Check your account email address ×

Finest musician of all time.

I like George but that is far from my fave of his songs 

some place there is a video he did riding around on some old mid 60s skidoo in a fur if I remember been a few yrs .

edit lol my bad it was ringo 

Edited by Ez ryder

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

We all have our opinion on the finest. 

Yeah, but get real.  Opinions only matter if they are correct.  :lol:

...I thought he was a talented musician for sure.  Just not a fan of his music.

15 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Saw him at 1st ave when he was a nobody. Never experienced a stage presence like that. Incredible. 

what show ? if he was a nobody it would have still been Sam's 

same shit diff day 

81 he did the last show there under Sam's before opening for the stones 

my wife was at that one .

her dad's brother started the depot/ sams/1st ave . so she spent some time there as a kid and after . 

Edited by Ez ryder

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

what show ? 

I don’t know what you mean. What show? He’d just made his move from the Orpheum. Maybe April “81. He’d been playing at the Orpheum during fall and winter of “80-81” 

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I don’t know what you mean. What show? He’d just made his move from the Orpheum. Maybe April “81. He’d been playing at the Orpheum during fall and winter of “80-81” 

so controversy . 

“That’s not the only assistance Harrison gave Tom during the recording of “I Want Back Down” as Petty explained, “We pretty much finished the song—all but one line. Which was “There ain’t no easy way out.” I didn’t have a line for that. [Originally] I was singing “I’m standing on the edge of the world.” [Laughs] And when we were recording it, George said. “What the hell is that—“I’m standing at the end of the world.” Surely that’s got to be something better than that.’ [Laughs] And I came up with ‘There ain’t no easy way out,” which seemed so obvious. But that was George going, ‘That line’s dumb.’ And so I’m really glad that I got all the dumb lines out, because it’s a song that apparently a lot of people have been inspired by.”, Wow, that’s a true friend, telling Petty what he really needed to hear, that the old line, lyrically didn’t fit. And, thanks to George and his one suggestion, “I Won’t Back Down” is the modern American classic it is today.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dontforgetthesongs365.wordpress.com/2012/08/09/tom-petty-i-wont-back-down/amp/

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

you sound like a woman 

You put dirty toilet paper in the trash can.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks