Check your account email address ×

Great read. America is in denial about the trade deficit — it’s not China, it’s us

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

China has repeatedly engaged in strategic economic warfare to weaken our core industries. That is a fact

Guess the US doesn't like having other countries meddle in their affairs. 

4 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Guess the US doesn't like having other countries meddle in their affairs. 

I'm sure we dont. Economically speaking I am for a level playing field and us not getting fucked. It hasnt been that way for a long time

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

China has repeatedly engaged in strategic economic warfare to weaken our core industries. That is a fact

They have been busted for espionage before, nobody ever did anything. They arent dumb, they know who to throw their money at when they want something. everyone in govt is for sale. 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Poor Spinner.  Taking Chinese via Rosetta Stone while he sits on his dojo mat eating his boogers.

GO CHINA!!!!!

I wouldnt throw my hands up in victory just yet. The Chinese are way smarter than we are. If they want to inflict pain they certainly can. Not sure its in anyones best interest tho. If this is a battle of pride then we have already lost. Its in everyones best interest to have a fair and equitable trade relation. I hope they do the right thing. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

I wouldnt throw my hands up in victory just yet. The Chinese are way smarter than we are. If they want to inflict pain they certainly can. Not sure its in anyones best interest tho. If this is a battle of pride then we have already lost. Its in everyones best interest to have a fair and equitable trade relation. I hope they do the right thing. 

We could crush China.  The fact that we can’t is because a large amount of our citizens hate Trump.

Just because China is willing to starve our millions of their people to try and “win” doesn’t make them smarter.

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

We could crush China.  The fact that we can’t is because a large amount of our citizens hate Trump.

Just because China is willing to starve our millions of their people to try and “win” doesn’t make them smarter.

China has alot of interest in US corps. And they dont hold as much of our debt as they used to. I would hope they are willing to deal here, fair is fair and nobody is benefiting right now. 

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

China has alot of interest in US corps. And they dont hold as much of our debt as they used to. I would hope they are willing to deal here, fair is fair and nobody is benefiting right now. 

Actually, we are winning right now (or losing less?).  Every day, our manus and suppliers are finding new avenues to fill the void.  Some are creating jobs, plants are being opened up again.  The American consumer is seeing and will see what will amount to a small ripple in price increases most won’t even notice.

China knows this:  if they fuck around too long, we’ll establish new supply avenues.  I expect them to start pulling some big time play quick to force some type of end to it.  If this “rare elements” is what they consider a “big time play”.  They are in trouble.

I say turn up the heat to eleven.  They’ll cave or they will starve millions...probably both anyway.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Actually, we are winning right now (or losing less?).  Every day, our manus and suppliers are finding new avenues to fill the void.  Some are creating jobs, plants are being opened up again.  The American consumer is seeing and will see what will amount to a small ripple in price increases most won’t even notice.

China knows this:  if they fuck around too long, we’ll establish new supply avenues.  I expect them to start pulling some big time play quick to force some type of end to it.  If this “rare elements” is what they consider a “big time play”.  They are in trouble.

I say turn up the heat to eleven.  They’ll cave or they will starve millions...probably both anyway.

Millions have been starving in China since Noah. Quit superimposing western values on China. They’ll eat rotten fish before giving in. Xi is smiling every time. 

11 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Millions have been starving in China since Noah. Quit superimposing western values on China. They’ll eat rotten fish before giving in. Xi is smiling every time. 

Just be quiet.  I know you root against America.  You are the problem we have here.  Your thoughts on these matters are completely brainless.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Anler said:

While I support Trump for confronting our Trade imbalance, he may have miscalculated the Chinese’s resolve to retain their trade advantage.  I hope for everyone’s sake too, that this gets worked out soon to everyone’s satisfaction.  All that uncertainty isn’t doing the markets any favor either.

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just be quiet.  I know you root against America.  You are the problem we have here.  Your thoughts on these matters are completely brainless.

His thoughts are brainless....fuck man look in a mirror. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
28 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

While I support Trump for confronting our Trade imbalance, he may have miscalculated the Chinese’s resolve to retain their trade advantage.  I hope for everyone’s sake too, that this gets worked out soon to everyone’s satisfaction.  All that uncertainty isn’t doing the markets any favor either.

Mark said basically the same thing as Spin yet you are silent.

52 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

His thoughts are brainless....fuck man look in a mirror. 

Oh, your thoughts are brainless too.  Just whining about anybody who douesnt just plainly agree with you.

Boo hoo! 

52 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Mark said basically the same thing as Spin yet you are silent.

This was basically the same thing and in the same context of our conversation?  WHAT?

Mark isn’t a miserable whiner looking for America to go tita up because life and the election didn’t work out for him. 

How did you not see this difference in narratives in the conversation, college?  

Nevermind.