local dealer when I get back home. Still in Minneapolis. Deere has always been known for their price gouging on parts. 

I know Rigid has a major hard on for JD, and thats fine.  Theyre still the leader in the lawn and garden segment, and their tractors still have the best resale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I know Rigid has a major hard on for JD, and thats fine.  Theyre still the leader in the lawn and garden segment, and their tractors still have the best resale.

I’m not sure if John Deere is the only company that conducts propriety mfg. Seems too profitable for others to pass up. 

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I know Rigid has a major hard on for JD, and thats fine.  They're still the leader in the lawn and garden segment, and their tractors still have the best resale.

I don't think anyone is disputing that. I can see where Rigid would get frustrated  being in he parts business and have to deal with it all the time. Since I was going low end, I think the Cub Cadet was a better choice for me, especially when I consider the way I was treated by each dealer.

I added the apostrophe in the quote for you. I didn't edit your post directly as I thought it was best if we wean ourselves of having Dave around to correct things for us :lol:

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’m not sure if John Deere is the only company that conducts propriety mfg. Seems too profitable for others to pass up. 

Last week when I was washing mine, one of the stickers that runs the length of the hood was coming off, and Rigids comments about parts pricing were fresh in my brain.  Im thinking this hood sticker is probably gonna set me back a 100 bucks or something, so i got some solvent and cleaned the back of it off, got off all the sand that was stuck to it, shot it with some 3m spray adhesive and she was good as new. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I don't think anyone is disputing that. I can see where Rigid would get frustrated  being in he parts business and have to deal with it all the time. Since I was going low end, I think the Cub Cadet was a better choice for me, especially when I consider the way I was treated by each dealer.

I added the apostrophe in the quote for you. I didn't edit your post directly as I thought it was best if we wean ourselves of having Dave around to correct things for us :lol:

Thanques!  :lol: 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

You crossed it over from a JD part #? Because you can't just go off the model of the engine, to be sure it's the correct part the spec # has to be used. And a JD dealer is the only one that can do that.

A good JD dealer in my area who does a lot of mail order and eBay sales is M&R Sports in Auburn, NY. They can help you get the right part and ship USPS daily.

Call them with all your #'s,  model and serial of tractor and model and spec of motor. They should also be able to print out torque specs for you..

Edited by Rigid1

45 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

First bold, it's just shitty what they do to the consumer who doesn't know that they have to go back to the Deere dealer and pay 40% more for pretty much the same part that is on John's Cub.

Second bold, well yeah, you guys are paying 40% more for parts, obviously the tractor is going to sell for more..

I have a deere sub compact. Not only are parts expensive, but they are also a pain in the ass. Need the damn serial # for 1/2 the parts as they have changed em so much . Even within the same model yr.

7 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

You crossed it over from a JD part #? Because you can't just go off the model of the engine, to be sure it's the correct part the spec # has to be used. And a JD dealer is the only one that can do that.

A good JD dealer in my area who does a lot of mail order and eBay sales is M&R Sports in Auburn, NY. They can help you get the right part and ship USPS daily.

Call them with all your #'s,  model and serial of tractor and model and spec of motor. They should also be able to print out torque specs for you..

I worked in tractors among other things many years ago. I’m familiar with how it works. I only wanted a ballpark figure for parts. The local Deere dealer is decent. I’ll get a 15-20% discount. Pretty typical. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I worked in tractors among other things many years ago. I’m familiar with how it works. I only wanted a ballpark figure for parts. The local Deere dealer is decent. I’ll get a 15-20% discount. Pretty typical. 

Yeah bud, take advantage of that discount..

I remember like last week someone said they also get a 15-20% discount from their JD dealer... I mean when you're grossing 300% what's 15-20 off the top..:true:

18 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Go around to back side, should be a model and spec on the blower housing..all silver sticker

I don't see anything obvious :dunno:

19 minutes ago, ckf said:

I don't see anything obvious :dunno:

I looked it up off the model of the tractor, all good, I'll get some stuff together for you..Have 325 of the blades for your mower in stock..haha

G5 Gator blade,.thicker, wider, high-lift, cutting edge is sharpened almost to the center hole, and has carbide imbedded in the cutting tip to stay sharper longer and prevent dings from rocks..

IMG_20190603_124132973.jpg

IMG_20190603_124145324.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I looked it up off the model of the tractor, all good, I'll get some stuff together for you..Have 325 of the blades for your mower in stock..haha

G5 Gator blade,.thicker, wider, high-lift, cutting edge is sharpened almost to the center hole, and has carbide imbedded in the cutting tip to stay sharper longer and prevent dings from rocks..

Thanks!   Grab me some of that rotisserie chicken seasoning that you sent me before, and let me know what I owe ya :bc: 

• Like 1

Just now, ckf said:

Thanks!   Grab me some of that rotisserie chicken seasoning that you sent me before, and let me know what I owe ya :bc: 

Will do...:bc:

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2019 at 8:02 AM, Rigid1 said:

Extremely, especially when people call you because you're listed as a kohler, kawi, and Briggs distributor and they give you their engine #'s, I log into Kawi or who ever, type in the model and spec, nothing comes up, I ask if it's on. JD, and they say yeah, and I say well sorry you have to go to a JD dealer for that. And then they get all fucking pissed off at me because they bought a piece of shit..

One thing JD does and does well is hide their fucking parts.

1314089896_giphy.gif.cf-2019-06-03T134751_801.gif.6f42ad9fbfd2bdc5115e468943ec5f1e.gif

51 minutes ago, ckf said:

That Spiede stuff is delicious! 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 7:34 PM, spin_dry said:

Thanks. Looks like the entire kit is about $300. I’ll replace the water pump while in in there. It’s only $50. The kids should be able to get a lot more use out of the tractor after the new cam kit. Everything else on the tractor is in good shape. It’s worth it. 

I had a Kawi 721? Twin come uncunted on my Ferris mower. Pulled it apart (Piece of Cake) but found major damage to the cases and oil pump gear end broken off. Pulled all the good parts off and bought a Kohler 26 twin for like $700 on ebay. After I figured out the wiring, she worked mint. Ended up buying a Snapper Pro Z turn while shopping for a motor. Sold the Ferris for $1000 less than I paid for it 10 years ago so I cant bitch. New Snapper is 32 hp and mows good at 11 mph.....

Edited by s pump

On 6/2/2019 at 3:11 PM, steve from amherst said:

I have a deere sub compact. Not only are parts expensive, but they are also a pain in the ass. Need the damn serial # for 1/2 the parts as they have changed em so much . Even within the same model yr.

I had to replace blower belt on my FILs JD. Went to the local JD Thief with all my numbers in hand. Guy was totally useless and said he could find a belt that fit the tractor and model blower. I showed him the number on the belt and he told me 2 weeks for a new one. Went home on Amazon, had it in 2 days.

Had an experience with the same guy like 10 years ago that I swore I'd never buy anything from them again. Sold my Wheel Horse/Toro to this lesbian couple for $1000. We agreed on a $1000 but after they left, there was only $800 in the envelope. I knew the couple and didn't  think i had to count it. I called them up and asked for my $200 and they laughed and said I should have counted it. Fucking bitches. So like a week later I get a call from them saying the mower won't start and they took it to the same guy above. I figured it was a battery or something. They call me back and sad they had an estimate for $900 and would i split it with them. I wasn't going to give them a dime but i played along. I asked them to fax me the estimate. The guy had written an estimate that included a new hood and sticker set that was $400 something and flush the engine or some shit for $500. I went down the shop to talk to the guy and ask him wtf he was talking about. Apparently the girls decided to change the oil and just added more oil without draining the old oil. The guy was trying to bone them for $500 to drain the oil. And the girls had run the tractor into their picnic table and scraped the hood. They got what they deserved.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, s pump said:

I had to replace blower belt on my FILs JD. Went to the local JD Thief with all my numbers in hand. Guy was totally useless and said he could find a belt that fit the tractor and model blower. I showed him the number on the belt and he told me 2 weeks for a new one. Went home on Amazon, had it in 2 days.

Had an experience with the same guy like 10 years ago that I swore I'd never buy anything from them again. Sold my Wheel Horse/Toro to this lesbian couple for $1000. We agreed on a $1000 but after they left, there was only $800 in the envelope. I knew the couple and didn't  think i had to count it. I called them up and asked for my $200 and they laughed and said I should have counted it. Fucking bitches. So like a week later I get a call from them saying the mower won't start and they took it to the same guy above. I figured it was a battery or something. They call me back and sad they had an estimate for $900 and would i split it with them. I wasn't going to give them a dime but i played along. I asked them to fax me the estimate. The guy had written an estimate that included a new hood and sticker set that was $400 something and flush the engine or some shit for $500. I went down the shop to talk to the guy and ask him wtf he was talking about. Apparently the girls decided to change the oil and just added more oil without draining the old oil. The guy was trying to bone them for $500 to drain the oil. And the girls had run the tractor into their picnic table and scraped the hood. They got what they deserved.

LOcal JD prick here wants me to prepay for ordered parts. I told him open a fucking account for me. I like to buy local but If I have to prepay and wait , fuck it. Ill buy it online.

On 6/3/2019 at 12:51 PM, Rigid1 said:

You have those for Snapper Pro 61" ? Imma bout ready for a new set. I clocked a rock pretty hard last week. It was painful.